Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 32

Reload Thread: Rockford Fosgate P3D4-12?

  1. #1
    Montana's Avatar
    Montana is offline Banned



    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Billings, MT
    Posts
    584
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

    Icon6 Rockford Fosgate P3D4-12?

    Hey guys, my name is Tyler. Recently I have had a hobby of my car audio, I am without a doubt new to the scene. However, I am very interested. So, right now I push two 12s in a sealed. I have Pioneer TS-W3002D4 with a Pioneer Gm-5500T amp (bridged) and then a Kenwood P-W1210 ( ) with a KAC-8105D () bridged also. I am about to upgrade basically everything, I believe I am getting two Rockford Fosgate P3D4-12 (don't know about the amp yet)

    So, my question is.

    Are Rockford Fosgate P3D4-12s good way to go? Also, what amp will power them swell? And one more thing, what do I need to know when looking at capaciters?

    Thanks!







  2. #2
    T.I.K.'s Avatar
    T.I.K. is offline F*ck it, we'll do it live



    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Age
    21
    Posts
    4,151
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

    Re: Rockford Fosgate P3D4-12?

    Quote Originally Posted by Montana View Post
    Hey guys, my name is Tyler. Recently I have had a hobby of my car audio, I am without a doubt new to the scene. However, I am very interested. So, right now I push two 12s in a sealed. I have Pioneer TS-W3002D4 with a Pioneer Gm-5500T amp (bridged) and then a Kenwood P-W1210 ( ) with a KAC-8105D () bridged also. I am about to upgrade basically everything, I believe I am getting two Rockford Fosgate P3D4-12 (don't know about the amp yet)

    So, my question is.

    Are Rockford Fosgate P3D4-12s good way to go? Also, what amp will power them swell? And one more thing, what do I need to know when looking at capaciters?

    Thanks!
    You must be new here...


    Don't buy those Rockford pieces of shit. They're a rip off; price-to-performance they're a decent subwoofer, at best.

    I would suggest looking at Obsidian Audio or perhaps Sound Solutions Audio for quality subs around your price range. I would also recommend you take a look at AudioQue or Crescendo Audio for some nice amps to match your subs.



    Get taken down to funky town on MobileAudioForum.com.

  3. #3
    Montana's Avatar
    Montana is offline Banned

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Billings, MT
    Posts
    584
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

    Re: Rockford Fosgate P3D4-12?

    I am shopping online, so they are only gonna run me about $120 each (then like $20 shipping per) , Fosgates aren't too hot?




  4. #4
    T.I.K.'s Avatar
    T.I.K. is offline F*ck it, we'll do it live



    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Age
    21
    Posts
    4,151
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

    Re: Rockford Fosgate P3D4-12?

    Quote Originally Posted by Montana View Post
    I am shopping online, so they are only gonna run me about $120 each (then like $20 shipping per) , Fosgates aren't too hot?
    Forsgate woofers aren't great, I actually owned a pair of them not but a few years ago, definitely not as good as others. Their amps are great and do rated, although they're very expensive.

    It sounds like you're on a budget, give us(me) and idea of how much money you want to spend, all the equipment you want to buy, and what kind of car you've got. and we'll go from there.



    Get taken down to funky town on MobileAudioForum.com.

  5. #5
    Montana's Avatar
    Montana is offline Banned

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Billings, MT
    Posts
    584
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

    Re: Rockford Fosgate P3D4-12?

    Alright, I've got a little toying room with budget, I am most likely in the range of $100-$200 per sub, amp also falls within that price range. I'll be needing a better amp, and subs, also a head unit (I don't even know what's in there, some pioneer.. I'll have to look at it, open to recommendations for that as well)

    And I drive a 2005 Lincoln LS




  6. #6
    Montana's Avatar
    Montana is offline Banned

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Billings, MT
    Posts
    584
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

    Re: Rockford Fosgate P3D4-12?

