Closed Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 77

Reload Thread: myths about sub sizes

  1. #31
    seedubs1's Avatar
    seedubs1 is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,477
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    45 Post(s)

    Re: myths about sub sizes

    Good to see the same threads being started that I was reading when I started 10+ years ago.

    Seriously, isn't there a sticky or a search function? I swear they haven't got rid of those hahaha



    Bought from: jaredspl, skip01, JbIrD, dman
    Sold to: blackwaterOP, mrogowski, jadon087, plugitin, blazron22z, taintedplay, sleepyjr, wheelieking71, b12nismo, hrtbrk1, Lingerfelt, Kross6622, StickyFingaz
    Stuff for sale: Nothing at the moment




  2. #32
    Dave88LX's Avatar
    Dave88LX is offline Member



    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Near Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    111
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    37 Post(s)

    Re: myths about sub sizes

    Well at least in my defense, I found this thread via search, read it, and asked my question at the end. ;o)




  3. #33
    Why So Cereal?'s Avatar
    Why So Cereal? is offline Invisible Cereal



    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Drowning in milk
    Posts
    7,403
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1555 Post(s)

    Re: myths about sub sizes

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave88LX View Post
    What a mess! I'm in the 10 vs 12 stage right now. All myths point to 10s being "cleaner and harder hitting", but I know there is so much more to it than that. I'd rather have 12's (I think), I just need to convince myself, or be convinced, that it's the way to go.
    Go with what fits...space and budget....




  4. #34
    Dave88LX's Avatar
    Dave88LX is offline Member



    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Near Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    111
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    37 Post(s)

    Re: myths about sub sizes

    I've noticed that 12's are not very much more than 10's. (Example, SSA GCON 10" = $189, 12" = 199). Space is not an issue, going behind the rear seats of a 2007 Dodge Ram Megacab...so neither are really limitations on me.




  5. #35
    seedubs1's Avatar
    seedubs1 is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,477
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    45 Post(s)

    Re: myths about sub sizes

    Just get the 12's and put them in a proper box. /thread

    No need for 10's if you can properly fit 12's.



    Bought from: jaredspl, skip01, JbIrD, dman
    Sold to: blackwaterOP, mrogowski, jadon087, plugitin, blazron22z, taintedplay, sleepyjr, wheelieking71, b12nismo, hrtbrk1, Lingerfelt, Kross6622, StickyFingaz
    Stuff for sale: Nothing at the moment

  6. #36
    FlexnInLa's Avatar
    FlexnInLa is offline Huggin Them Nuts!



    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Middle of Nowhere, Louisiana, USA
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,243
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    232 Post(s)

    Re: myths about sub sizes

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave88LX View Post
    I've noticed that 12's are not very much more than 10's. (Example, SSA GCON 10" = $189, 12" = 199). Space is not an issue, going behind the rear seats of a 2007 Dodge Ram Megacab...so neither are really limitations on me.
    Get the 12's. More cone area. /thread



    New ride... new system...

    2012 Jeep Compass Latitude

    18" Obsidian Audio Sub in a Reverse Tapered Transmission Line Box
    Box Design by Mobile Enclosures http://mobileenclosures.jimdo.com

  7. #37
    Dave88LX's Avatar
    Dave88LX is offline Member



    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Near Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    111
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    37 Post(s)

    Re: myths about sub sizes

    That was easy...thanks guys. Now to find someone to build my box.




  8. #38
    jockhater2's Avatar
    jockhater2 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Saukville, WI
    Posts
    3,015
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1273 Post(s)

    Re: myths about sub sizes

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave88LX View Post
    That was easy...thanks guys. Now to find someone to build my box.
    dbeez, or rabbit



    Head Unit Pioneer P99RS
    3 Runs of 1/0 OFC Power and 3 Runs of 1/0 OFC Ground
    1 XS Power D3400 & 2 XS Power XP3000 with Copper Bus Bars
    380 Amp & 320 Amp Iraggi Alternators(One is a chevy case, the other ford)
    RD 7500.1 running 2 12 inch SPLaudio (AA Mayhem motors/baskets)
    Tuned to 36 hertz. About 4.5 cubic feet, 8" Aeroport (made by dbeez)
    Zed Audio Leviathan III on Morel MDT-29, RS100-4 & RS225-8 Daytons
    Alex Jones www.infowars.com Endgame, Obama Deception, Truth Rising,
    Fluoride in the water, poison in vaccines, chemical trails in the skyglobal
    elite banks run our government towards a one world global government.

  9. #39
    seedubs1's Avatar
    seedubs1 is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,477
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    45 Post(s)

    Re: myths about sub sizes

    Build it yourself. Good skills to have if you're going to be in the car audio game. Honestly, I look down on people that don't design and build their own systems that say they're into car audio.

    All you need is a circular saw, a drill, and some patience.

    You're not really in the hobby if all you do is buy crap and slap it in your car.



    Bought from: jaredspl, skip01, JbIrD, dman
    Sold to: blackwaterOP, mrogowski, jadon087, plugitin, blazron22z, taintedplay, sleepyjr, wheelieking71, b12nismo, hrtbrk1, Lingerfelt, Kross6622, StickyFingaz
    Stuff for sale: Nothing at the moment

  10. Dislikes Dave88LX, JoeK disliked this post
  11. #40
    JoeK's Avatar
    JoeK is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Ringtown, PA
    Age
    20
    Posts
    1,053
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    412 Post(s)

    Re: myths about sub sizes

    Quote Originally Posted by seedubs1 View Post
    Build it yourself. Good skills to have if you're going to be in the car audio game. Honestly, I look down on people that don't design and build their own systems that say they're into car audio.

    All you need is a circular saw, a drill, and some patience.

    You're not really in the hobby if all you do is buy crap and slap it in your car.
    I disagree. First 2 times i built a box it blew to pieces. Id rather to pay for top quality. This hobby is all about $$, so why does purchasing a box make it less of a hobby?



    ** NEW VEHICLE AND BUILD ** 2003 Jeep Liberty Sport
    2x SPLAudio DAD BD 12s
    2x SK-1500.1s
    Box 5 cubes @ 29hz
    XS Power D3100 & D2400
    Tenney 270A
    4x PowerBass 3xl 6.5s
    Clarion CZ702

  12. #41
    seedubs1's Avatar
    seedubs1 is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,477
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    45 Post(s)

    Re: myths about sub sizes

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeK View Post
    I disagree. First 2 times i built a box it blew to pieces. Id rather to pay for top quality. This hobby is all about $$, so why does purchasing a box make it less of a hobby?
    This hobby is not all about money. It's about making the best system for your needs with what you have.

    And because you can't build your own system, it means you don't know **** about car audio. All you do is pay others to do it for you instead of learning.

    I don't know a single older member on these boards that knows their **** who couldn't build and design their own system. You are not a car audio guy. You are someone who pays car audio guys to build your system for you.



    Bought from: jaredspl, skip01, JbIrD, dman
    Sold to: blackwaterOP, mrogowski, jadon087, plugitin, blazron22z, taintedplay, sleepyjr, wheelieking71, b12nismo, hrtbrk1, Lingerfelt, Kross6622, StickyFingaz
    Stuff for sale: Nothing at the moment

  13. #42
    Chriszle's Avatar
    Chriszle is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    SD
    Posts
    1,718
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    373 Post(s)

    Re: myths about sub sizes

    Quote Originally Posted by seedubs1 View Post
    This hobby is not all about money. It's about making the best system for your needs with what you have.

    And because you can't build your own system, it means you don't know **** about car audio. All you do is pay others to do it for you instead of learning.
    Some people do not have the time,space, or tools needed to build their own boxes. I do not look down on those who would rather pay to get a box designed/built. At least they aren't throwing their subs in a prefab.




  14. #43
    seedubs1's Avatar
    seedubs1 is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,477
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    45 Post(s)

    Re: myths about sub sizes

    Quote Originally Posted by Chriszle View Post
    Some people do not have the time,space, or tools needed to build their own boxes. I do not look down on those who would rather pay to get a box designed/built. At least they aren't throwing their subs in a prefab.
    The cost of the tools is more than covered by the cost of having someone professionally build you a box. A craftsman circular saw/drill combo can be had for $75. And I've built in apartments. So those are null and void excuses.

    Not having the time....
    If you don't have the time for your hobby, then it's not your hobby or way of life.

    People that don't build/design their own systems are not car audio guys. They are people who buy it and throw it in their car.

    It's like me saying I'm a construction worker (I am not) because I bought a house.



    Bought from: jaredspl, skip01, JbIrD, dman
    Sold to: blackwaterOP, mrogowski, jadon087, plugitin, blazron22z, taintedplay, sleepyjr, wheelieking71, b12nismo, hrtbrk1, Lingerfelt, Kross6622, StickyFingaz
    Stuff for sale: Nothing at the moment

  15. #44
    JoeK's Avatar
    JoeK is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Ringtown, PA
    Age
    20
    Posts
    1,053
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    412 Post(s)

    Re: myths about sub sizes

    Quote Originally Posted by seedubs1 View Post
    The cost of the tools is more than covered by the cost of having someone professionally build you a box. A craftsman circular saw/drill combo can be had for $75. And I've built in apartments. So those are null and void excuses.

    Not having the time....
    If you don't have the time for your hobby, then it's not your hobby or way of life.

    People that don't build/design their own systems are not car audio guys. They are people who buy it and throw it in their car.

    It's like me saying I'm a construction worker (I am not) because I bought a house.
    Poor anology. "Being a homeowner" would be the same if you built your house or paid somebody. Doesnt make you less of a homeowner for buying your house rather than building it.



    ** NEW VEHICLE AND BUILD ** 2003 Jeep Liberty Sport
    2x SPLAudio DAD BD 12s
    2x SK-1500.1s
    Box 5 cubes @ 29hz
    XS Power D3100 & D2400
    Tenney 270A
    4x PowerBass 3xl 6.5s
    Clarion CZ702

  16. #45
    4OZGLOVES's Avatar
    4OZGLOVES is online now <--- Gina FTMFW



    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    PITT. PA
    Posts
    1,705
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    159 Post(s)

    Re: myths about sub sizes

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeK View Post
    I disagree. First 2 times i built a box it blew to pieces. Id rather to pay for top quality. This hobby is all about $$, so why does purchasing a box make it less of a hobby?
    That just means your a shitty builder who didn't do reasearch on how to build a proper enclosure. It's pretty simple buddy , titebond , screws and a couple hours.



    Refs
    FJF, tooshort_128 , BushJ311(local) , FRIEK, vactor, ls2poweredgoat(X2) , chrisw91, psycoacoustics, sundownz, 01 s10, headlesskoopa, twisted_0912(x3) ,trystanmay, coma toast, lord baccus, oldschool4me, beatkeeper, scbeerbarge, dwrecked, beatkeeper1, infamous_e46, neel, plugger, Cal, Centergod79

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Question About Subs and Amps?..
    By blaupunkt369 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-11-2002, 01:59 AM
  2. Sub Size vs. SQ!? I Cant get a straight answer!
    By RcRacerDrew in forum Subwoofers
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-30-2002, 12:44 PM
  3. ? about sub boxes... help zane
    By jester73440 in forum Subwoofers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-09-2002, 07:17 PM
  4. question about subs
    By thumpnbump in forum Subwoofers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-23-2002, 07:11 PM
  5. sub sizes
    By rampant_racoon in forum Subwoofers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-10-2002, 11:01 PM

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
1e2 Forum