Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Reload Thread: Compare 2 Setups RF/JL

IonRL205 is offline DJ h4z4rdes IonRL205 is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Re: Compare 2 Setups RF/JL

Quote Originally Posted by BlackHawk99 View Post
    LOL! Seriously man. You are too funny! If a person didn't know any better they would think your opinion was based on first hand experience with them, but that's not the case. I see now... you repeat... you give advice based on what others say, not on your own experience. You do so just to feel like you belong and contribute. I know the type. The person that recommend them to you is a good guy. He has experience with them. If you know about them you wouldn't have had to ask him about them which you did. BTW, I wasn't being sarcastic. Maybe it should have went like this... "You may want to check in to Dayoton HO's. I've heard good things about them." Not this baloney... "You should look into some of the Dayton HO's. Cheap, amazing SQ, and can pound Dayton Audio RSS265HO-4 10" Reference HO Subwoofer 4 Ohm 295-462 These with that JL amp will sound great and get loud doing it"

You do a disservice with that. But, get mad. That's ok with me.
    shut up you 12er

lots of people recommend those subs. They are known to have great SQ and still get loud

Headunit - Pioneer DEH-P8300UB
    Subs - None
    Sub Amp - 2x Crescendo 3kwp
    Front Stage - Polk Audio db651 Coaxial
    Front Amp - None

Quote Originally Posted by zako View Post
    Most properly done 15 inch subwoofers are not suited for car audio use simply due to box size requirements.

2. Likes tat2bass liked this post

tat2bass is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by qwiktune View Post
    Just wanted to say experience or not with the equipment I do appreciate the recommendations. Theres no need for arguement but I get what BlackHawk is saying, you did come off as sounding like you had experience with them. Only problem is since they aren't very popular (as in being in local stores and such) theres no way for me to test them to hear what they sound like and if I don't end up liking them, can they be returned easy without a return shipping fee?...thats the only thing that keeps me really from ordering sounds offline that I didn't get to sample.

To change the pace though, anyone have experience with the Kenwood KFC-W3012 subs? I came across a pair that i might be able to get pretty cheap or should I avoid them....
    Well that was my bad. I don't have personal experience with them, but like you said there isn't much info on them outside of this forum. I hadn't ever heard of the Daytons before coming on here but have yet to hear anything negative about them.

With those Kenwoods, I had the previous models when I first got into car audio and for entry level they were good at lower levels. They distorted pretty easy at higher levels and I only had about 300w to each of mine. But for the price installed in a Honda Integra I was impressed. I wouldn't pay more than 50 for them though. You can get the newer models on sonicelectronix for $60 with free shipping.

qwiktune is offline Ninja Samurai

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tat2bass View Post
    With those Kenwoods, I had the previous models when I first got into car audio and for entry level they were good at lower levels. They distorted pretty easy at higher levels and I only had about 300w to each of mine. But for the price installed in a Honda Integra I was impressed. I wouldn't pay more than 50 for them though. You can get the newer models on sonicelectronix for $60 with free shipping.
    Yeah I was just curious, i buddy of mine is selling a pair in a box with a Kicker ZX400.1 for $175. Figured i'd see if any of it was worth it, but I'm sure the HX2 are much better.

tat2bass is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by qwiktune View Post
    Yeah I was just curious, i buddy of mine is selling a pair in a box with a Kicker ZX400.1 for $175. Figured i'd see if any of it was worth it, but I'm sure the HX2 are much better.
    Yeah, that is too much for those and that amp.

StoneyWV is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well, I have personal experience with them and I have one on it's way back to parts express after one week of usage. Running a 12" HO -44 in .85 cuft net volume stuff with poly and pushing it at 700wrms with a ARC Audio XDi amp. Sounds great, gets loud, and comes apart nicely

Something in the voicecoil detached. I'm going to try the replacement when they send it back, but I'm not sure it's going to last either. I think the issue is at high volumes and low Freq when the VC is pulling the cone back down into the compressed small box it would be my assumption that the whatever adhesive they use on the cone attachement is failing. I did some testing that first week with some test tones and then ran through the popular 20-40 bass songs and it sounded great through it all, but I obviously killed it.

I've burned up some woofers in my time, but I can't say that I have ever mechanically damaged a woofer on less that rated power.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3