User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Reload Thread: wow, how can you not like barricks?

TeXaN  is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow, how can you not like barricks?

ok first of all, if you arent impressed with solar barrick quality, then you just dont have ears. they are very awesome. and no, lack of power wont damage speakers cuz my genious brother ran a couple of kicker full range system 10''s on just the amp in the head unit for like a year and they still work fine. but if you do that your more likely to fry the amp in the head unit, which isnt very good.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my bad, this was meant to be on the kicker solo barrick thread

zane is offline Bored.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have no problems with Kicker SPL wise. In fact- they would be one of my main considerations for a SPL set up. My issues with them lie in the area of SQ. While it is not totally horrendous by any means; the SQ of the solo's is a bit lacking for an SQ system.

There are obvious good points and bad points about the solo's. The good seem to lend themself towards boom moreso.

take it easy,

-zane

Webslave - www.SoundwavesCS.net

"The man who goes alone can start today; but he who travels with another must wait till that other is ready."

- Henry David Thoreau

jlaine is offline Vaporware

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: wow, how can you not like barricks?

Originally posted by TeXaN*
    ok first of all, if you arent impressed with solar barrick quality, then you just dont have ears. they are very awesome. .
    I don't have ears now too?

hmm...

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    umm, well i cant see anything bad about solo's, yes they hit harder more than put out rich quality, but thats mostly what poeple want. that problem is easily fixed by some nice quality door speakers and dash speakers

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    løl dont be stupid jlaine, unless you have mcintosh shyt there isnt much better than solo's. and still id rather have solo's than mc's cuz i dont have to worry about theaft as much....

MR_LOWRIDER is offline junior spl'r

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

kicker *****

kickers have good spl but are ugly subs that should be in there own class because of there shape.There is better out there so whats the big deal here?

SONY CD HU
    JBL GTO 6.5"/1" TWEETS
    JBL 4x6's
    SONY CLASS D AMP
    NO SUB(soon to come)

taylor is offline THUNDER TUNES IS A FLAMER

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with Zane....Huge spl, but sq of the solos is lacking to me......

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    løl dont be stupid jlaine, unless you have mcintosh shyt there isnt much better than solo's. and still id rather have solo's than mc's cuz i dont have to worry about theaft as much....
    Well I have a PPI Tube Driver, some Adire Brahma's, several sets of Peerless woofers laying around, some seas mids and a few tweets, a pair of Eclipse 8812's sitting around in my kitchen collecting dust, a sony C910 and the optical 210EQ mate for it also... I'll get around to installing some of this stuff sometime soon I'm hoping...

I just find that any company that specs their sub out at a Qtc. of .9 or higher is looking to attract the boom crowd... which is exactly what the barics do in their recommended enclosure... *boom, boom boom* Increase the box size by about 25% and they get pretty respectable..

In comparison, some of McIntosh's subwoofer releases actually sold for LESS than a singular solo-baric does...

budgetSQ is offline Basshead

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    texan, what are u comparing those to, Jensens?
    maybe all they have out in texas are radioshacks...

-(1) Clarion 725
    -(2) Diamond M371i
    -(1) Diamond MacDaddy 12" UNIQUE (long throw) in a ported box
    -(1) 400w 4ch Crunch Drive Bridged
    -(1) 600w 2ch Crunch Drive Bridged

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well, if you want to pay out the *** and buy a bunch of crap to mak your system perfect, feel free. me id rather have just an amp, 2 subs and a couple of 5''s for the door. you get 2 solo barrick 10''s pushed with enough power and its pretty hard to beat. i mean if you have no life and want to spend all your money and time finding the perfect combination for a system, go ahead. and yes, i live in a town with a population of 7,000, so my main audio source within 45 minutes is radioshack, but still you cant find most sizes of solo barricks at radioshack, cant even find any of em at mine.... lol, and if you find a macintosh for less than a solo, then its hott...

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by TeXaN
    well, if you want to pay out the *** and buy a bunch of crap to mak your system perfect, feel free.
    Ahh, now I have no ears... and my equipment is crap...
    If you knew what I paid for my equipment, you'd be bummin...

lol, and if you find a macintosh for less than a solo, then its hott...
    The retail on the McIntosh 12" subwoofer upon release from a dealer was $250 for MSRP.... Which is less than the solo-baric by about 100 dollars if I recall correctly?
    Right now McIntosh essentially focuses on processors and amps, and compared to the Kicker ZR line, they are pretty evenly priced when all is considered...
    Last edited by jlaine; 04-25-2002 at 11:20 PM.

audiolife is offline WhAt?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol in my defense i am running my L5's in about 5.75 cft shared sealed with a pretty dead box...smaller box kickers can sound "good" but you gotta xover them at 50 and tweek it with an eq. they can sound powerful but i wouldnt call them muddy at all unless you dont know wtf you are doing...i am however prolly gonna switch to idmaxs here in the near future but i am also interested in adire subs...i might even go with 18w3's but i will need more power for that. as for the kickers they are very capable as are ALOT of subs when put into the hands of people who know what they are doing.

Sony Mobile ES C-90 Audison Bit-One
    Audison LRx 3.1 MT
    Hertz HSK 130
    Mid Bass ?
    DB Drive K5 15
    Kinetik 1400HC
    avital 2200 alarm
    dynamat extreme

zane is offline Bored.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well, if you want to pay out the *** and buy a bunch of crap to mak your system perfect, feel free. me id rather have just an amp, 2 subs and a couple of 5''s for the door. you get 2 solo barrick 10''s pushed with enough power and its pretty hard to beat.
    I call that bluff. I currently run two Alumapro Alchemy 12's from a Phoenix Gold XS2500.
    I can pretty much guarantee better SQ. I am also willing to bet that I could sway your opinion from the solo's on the bump side as well. Point being, the solo's arent the God of all speakers out there.

i mean if you have no life and want to spend all your money and time finding the perfect combination for a system, go ahead. and yes, i live in a town with a population of 7,000, so my main audio source within 45 minutes is radioshack, but still you cant find most sizes of solo barricks at radioshack, cant even find any of em at mine.... lol, and if you find a macintosh for less than a solo, then its hott...
    So you are saying is that researching several different products and comparing them on many levels; is nothing more than a supplement for life or a lack there of?

How do you figure?

By the way- It is highly likely that I paid a considerable ammount less for my Alcheny's and the PG Amp combined- than 2 Kicker Solo Baric 10's retail for alone. Then again, I guess in your terms; I have wasted all my time looking for the best deal on the products I researched, and then decided to purchase.

yawn.................

take it easy,

-zane

Webslave - www.SoundwavesCS.net

"The man who goes alone can start today; but he who travels with another must wait till that other is ready."

- Henry David Thoreau

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Once again, Zane lays down the law on the Solo Barics. You won't proove him wrong so you might as well give it up.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast