User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 27

Reload Thread: Replace 10s w7s for what? Need more bass...

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    los angeles
    Posts
    105
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Replace 10s w7s for what? Need more bass...

    Ok i have a few choices on my mind... i listen to purely hip hop so i pretyt much made a mistake with going with 2 10s, i really like the clean hitting low, loud bass with potential to really bump... i love how clean the w7s hit, i want no loss of sound quality... im thinking of a few options:
    1) 1 13w7 sealed or ported
    2) 2 13w6v2 sealed
    3) 2 12 inch idmax sealed
    4)1 adire audio brahma 12 sealed/ported
    5)open to suggestions...
    i hope to sell my setup and use money to buy my new stuff... build all new box, all new panels, etc
    please guys im open to suggestions, i need more bump potential and something that hits clean, just a lot louder to bump to hip hop music, thanks guys!







  2. #2
    Urmama's Avatar
    Urmama is offline Beerdrinker



    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    DAYTON, OHIO
    Age
    37
    Posts
    40
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Replace 10s w7s for what? Need more bass...

    describe your system, your car, how much space you are willing to sacrafice




  3. #3
    WarDrumz's Avatar
    WarDrumz is offline Hebrew Israelite



    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    BABYLON THE GREAT
    Age
    32
    Posts
    711
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Replace 10s w7s for what? Need more bass...

    Are your 10's sealed or ported/vented?

    If they're sealed, get a dual vented box tuned low, and that should help out quite a bit. Probably atleast twice as loud.



    -----------------------------------
    HEADUNIT: Pioneer DEH-P77DH
    SPEAKERS: Polk Audio MM6 Components
    SUBWOOFER: Elemental Designs 15AE
    SUB BOX: 3.4 Cubic Feet @24Hz
    AMP 1: Hifonics Brutus 1500D
    AMP 2: Hifonics Zeus ZX4000
    -----------------------------------
    http://www.hebrewisraelites.org
    -----------------------------------
    IN PROGRESS:

    2 Crystal CMPx2 15's
    7 cubic feet dual 15 sealed box
    SoundStream VGA 1600.2

  4. #4
    pimpn04coupe's Avatar
    pimpn04coupe is offline Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    los angeles
    Posts
    105
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Replace 10s w7s for what? Need more bass...

    Quote Originally Posted by WarDrumz
    Are your 10's sealed or ported/vented?

    If they're sealed, get a dual vented box tuned low, and that should help out quite a bit. Probably atleast twice as loud.
    My system:
    Alpine 7998
    2 Focal Utopia (front and rear)
    2 JL 10 w7s
    1 JL 300.4
    1 JL 1000.1
    Rockford Cap
    I have the subs firing toward the driver (magnets are seen when trunk open) and i ahve my rear seats folded down to allow bass to vent into the cabin... i am willing to sacrifice as much space as neccary since i cant use my trunk anyways because its all for show... and if i do in fact to upgrade my subs, i want to somehow be able to have my seats in the rear up and i think the only way to do this is have subs fire through the ski pass (easy to knock out to creat large opening from trunk to cabin) Also this setup (in the trunk) needs to be show worthy since i do plan on showing my car soon... right now the box has plexi windows and in finished with vinyl including the panel around the amps....

    All installed in a 04 bmw 330ci... the downsides to installing in this car:
    1) Trunks is small and narrow, cant have a wide box (compared to other trunks)
    2) Car is soo properly sealed that if you have subs in trunk, you will NOT hear bass inside the car (thats why i have my rear seats folded down)




  5. #5
    eviljin's Avatar
    eviljin is offline Senior VIP Member



    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    180
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Replace 10s w7s for what? Need more bass...

    Nice line-up of choices you got there, but you really have to check out the Magnum D2s. Outstanding SQ and great potential for SPL are the main strength of this sub. Rated at 600 watts RMS, this sub does not need much to bring the ruckus. Trust me this is the ultimate SQL sub for you. I know how much SQ you feind from an SQL sub. If you ask me, I would take the 13W7 from the choices above. But to be honest, it will still not be loud enough for you (sealed or ported). What is your AIM screen name?




  6. #6
    eviljin's Avatar
    eviljin is offline Senior VIP Member



    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    180
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Replace 10s w7s for what? Need more bass...

    If you are selling your 10" W7, let me know. I want to add a few more in my SUV.




