Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reload Thread: CompVR vs P1

omgrellik is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

CompVR vs P1

Still looking at 15s. Trying to go somewhat budget but good. Kicker CompVR vs Rockford Fosgate P1. Both 15s. Which would sound better and be louder? Also, want a decent cheap to power them. Can get a sealed box for 35. Want sub, box, and amp to be under 220 max if possible. Thanks guys

myjaja is offline Audioque

San Antonio, Tx Posts: 143,632 _____<^>*_*<^>_____
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Re: CompVR vs P1

With $220 being your max for amp, sub and enclosure, I can't really recommend you better subs. Out of those two subs, I'd pick the kicker cvr.

Refs: sbcaprice305, mattmcss, systembumping, LeofromtheH, audiobahnuser18, stishdr, wcarson8911, jnoel, mr_kebo, 93 saturn sl2

HU: Home stereo converted to dc
    Speakers: Stock
    Subs: 6 1/2 home sub
    Amp: off the stereo
    Wiring: extended power cord
    neon lights: Christmas lights duct taped to frame

3. Likes Full Tilt liked this post
    Kangaroux is online now I put on

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by myjaja View Post
    With $220 being your max for amp, sub and enclosure, I can't really recommend you better subs. Out of those two subs, I'd pick the kicker cvr.
    This...

omgrellik is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by myjaja View Post
    Thanks. Ive heard that Audiopipes are pretty good. I dunno though. I just wanted to go with reputable brands. I've fell in love my RF. Got 2 P2 10s in a ported box that work perfect for 80$ I fell in love. I'm gonna sell them with my amp to finance the 15.

skylineTT is offline bass=sekz

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

yeah def the cvr if you can only choose from those 2.

Refs: Dipitydoo, appollyon, bad95gt, revrider1, jwh1598, ampjunkielikeme, deathpenalty18, ssackett, snoopysnooper, corey0928, SPLAudio, Clifff150, CL1CKCLACK, ShawnT, West + more

Sleeklsc is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

The only fosgates worth a dam is the p3's and up. If I was givin 1 or 2's they'd end up visiting a wall socket, then into the garbage where I would urinate on them till the trash man came.

With that said....Pick the cvr.

Ref's:1. Midwestcustoms 1.5. Desertheat 2. Mjbailey 3. Terryracing86 4. Sickmint79 5. Untouchable11 6. mattj 7. Ssweet96 8. Kool9accord 9.Kristinspapi10. Kmhogan224 11. Alpine3612 -x3- 12. Vectork39 13. Livinlife 14.Chriscivic 15. Violentraptor 16. Ricky616 17. Bassaddictj 18.orioles26 19.Khail19 20. jak3th3snak311 21. Myjaja 22. Springy101 x2 23. Ali1 24. Privatepastry 25. Plus about 10+ more..

Bettr n' Revrse is offline I do what I want

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

I wouldn't even bother buying a system if that's all I had to spend to be honest...

Western Rep.

99 Honda CRV: (Always Changing) ___________ 79 F-150: Show Truck ________________
    -Head Unit: Eclipse CD7100________________ -Head Unit: Eclipse CD7100
    -Sub Stage: Sundown SD-2 8's sealed________ -Sub Stage: Looking
    -Mids/Highs: Deciding_____________________ -Mids/Highs: Scan Speak & Blaupunkt
    -Sub Amp: MMATS Hifi 6 channel____________ -Sub Amp: American Warrior Set (Zed Built)
    -Mid Amp: ^^^ 5/6 bridged at 1 ohm_________ -Mid Amp: ^^^

wickedwitt is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bettr n' Revrse View Post
    I wouldn't even bother buying a system if that's all I had to spend to be honest...
    Why not? Anything is better than stock. Everyone has different budgets, and therefore, different starting points.

You're advice is akin to telling someone they shouldn't even touch a motor if all they had was $500 to spend on it. Guess what, a chip is a decent starting place. Is it the same performance as twin turbos w/ computer tuning, blow off valves, high pressure injectors and an intercooler? No. Does it make the car faster than before? Yes.

