Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 49

Reload Thread: SQ Sub route need some advice!!

  1. #16
    MANTI5's Avatar
    MANTI5 is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Southern AZ
    Posts
    1,375
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

    Re: SQ Sub route need some advice!!

    Shiva-X2 is amazing but no longer made, I also hear ID's are nice in the SQ dept.



    Refs: Mitch86, talon, kramer_212, kushy_dreams, ctmaudi, pro-rabbit, ikoolguy, tat2bass




  2. #17
    Bettr n' Revrse's Avatar
    Bettr n' Revrse is offline I do what I want



    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Grand Junction, CO
    Posts
    16,839
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

    Re: SQ Sub route need some advice!!

    Id imagine the TC's will be a little louder...




    Western Rep.

    99 Honda CRV: (Always Changing) ___________ 79 F-150: Show Truck ________________
    -Head Unit: Eclipse CD7100________________ -Head Unit: Eclipse CD7100
    -Sub Stage: Sundown SD-2 8's sealed________ -Sub Stage: Looking
    -Mids/Highs: Deciding_____________________ -Mids/Highs: Scan Speak & Blaupunkt
    -Sub Amp: MMATS Hifi 6 channel____________ -Sub Amp: American Warrior Set (Zed Built)
    -Mid Amp: ^^^ 5/6 bridged at 1 ohm_________ -Mid Amp: ^^^

  3. #18
    oldschool4me's Avatar
    oldschool4me is offline Premium Member oldschool4me is a Supporting Member of the forum!



    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    ep, ohio
    Posts
    4,806
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    5
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

    Re: SQ Sub route need some advice!!

    ID are good sq and so are a good bit of older subs if you can come across them mint or nib.



    REF's: Revrider1, Kevinn, darkhunter139, 2002XLT,
    lax916, bad @ss chevy, dropped_mazda, integra88, CRXBMPN, 88irocZ, the franchise, SlainNothing, pootie, khmer rouge, NewAgeKing, thegreatestpenn, oneill584, headless, scoob8000, Blados,ProjectPechkin, Krackerjack, CrownVicon24's, Louisiana_CRX, go_go_thrash, IonSQL, PBateman, ericoutdoorguy, Flomaster, B-roc, RetroAudioinc, ampjunkielikeme, bur1196, integra2468, illbmeubu, j3bus2k3, wgsj_fortvalley, l7runner, Fast1one, +many more
    Ref thread:
    http://caraudio.com/forum/buyer-seller-feedback/286493-oldschool4me-feedback-thread.html
    R.I.P Taylor Lampart (NewAgeKing) 5/13/1988 - 1/24/2010

  4. #19
    etm34's Avatar
    etm34 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    534
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: SQ Sub route need some advice!!

    What's a good amp to push those Dayton ho's at 2 ohm. I would say like around 1500rms at two ohms out of the amp would be perfect.

    ---------- Post added at 12:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 AM ----------

    And I mean a pretty good quality amp for less than 300 not crap though.




  5. #20
    Why So Cereal?'s Avatar
    Why So Cereal? is offline Invisible Cereal



    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Drowning in milk
    Posts
    7,403
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

    Re: SQ Sub route need some advice!!

    Used kicker zx1500 or old school Memphis ST1500.

    iirc, @GVP has Boston GT28 thatll do an underrated 1200 @2 ohms to them bridged.

    These are all the amps I am considering upgrading to from my current zx750 pushing my Daytons.




  6. #21
    etm34's Avatar
    etm34 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    534
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: SQ Sub route need some advice!!

    Quote Originally Posted by etm34 View Post
    What's a good amp to push those Dayton ho's at 2 ohm. I would say like around 1500rms at two ohms out of the amp would be perfect.

    ---------- Post added at 12:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 AM ----------

    And I mean a pretty good quality amp for less than 300 not crap though.

    Quote Originally Posted by princ3cmo View Post
    Used kicker zx1500 or old school Memphis ST1500.

    iirc, @GVP has Boston GT28 thatll do an underrated 1200 @2 ohms to them bridged.

