So I need a bunch of help with deciding what ohm coils to get on my speakers and there are a bunch of things I donít completely understand so here goes.
First Facts:My Goal: My amp is going to be a 2200w amp at 1 ohm. 1 of the speakers can handle nearly all of that power. Probably around 1800w. I understand wiring 1 speaker to this amp at 1 ohm is easy. My goal is to get both speakers together to pull as close to 1 ohm as possible, maybe even a little under so that combined they get the full 2200w, 1100w each.- The amp is designed to run at 1 ohm but is a very high quality amp and many run it at .5 with no problem.
- The amp is a 2 channel am but can also be run mono
- I will be using 2 subwoofers
- Each woofer will be dvc and can be 1ohm or 2 ohm per coil
My Concern: One thing Iím considerate of is impedance rise due to the box and wiring. This normally isnít too bad and doesnít affect daily music listeners like myself but in my case I think Iím going to see higher than average rise because I will be using 2 subs to 1 amp and 2 separate enclosures that are on the smaller end for my sub. These all cause rise. What Iím afraid of is the amp will end up seeing 1.5 ohms (.25 from each sub)give or take resulting in something like 1700w divided between the two systems making my second speaker a total wash aside from the larger cone area that could be accomplished with just a larger speaker.
My crazy list of questions:Keep in mind one thing I donít want to do is wire them exactly at 1 ohm as they would be on paper. Two 1 ohm in Series/Parallel because Iím sure I will lose power after the resistance of both boxes. Unless everyone thinks otherwise I'm open to all advice.1. Should I link the two subs together then connect them to the mono channel of the amp or should I connect sub 1 to channel 1 and sub 2 to channel 2.
2. If linked together then connected to the mono channel will both subs receive the same power?
3. I see 3 ways to wire theseÖ 1. Series 2. Parallel 3. Series/ParallelÖ.. which would be the best to accomplish what I need
4. If wired in series/parallel with both subs get the same power?
5. Which coils should I get to be wired correctly to get just below 1 ohm before impedance rise?6. If I wire .5 to the amp I see it going up just a little bit but probably not to 1 ohm, is that correct? If so is there anything I can do to increase it a little to get it to say .75 at the amp?- I think the answer here is two 2 ohm dvc pired in parallel/parallel to give me .5 at the amp
7. If I wire them to .5 ohms and I dont turn it up all the way can it sill be damaging to the amp. Lets say I only turn it up enough to get the 2200w out of it?
Thanks all for your help in advance