    Another thing, how would several 10s compare to two 12s? Let's say I ran Four 10s ( I believe I can fit them we'll say I can for this) how does that compare? Sorry if I ask dumb questions, just trying to expand my knowledge :-) Would it still give that boomy hit? Or because they are lower, would they give a more crisp clean hit? ( I know I am going far from my orginal subject)




  7. #7
    rebelfromva's Avatar
    rebelfromva is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    3,818
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

    Re: Rockford Fosgate P3D4-12?

    What's your budget? Current system and electrical like? How much room do you have for a box?



    09 Cobalt LT
    Headunit -Alpine CDA-9887
    Front Stage - PHD FB 6.1 PRO SIX M/B, FB 5.1 m/b, FB 1.1b tweets
    Highs amp -Pheonix Gold Xenon 100.4 & 200.4
    Sub stage - 2 DC M2 LVL 5 12s
    Sub amp - 2 DC 5.0Ks
    Electrical - Singer 270 alt, big 3 0/1 & 12g ofc audio technix, 2 XS d3400s
    Deadener - 80 mill Audiotechnix deadener
    "Trunk hit hard like Kimbo Slice"
    TEAM DC AUDIO

  8. #8
    Montana's Avatar
    Montana is offline Banned

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Billings, MT
    Posts
    584
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

    Re: Rockford Fosgate P3D4-12?

    As I previously said it's a solid $100 - $200 per sub is what I am looking for ( that's not set in stone I am not trying to spend $5,000 on a car audio system though), I don't have a solid price range seeing as I just kind of buy a piece of my system per check, so I just keep adding too it. I am not sure what "electrical like" means, and I have a sealed dual 12 inch in there right now. A quick Google search told me I have 13.5 cubic feet in my trunk to play with, however, no heights and or further specs are givin' , but with the 13.5 cubic feet being said, I can build a custom box if need be, I without a doubt have the handy work skills and tools to do so.




  9. #9
    T.I.K.'s Avatar
    T.I.K. is offline F*ck it, we'll do it live



    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Age
    21
    Posts
    4,151
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

    Re: Rockford Fosgate P3D4-12?

    Quote Originally Posted by Montana View Post
    Alright, I've got a little toying room with budget, I am most likely in the range of $100-$200 per sub, amp also falls within that price range. I'll be needing a better amp, and subs, also a head unit (I don't even know what's in there, some pioneer.. I'll have to look at it, open to recommendations for that as well)

    And I drive a 2005 Lincoln LS
    If I were you, I'd do one larger woofer, like a 15". It'll buy you a nicer woofer and it'll still get plenty loud.

    Plus, for $200 a woofer, you could easily have power handling close to 2000w, and then you need electrical upgrades and that's just as expensive as the woofer and amp. Best to start small and work up.

    I'd run a GCON 15"/SA-15/DC Lvl.3
    all those subs should handle 600w-1000w. With the money you save by going with one woofer, you can buy a nicer amp. something like an AQ1200D/SAZ-1000D/B2 Quota.

    all of those are quality amps. I'd personally go with the quota, very underrated.



    Get taken down to funky town on MobileAudioForum.com.

  10. Thanks Montana thanked for this post
    Likes Sonic. liked this post
  11. #10
    Montana's Avatar
    Montana is offline Banned

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Billings, MT
    Posts
    584
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

    Re: Rockford Fosgate P3D4-12?

    How does a single 15 compare to a dual 12 however? Will you still get the clean hits? Or is it just strictly the low LOUD window shaking?
    And what do you mean electrical upgrades? As in a extra battery? What else needs to be done electrically? Beside of course higher gage wiring? (wire is no issue, I get it for free :P)




  12. #11
    T.I.K.'s Avatar
    T.I.K. is offline F*ck it, we'll do it live



    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Age
    21
    Posts
    4,151
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

    Re: Rockford Fosgate P3D4-12?

