Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 23

Reload Thread: Subs in a 95 Camaro Z28.

  1. #1
    Nonten03's Avatar
    Nonten03 is offline Member



    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    sapulpa
    Posts
    77
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Icon32 Subs in a 95 Camaro Z28.

    This weekend i'm getting a 95 Camaro Z28 with t tops and was wondering anyone on here has or know's a good set up for these kind of cars? Right now I have 3 Sundown Audio SA-8v.2 on reserve, but no enclosure or amp decided yet. I just thought i should mention that.

    Any help would be much appreciated







  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    The Hills of TN
    Posts
    221
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Subs in a 95 Camaro Z28.

    Well you don't have much room to work with in the hatch, but you might squeeze 3 8's in there. They are (camaros) loudest facing up at the rear window of the hatch. Or wall it off behind the headrests, that works too. The loudest I ever had was 2 good 12's sealed on 1500w and it was retarded loud in a camaro. Same setup in an explorer= not so much.




  3. #3
    T.I.K.'s Avatar
    T.I.K. is offline F*ck it, we'll do it live



    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Age
    21
    Posts
    4,151
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

    Re: Subs in a 95 Camaro Z28.

    How much are you willing to spend? i bet 2k on those SA-8's would sound pretty nice, you'll probably wannt redo your door speakers and amp them as well. Plus a new radio.

    ---------- Post added at 02:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:49 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by HillBillyJoe View Post
    The loudest I ever had was 2 good 12's sealed on 1500w and it was retarded loud in a camaro. Same setup in an explorer= not so much.
    You don't say...



    Get taken down to funky town on MobileAudioForum.com.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    The Hills of TN
    Posts
    221
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Subs in a 95 Camaro Z28.

    Yes...




  5. #5
    rebelfromva's Avatar
    rebelfromva is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    3,818
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

    Re: Subs in a 95 Camaro Z28.

    I had a custom box for 2 12s that fit where the ttop rack is. Your system is going to be loud as **** just letting you know now lol.




  6. #6
    Nonten03's Avatar
    Nonten03 is offline Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    sapulpa
    Posts
    77
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Subs in a 95 Camaro Z28.

    Quote Originally Posted by T.I.K. View Post
    How much are you willing to spend? i bet 2k on those SA-8's would sound pretty nice, you'll probably wannt redo your door speakers and amp them as well. Plus a new radio.

    ---------- Post added at 02:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:49 PM ----------

    Thanks for the quick reply!

    Probably around 300-500, if I can go cheaper with a amp that's about the same true wattage please let me know and I already have my front speakers picked out, which is Hyrbid Audio imagine serious ( I might go with the Unity serious, so i can go active, I haven't decided yet.), but I have not decided on the amp to power those yet.




  7. #7
    rebelfromva's Avatar
    rebelfromva is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    3,818
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

    Re: Subs in a 95 Camaro Z28.

    Look into 2 dcon 12s




  8. #8
    T.I.K.'s Avatar
    T.I.K. is offline F*ck it, we'll do it live



    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Age
    21
    Posts
    4,151
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

    Re: Subs in a 95 Camaro Z28.

    Quote Originally Posted by Noten03 View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply!

    Probably around 300-500, if I can go cheaper with a amp that's about the same true wattage please let me know and I already have my front speakers picked out, which is Hyrbid Audio imagine serious ( I might go with the Unity serious, so i can go active, I haven't decided yet.), but I have not decided on the amp to power those yet.
    I'd look at an AQ2200 for your subs, i don't know what impedance those SA8's are, but if they wire down close to 1 ohm, this would be a good match.

    For your speakers, idk how many you have, but an NX2 or and NX4 would probably serve you well.



    Get taken down to funky town on MobileAudioForum.com.

  9. #9
    Nonten03's Avatar
    Nonten03 is offline Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    sapulpa
    Posts
    77
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Subs in a 95 Camaro Z28.

    Quote Originally Posted by HillBillyJoe View Post
    Well you don't have much room to work with in the hatch, but you might squeeze 3 8's in there. They are (camaros) loudest facing up at the rear window of the hatch. Or wall it off behind the headrests, that works too. The loudest I ever had was 2 good 12's sealed on 1500w and it was retarded loud in a camaro. Same setup in an explorer= not so much.
    I'm hoping I can manage to get all 3 in there. Do you know exactly what the dimms are for that trunk?




  10. #10
    T.I.K.'s Avatar
    T.I.K. is offline F*ck it, we'll do it live



    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Age
    21
    Posts
    4,151
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

    Re: Subs in a 95 Camaro Z28.

    Quote Originally Posted by Noten03 View Post
    I'm hoping I can manage to get all 3 in there. Do you know exactly what the dimms are for that trunk?
    If you can fit two twelves back there, you can fit 3 8's, you'll need a MAX of 1 cube per sub for a ported box, you need 1.5 - 2 cubes per sub for 12's, so you have plenty of space.



    Get taken down to funky town on MobileAudioForum.com.

  11. Thanks Nonten03 thanked for this post
  12. #11
    Nonten03's Avatar
    Nonten03 is offline Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    sapulpa
    Posts
    77
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Subs in a 95 Camaro Z28.

    Quote Originally Posted by rebelfromva View Post
    Look into 2 dcon 12s
    I was thinking about getting a set of those, but I already pre order my subs... I'm really set on trying those 8's out lol.




  13. #12
    rebelfromva's Avatar
    rebelfromva is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    3,818
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

    Re: Subs in a 95 Camaro Z28.

    I had the same box in that pic. See if you can get something similar to that built. Also the aq2200 is a nice amp. Have one myself. Thats a big wibdow. Be careful and dont blow it out lol




  14. #13
    Nonten03's Avatar
    Nonten03 is offline Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    sapulpa
    Posts
    77
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Subs in a 95 Camaro Z28.

    Quote Originally Posted by HillBillyJoe View Post
    Yes...
    I can't see the picture. I guess my school has it block.




  15. #14
    stl_314's Avatar
    stl_314 is offline Senior VIP Member



    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    mo
    Posts
    338
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

    Re: Subs in a 95 Camaro Z28.

    I am getting ready to do an 18 in my camaro in the next few days, so 3 8s should be fine lol.

    Im doing fiberglass and im able to get 7 ft3 before displacement w/o a wall and still have enough room for 2 amps and a kinectic 3800




  16. #15
    rebelfromva's Avatar
    rebelfromva is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    3,818
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

    Re: Subs in a 95 Camaro Z28.

    ^**** i wanna see pics when thats done




Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. What sub and where to put it in a 93 camaro?
    By MiniflexAlex in forum Subwoofers
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 07-04-2011, 12:38 AM
  2. Anyone ever put subs in a camaro?
    By Pro_built7 in forum Subwoofers
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 05-27-2007, 12:48 AM
  3. subs in camaro
    By jchancellortool in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-18-2004, 08:17 PM
  4. Tapping Line output convertor into rear BOSE sub wires in '95 Camaro...
    By JeremyBlackwell in forum Wiring, Electrical and Installation Help
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-10-2002, 08:33 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
1e2 Forum