    These are all the amps I am considering upgrading to from my current zx750 pushing my Daytons.
    any other advice ppl?




  7. #22
    T3mpest's Avatar
    T3mpest is online now CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    2,985
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

    Re: SQ Sub route need some advice!!

    Honest advice? Keep what you have.. Nothing you mentioned is really going to be much of a change.. The daytons have pretty similar t/s to the subs you already own. They won't sound much different the DCON's do very well sealed for SQ in a car do to their frequency response in smaller sized sealed enclosures.. What don't you like about the sound of your DCON's.. Until you figure that out everyone on here is just throwing out brands at a whim.. No real advice can be given without knowing what you don't like about your curent response. In my experience aboutu 40% of sound quality in a car is getting the correct frequency response.. Another 40% is getting rid of all the rattles and distortion they cause. The 15% is setting up proper phase and time alignment and making sure the mids can properly integrate.The last 5% is more about the distortion characteristics of the subwoofer itself, and they really aren't that noticeable until you get the first 95% in place. Nice thing about that is 40% nothing do to with what sub you run. The other 40% can be done with a variety of subs, but some are easier to fit the correct box in a car than others. 15% is about tuning properly.. The last 5% is more about the distortion characteristics of the subwoofer itself, and they really aren't that noticeable until you get the first 95% in place.



    Quote Originally Posted by sdmtnbiker420 View Post
    JL is for ballers. Theres a reason all the biggest rappers sing about JL, Zapco, Alpine..... and not Lightning audio or Pyle. It's all about the BALLER FACTOR.


  8. #23
    etm34's Avatar
    etm34 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    534
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: SQ Sub route need some advice!!

    Well I want to put it in a sealed box but I'm fearing I will lose the same response I get from it now with the ported box, with punch, but I don't really mind losing some. That's why I was looking at just getting two 10's instead since 2 12's would seem like a little much. I also just feel like the dcon doesn't give that crisp bass besides a couple of frequencies. I'm still trying to learn everything so teach me what I need to know because I'm willing to learn everything.




  9. #24
    Why So Cereal?'s Avatar
    Why So Cereal? is offline Invisible Cereal



    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Drowning in milk
    Posts
    7,403
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

    Re: SQ Sub route need some advice!!

    Quote Originally Posted by etm34 View Post
    Well I want to put it in a sealed box but I'm fearing I will lose the same response I get from it now with the ported box, with punch, but I don't really mind losing some. That's why I was looking at just getting two 10's instead since 2 12's would seem like a little much. I also just feel like the dcon doesn't give that crisp bass besides a couple of frequencies. I'm still trying to learn everything so teach me what I need to know because I'm willing to learn everything.
    now when u say the bass is not crisp...what do u mean? does it sound kind of muddy? What frequency is the sub lowpassed?




  10. #25
    Bass911's Avatar
    Bass911 is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Dallas,TX
    Posts
    1,051
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: SQ Sub route need some advice!!

    Image Dynamics IDQ are the best sq sub I've heard in a Escalade. They were ported, but hit every note like a sealed box. I guess the idq, w6, fi q, and are out of your price range? Subs below are in your price range, but some will say not for sq. I like everything below better than the dayton and oz.

    Ssa Dcon
    Re se-x 10
    Sundown E
    Skar ivx
    Boston g3
    Mtx 7500
    Pioneer ts-2502
    Orion xtrpro




  11. #26
    etm34's Avatar
    etm34 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    534
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: SQ Sub route need some advice!!

    Quote Originally Posted by princ3cmo View Post
    now when u say the bass is not crisp...what do u mean? does it sound kind of muddy? What frequency is the sub lowpassed?
    i mean its crisp, but not when you get to the lower frequencies, it blends a little sometimes. i dont have my lowpass set up for the new focal amp i got, because it doesnt have a good lowpass setting on it, i used to have it set on 25/28ish.