Stupid Loud.

wenn_du_weinst is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

I like cvrs.....

I am protesting Skar by giving them added exposure in my signature.

Sleeklsc is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wickedwitt View Post
    Why not? Anything is better than stock. Everyone has different budgets, and therefore, different starting points.

You're advice is akin to telling someone they shouldn't even touch a motor if all they had was $500 to spend on it. Guess what, a chip is a decent starting place. Is it the same performance as twin turbos w/ computer tuning, blow off valves, high pressure injectors and an intercooler? No. Does it make the car faster than before? Yes.
    x2..

I have plenty of disposable income but you won't see me buying the best of the best. Shit, look at my sig. If a single cvr and a decent 500 watt amp makes someone happy that's all that matters.

Ref's:1. Midwestcustoms 1.5. Desertheat 2. Mjbailey 3. Terryracing86 4. Sickmint79 5. Untouchable11 6. mattj 7. Ssweet96 8. Kool9accord 9.Kristinspapi10. Kmhogan224 11. Alpine3612 -x3- 12. Vectork39 13. Livinlife 14.Chriscivic 15. Violentraptor 16. Ricky616 17. Bassaddictj 18.orioles26 19.Khail19 20. jak3th3snak311 21. Myjaja 22. Springy101 x2 23. Ali1 24. Privatepastry 25. Plus about 10+ more..

12. Likes wickedwitt liked this post
    Why So Cereal? is offline Invisible Cereal

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

My CVRs made me very happy back when I had them

CVRs all day of those two.

Bettr n' Revrse is offline I do what I want

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wickedwitt View Post

No but if you do it in steps you don't waste money... For example if he just started with a good headunit and maybe speakers with the smaller budget he has now then going with amps and subs later... Why just go by cheap amps and subs your just gunna want to sell later for better stuff and lose money on it... Like starting with an exhaust which will help and is needed for the future upgrades instead of a cheap tuner your just gunna have to sell for better tuning...

Western Rep.

99 Honda CRV: (Always Changing) ___________ 79 F-150: Show Truck ________________
    -Head Unit: Eclipse CD7100________________ -Head Unit: Eclipse CD7100
    -Sub Stage: Sundown SD-2 8's sealed________ -Sub Stage: Looking
    -Mids/Highs: Deciding_____________________ -Mids/Highs: Scan Speak & Blaupunkt
    -Sub Amp: MMATS Hifi 6 channel____________ -Sub Amp: American Warrior Set (Zed Built)
    -Mid Amp: ^^^ 5/6 bridged at 1 ohm_________ -Mid Amp: ^^^

wickedwitt is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bettr n' Revrse View Post
    No but if you do it in steps you don't waste money... For example if he just started with a good headunit and maybe speakers with the smaller budget he has now then going with amps and subs later... Why just go by cheap amps and subs your just gunna want to sell later for better stuff and lose money on it... Like starting with an exhaust which will help and is needed for the future upgrades instead of a cheap tuner your just gunna have to sell for better tuning...
    Remember, anything he buys is re-saleable so as long as it is maintained. He might be out a bit due to depreciation, but a little bang now is better than no bang for 9 mo-2 yrs while he saves up.

Most (yes I know, not all) audio is more easily removed and replaced than performance parts; so in that sense they don't really compare. A chip would be easy to back off then resale. An exhaust system with headers that aren't proper for the turbo system would be nigh worthless for resale.

Stupid Loud.

Below20hzonly is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

getta ssa dcon 15
    Quote Originally Posted by omgrellik View Post
    Still looking at 15s. Trying to go somewhat budget but good. Kicker CompVR vs Rockford Fosgate P1. Both 15s. Which would sound better and be louder? Also, want a decent cheap to power them. Can get a sealed box for 35. Want sub, box, and amp to be under 220 max if possible. Thanks guys

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

"Bailout: Taking a trillion dollars from the people and giving it to the banks so the banks can loan it back to the people, at interest!"

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast