Closed Thread

Reload Thread: 2) Old school RF Punch (not Power) HX2's or 3) Newer Kicker CVR's??? Opinions???

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2) Old school RF Punch (not Power) HX2's or 3) Newer Kicker CVR's??? Opinions???

Ok guys, so I'm doing a little build for my daily driver. Good electrical already, RF BD1500, and it's a toss up between running 3 like new 12" CVR's (not sure what year, silver cone) or 2 like new 12" Punch HX2's (the old school ones, 2112 model I believe). I remember back in the day these were sick, not like the Power series, but still a **** good sub. But the pros of the CVR's would be an additional 12 for starters, and I'd imagine the tech. has got to be better?? Looking at the same cost either way ($180 for the 3 CVR's / $200 for the 2 HX2's) Looking for a nice all around sound that can beat the lows. I'll be building the box, going in a Tahoe btw, so plenty of space. What's your opinion?

Full Tilt is offline Bonafide MAFer

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Re: 2) Old school RF Punch (not Power) HX2's or 3) Newer Kicker CVR's??? Opinions???

I've never had first-hand experience with the HX2s, but I could imagine that the CVRs would probably get louder..is that your goal? How important is SQ to you? Depending on the setup, Kickers can sound beautiful or totally sh*tty, but that's the situation for almost any sub. But the added cone area of a third twelve would lead me to believe that the Kicker setup is probably going to get louder.

Just my $.02

Quote Originally Posted by T.I.K. View Post
    Careful, by those definitions Spider Monkey is a contributing member, I don't think he even knows what a subwoofer is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Truman View Post
    Thanks quackhead. Your the only person who agrees with me. Jesus Christ I have like 40 post and I've been called a ******* like 37 times

Sleeklsc is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Re: 2) Old school RF Punch (not Power) HX2's or 3) Newer Kicker CVR's??? Opinions???

I ran a pair of 12" hx2's in 01-02. They were alright. Ran them sealed and ported(or was it a bandpass??). I was like 17 so I just wanted to throw them in and bang. Chances are they could've sounded better.

I love me some older fosgates but the kickers will get louder.

Ref's:1. Midwestcustoms 1.5. Desertheat 2. Mjbailey 3. Terryracing86 4. Sickmint79 5. Untouchable11 6. mattj 7. Ssweet96 8. Kool9accord 9.Kristinspapi10. Kmhogan224 11. Alpine3612 -x3- 12. Vectork39 13. Livinlife 14.Chriscivic 15. Violentraptor 16. Ricky616 17. Bassaddictj 18.orioles26 19.Khail19 20. jak3th3snak311 21. Myjaja 22. Springy101 x2 23. Ali1 24. Privatepastry 25. Plus about 10+ more..

bwebster1989 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

3 cvx kickers would be nice

Closed Thread