  12. #27
    Why So Cereal?'s Avatar
    Why So Cereal? is offline Invisible Cereal



    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Drowning in milk
    Posts
    7,403
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

    Re: SQ Sub route need some advice!!

    Quote Originally Posted by etm34 View Post
    i mean its crisp, but not when you get to the lower frequencies, it blends a little sometimes. i dont have my lowpass set up for the new focal amp i got, because it doesnt have a good lowpass setting on it, i used to have it set on 25/28ish.
    The Low pass I'm referring to dictates how high your sub is allowed to play, should be on your sub amp or HU. I'm sure you didnt low pass your sub at 28hz. If you did, you'd have virtually no bass.




  13. #28
    wenn_du_weinst's Avatar
    wenn_du_weinst is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    *******
    Posts
    4,633
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

    Re: SQ Sub route need some advice!!

    Quote Originally Posted by T3mpest View Post
    Honest advice? Keep what you have.. Nothing you mentioned is really going to be much of a change.. The daytons have pretty similar t/s to the subs you already own. They won't sound much different the DCON's do very well sealed for SQ in a car do to their frequency response in smaller sized sealed enclosures.. What don't you like about the sound of your DCON's.. Until you figure that out everyone on here is just throwing out brands at a whim.. No real advice can be given without knowing what you don't like about your curent response. In my experience aboutu 40% of sound quality in a car is getting the correct frequency response.. Another 40% is getting rid of all the rattles and distortion they cause. The 15% is setting up proper phase and time alignment and making sure the mids can properly integrate.The last 5% is more about the distortion characteristics of the subwoofer itself, and they really aren't that noticeable until you get the first 95% in place. Nice thing about that is 40% nothing do to with what sub you run. The other 40% can be done with a variety of subs, but some are easier to fit the correct box in a car than others. 15% is about tuning properly.. The last 5% is more about the distortion characteristics of the subwoofer itself, and they really aren't that noticeable until you get the first 95% in place.
    face palm, the ho's sound completely different t/s tell you nothing about actual tonality.



    I am protesting Skar by giving them added exposure in my signature.

  14. #29
    etm34's Avatar
    etm34 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    534
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: SQ Sub route need some advice!!

    Quote Originally Posted by princ3cmo View Post
    The Low pass I'm referring to dictates how high your sub is allowed to play, should be on your sub amp or HU. I'm sure you didnt low pass your sub at 28hz. If you did, you'd have virtually no bass.
    o gotcha i was thinking about the sub sonic settings, i had the low pass at 55 or 60.




  15. #30
    T3mpest's Avatar
    T3mpest is online now CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    2,985
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

    Re: SQ Sub route need some advice!!

    Finality is. Byproduct of frequency response... T/S parameters dictate frequency response given a specific box. Speaking of a subs finality... Turn off your mids and highs and listen only to your sub... Subs dont have much of a tonal signature. The notes they play don't have enough overall content... Midbass is where a lot of your tonality in bass comes from.. like I said go listen to your sub by itself. Anyway the dcons work well sealed they'd be one of ky first as choices especially the 12s sealed. Just the right q to work well in a car.. sealing them with likely take away some of the 40hz boom it seems like your hearing and let them sound a lot more natural... What is your current net volume and tuning



    Quote Originally Posted by sdmtnbiker420 View Post
    JL is for ballers. Theres a reason all the biggest rappers sing about JL, Zapco, Alpine..... and not Lightning audio or Pyle. It's all about the BALLER FACTOR.


Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. need some advice of sub size.............
    By lasmujercitas in forum Subwoofers
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-09-2008, 10:05 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-02-2007, 11:58 PM
  3. I need some advice choosing my subs.
    By SQfreak06 in forum Amplifiers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-10-2006, 10:59 AM
  4. I need some advice on selecting subs
    By USAF_live in forum Subwoofers
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-12-2005, 10:31 PM
  5. Buying XXX Subs, need some advice
    By radel2dope in forum Subwoofers
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-19-2004, 08:47 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
1e2 Forum