  7. #7
    Urmama's Avatar
    Urmama is offline Beerdrinker



    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    DAYTON, OHIO
    Age
    37
    Posts
    40
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Replace 10s w7s for what? Need more bass...

    get another 1000 watt JL amp. if that's not enough, go get 2 of the 12" W7s, but your gonna need a bigger, heavier box,

    and go ported, it's twice as efficient, a properly tuned and built ported box wont be muddy and sloppy, any noticable sacrafice of SQ from going ported happens when you have your system turned up louder than you would have been able to be with a sealed box anyway

    you can't beat the overall overhead imo



    I have broken ears

  8. #8
    pimpn04coupe's Avatar
    pimpn04coupe is offline Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    los angeles
    Posts
    105
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Replace 10s w7s for what? Need more bass...

    so the idea of going 1 13w7 ported wont be loud enough for me? btw my screenname is [email protected] if anyone wants to im me and help me out, honestly i want to stick to the w7, i simply love this sub... i know theres no way in hell that 2 12s w7s will fit! theres no way lol i wish they would tho, but im just sick of liek 2 12inch w3 old schools sounding louder than my 2 w7s... first im going to the audio shop and they need to fix the gains on my amp to the subs and fix the panels and *****, after thats done, i can decide wheather to change or stay with this setup....
    how do you guys like the idea of 2 13w6v2s? vs 1 13w7?
    also how do you guys like the idea of 2 12inch idmaxes sealed?
    (just experimenting with ideas)

    thanks for all the input guys!




  9. #9
    Bavarian3's Avatar
    Bavarian3 is offline Ownz joo



    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Nor*Cal
    Age
    27
    Posts
    5,170
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Replace 10s w7s for what? Need more bass...

    Quote Originally Posted by pimpn04coupe
    My system:
    Alpine 7998
    2 Focal Utopia (front and rear)
    2 JL 10 w7s
    1 JL 300.4
    1 JL 1000.1
    Rockford Cap
    I have the subs firing toward the driver (magnets are seen when trunk open) and i ahve my rear seats folded down to allow bass to vent into the cabin... i am willing to sacrifice as much space as neccary since i cant use my trunk anyways because its all for show... and if i do in fact to upgrade my subs, i want to somehow be able to have my seats in the rear up and i think the only way to do this is have subs fire through the ski pass (easy to knock out to creat large opening from trunk to cabin) Also this setup (in the trunk) needs to be show worthy since i do plan on showing my car soon... right now the box has plexi windows and in finished with vinyl including the panel around the amps....

    All installed in a 04 bmw 330ci... the downsides to installing in this car:
    1) Trunks is small and narrow, cant have a wide box (compared to other trunks)
    2) Car is soo properly sealed that if you have subs in trunk, you will NOT hear bass inside the car (thats why i have my rear seats folded down)
    pics of the ride?



    Upcoming SQ competition ready install...
    -Eclipse cd8053
    -Image Dynamics Cd1Pro MH
    -Image Dynamics 6.5" mids with CX motors and poly cone in custom fiberglass kick panels
    -12" Stereo Integrity Magnum in large sealed fiberglass wheel well enclosure.
    -Viper d1200.1 (sub), Viper 400.2 (mids), David Navone Amp-100 (horns)



  10. #10
    Bavarian3's Avatar
    Bavarian3 is offline Ownz joo



    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Nor*Cal
    Age
    27
    Posts
    5,170
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Replace 10s w7s for what? Need more bass...

    and what about 2 d2's? the require very little space and should wang very hard and only need 600 watts. The SQ should be just as good as the w7's too and will get louder than 10's of course. d2's can be used even with only .5 cubes sealed.



    Upcoming SQ competition ready install...
    -Eclipse cd8053
    -Image Dynamics Cd1Pro MH
    -Image Dynamics 6.5" mids with CX motors and poly cone in custom fiberglass kick panels
    -12" Stereo Integrity Magnum in large sealed fiberglass wheel well enclosure.
    -Viper d1200.1 (sub), Viper 400.2 (mids), David Navone Amp-100 (horns)



  11. #11
    WarDrumz's Avatar
    WarDrumz is offline Hebrew Israelite



    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    BABYLON THE GREAT
    Age
    32
    Posts
    711
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Replace 10s w7s for what? Need more bass...

    This is probably the most cost efficient way you can get more bass in your cabin, and what I would try.

    1.) Get a dual 10" vented box tuned low, around the sub's Fs.

    2.) Fire the subs facing away from the driver (toward your license plate).

    3.) Take your rearfil out of the back, and the bass from the trunk will shoot in the cabin from the empty cutouts.

    THAT should make a BIG difference, without spending a lot of money on a new system.