    Quote Originally Posted by Montana View Post
    As I previously said it's a solid $100 - $200 per sub is what I am looking for ( that's not set in stone I am not trying to spend $5,000 on a car audio system though), I don't have a solid price range seeing as I just kind of buy a piece of my system per check, so I just keep adding too it. I am not sure what "electrical like" means, and I have a sealed dual 12 inch in there right now. A quick Google search told me I have 13.5 cubic feet in my trunk to play with, however, no heights and or further specs are givin' , but with the 13.5 cubic feet being said, I can build a custom box if need be, I without a doubt have the handy work skills and tools to do so.
    Like I said, unless you want to start making electical upgrades to handle the bigger amps, you're going to want to stick below ~1500w. after that I'd start looking into extra batteries and further down the line a higher output alternator.



    Get taken down to funky town on MobileAudioForum.com.

  13. #12
    rebelfromva's Avatar
    rebelfromva is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    3,818
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

    Re: Rockford Fosgate P3D4-12?

    What vehicle? With the budget of 400 for subs you can get some nice subs used on here. By electrical I mean batteries and wire for your system. I would suggest 0g for 1000+ watt system. In your case I would pick and amp 1000-1500rms and either a single or two sub setup to match amp.



    09 Cobalt LT
    Headunit -Alpine CDA-9887
    Front Stage - PHD FB 6.1 PRO SIX M/B, FB 5.1 m/b, FB 1.1b tweets
    Highs amp -Pheonix Gold Xenon 100.4 & 200.4
    Sub stage - 2 DC M2 LVL 5 12s
    Sub amp - 2 DC 5.0Ks
    Electrical - Singer 270 alt, big 3 0/1 & 12g ofc audio technix, 2 XS d3400s
    Deadener - 80 mill Audiotechnix deadener
    "Trunk hit hard like Kimbo Slice"
    TEAM DC AUDIO

  14. #13
    T.I.K.'s Avatar
    T.I.K. is offline F*ck it, we'll do it live



    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Age
    21
    Posts
    4,151
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

    Re: Rockford Fosgate P3D4-12?

    Quote Originally Posted by Montana View Post
    How does a single 15 compare to a dual 12 however? Will you still get the clean hits? Or is it just strictly the low LOUD window shaking?
    The performance of the subwoofer depends mostly on the enclosure, believe it or not. A quality box, built to spec is far more important than the equipment itself, which is something that almost anybody on here will tell you. The myth of larger woofers not sounding as good as other, smaller woofers is false. The moving mass of a 12" and a 15" woofer is at most about 50 grams, which in the grand scheme of things isn't that big of a deal...



    Get taken down to funky town on MobileAudioForum.com.

  15. #14
    Montana's Avatar
    Montana is offline Banned

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Billings, MT
    Posts
    584
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

    Re: Rockford Fosgate P3D4-12?

    Oh, a better altinator is what you mean electrically, got'cha. So a higher end 15 will kick well for me? Making the rearview move? ;-)




  16. #15
    rebelfromva's Avatar
    rebelfromva is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    3,818
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

    Re: Rockford Fosgate P3D4-12?

    Quote Originally Posted by Montana View Post
    Oh, a better altinator is what you mean electrically, got'cha. So a higher end 15 will kick well for me? Making the rearview move? ;-)
    My single 12 has it so I can't keep my rear view anywhere but facing down!



    09 Cobalt LT
    Headunit -Alpine CDA-9887
    Front Stage - PHD FB 6.1 PRO SIX M/B, FB 5.1 m/b, FB 1.1b tweets
    Highs amp -Pheonix Gold Xenon 100.4 & 200.4
    Sub stage - 2 DC M2 LVL 5 12s
    Sub amp - 2 DC 5.0Ks
    Electrical - Singer 270 alt, big 3 0/1 & 12g ofc audio technix, 2 XS d3400s
    Deadener - 80 mill Audiotechnix deadener
    "Trunk hit hard like Kimbo Slice"
    TEAM DC AUDIO

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Rockford Fosgate P3D4-12 VS Alpine SWR1243D ADVICE
    By Nonten03 in forum Subwoofers
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-19-2011, 03:59 PM
  2. Rockford Fosgate HE 12"...opinions
    By pj2003 in forum Subwoofers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-15-2004, 10:04 PM
  3. Rockford Fosgate HE 12"??
    By dkim1385 in forum Subwoofers
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-19-2002, 11:09 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts

1e2 Forum