    -----------------------------------
    HEADUNIT: Pioneer DEH-P77DH
    SPEAKERS: Polk Audio MM6 Components
    SUBWOOFER: Elemental Designs 15AE
    SUB BOX: 3.4 Cubic Feet @24Hz
    AMP 1: Hifonics Brutus 1500D
    AMP 2: Hifonics Zeus ZX4000
    -----------------------------------
    http://www.hebrewisraelites.org
    -----------------------------------
    IN PROGRESS:

    2 Crystal CMPx2 15's
    7 cubic feet dual 15 sealed box
    SoundStream VGA 1600.2

  12. #12
    pimpn04coupe's Avatar
    pimpn04coupe is offline Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    los angeles
    Posts
    105
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Replace 10s w7s for what? Need more bass...

    Quote Originally Posted by WarDrumz
    This is probably the most cost efficient way you can get more bass in your cabin, and what I would try.

    1.) Get a dual 10" vented box tuned low, around the sub's Fs.

    2.) Fire the subs facing away from the driver (toward your license plate).

    3.) Take your rearfil out of the back, and the bass from the trunk will shoot in the cabin from the empty cutouts.

    THAT should make a BIG difference, without spending a lot of money on a new system.
    1) Will building a vented box for them really improve the bass (SPL) i am pretty against buying new subs.. so well see, i need to get my system retuned for now cuz the amp is clipping
    2) facing them the other way will only increase rattling wont they? all the pros i went to all agreed that facing them toward the driver was the best way in a 330ci
    3) my rear fill holes already gone (factory 6 x9s removed) tweeters are in rear doors and mids take very little space in the rear deck it wont do much to take em out, when i lift the seats 80% off the bass is gone... i think i will knockout the ski pass....




  13. #13
    AudioGuy's Avatar
    AudioGuy is offline Banned



    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Age
    26
    Posts
    159
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Replace 10s w7s for what? Need more bass...

    Yes dude ported will help alot, thats what ported boxes are for to make subs louder and more boomier. Just try a ported box and stop asking, i think we know what we are talking about.




  14. #14
    Bavarian3's Avatar
    Bavarian3 is offline Ownz joo



    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Nor*Cal
    Age
    27
    Posts
    5,170
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Replace 10s w7s for what? Need more bass...

    Quote Originally Posted by AudioGuy
    Yes dude ported will help alot, thats what ported boxes are for to make subs louder and more boomier. Just try a ported box and stop asking, i think we know what we are talking about.
    howbout u dont be a **** about it? u have sony explode subs so obviously u dont know ****.



    Upcoming SQ competition ready install...
    -Eclipse cd8053
    -Image Dynamics Cd1Pro MH
    -Image Dynamics 6.5" mids with CX motors and poly cone in custom fiberglass kick panels
    -12" Stereo Integrity Magnum in large sealed fiberglass wheel well enclosure.
    -Viper d1200.1 (sub), Viper 400.2 (mids), David Navone Amp-100 (horns)



  15. #15
    Bavarian3's Avatar
    Bavarian3 is offline Ownz joo



    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Nor*Cal
    Age
    27
    Posts
    5,170
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Replace 10s w7s for what? Need more bass...

    Quote Originally Posted by pimpn04coupe
    1) Will building a vented box for them really improve the bass (SPL) i am pretty against buying new subs.. so well see, i need to get my system retuned for now cuz the amp is clipping
    2) facing them the other way will only increase rattling wont they? all the pros i went to all agreed that facing them toward the driver was the best way in a 330ci
    3) my rear fill holes already gone (factory 6 x9s removed) tweeters are in rear doors and mids take very little space in the rear deck it wont do much to take em out, when i lift the seats 80% off the bass is gone... i think i will knockout the ski pass....

    i highly suggest u face to out the back before anything. Face them out the back, and see how u like it. U should get a good amount of rattling, so add sound deadener. U can get second skin, edead, fatmat whatever it all works very welll to help stop the rattling.



    Upcoming SQ competition ready install...
    -Eclipse cd8053
    -Image Dynamics Cd1Pro MH
    -Image Dynamics 6.5" mids with CX motors and poly cone in custom fiberglass kick panels
    -12" Stereo Integrity Magnum in large sealed fiberglass wheel well enclosure.
    -Viper d1200.1 (sub), Viper 400.2 (mids), David Navone Amp-100 (horns)



Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Bass Songs
    By flyasspimp in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 08-22-2005, 11:54 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
1e2 Forum