Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Reload Thread: can 1 HCCA 15.2 be Louder than 2 17 15's

adjetta is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

can 1 HCCA 15.2 be Louder than 2 17 15's

2 2011 L7 15 dual 4s @ 1 ohm on a in a 8.6 cube box tht nets about 3.8 cubes per sub after divider @ 34 hz

vs.

1 Orion HCCA 15.2 @ 1 ohm on a Hifonics BRZ2400.1d(2400 @ 1 ohm) in a 5 cube box @ 32 hz

I had a pretty nice box and a solid install on my l7's but I'm about to trade my subs for an hcca. It has been a wet dream of mine to run 2 hcca's for the last 2 years. I know this is very install dependent, but I am just wondering if My Hcca would even be able to compare in the air movement department, 4 inches of travel will likely make up a little for all of the cone area I am losing but will it sound anything close to the same. I am looking for deep hard hitting thunder, not that brimmy wuzzing kicker **** does, see i'm aleady biased...My L7s sounded really nice, not sure what they metered, I'de say low 150s, will My hcca be able to shine, or will i likely be disappointed

2. Dislikes NoLoud4U disliked this post

IonRL205 is offline DJ h4z4rdes IonRL205 is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Re: can 1 HCCA 15.2 be Louder than 2 17 15's

I can guarantee you are not hitting a low 150 with those L7s, or even a 150 to begin with. Maybe a mid to high 140.

The 2 L7 15s will probably be louder running the same power. You have over twice the cone area compared to the HCCA

Headunit - Pioneer DEH-P8300UB
    Subs - None
    Sub Amp - 2x Crescendo 3kwp
    Front Stage - Polk Audio db651 Coaxial
    Front Amp - None

Quote Originally Posted by zako View Post
    Most properly done 15 inch subwoofers are not suited for car audio use simply due to box size requirements.

4. Likes NoLoud4U liked this post
    pro-rabbit is offline Moderator pro-rabbit is a Supporting Member of the forum!

pro-rabbit is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    374 Post(s)

No one can actually say what will be louder with out building/testing to find the results.

I can say the L7s are in a small enclosure and the HCCA would be in an optimum enclosure. Not always the difference though. There are many variables to consider..

manyhobbies is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Excursion does play a big factor, however if the L7's are the square subs "idk" then you may be loosing cone area, but the orion hcca sub does have 149" of cone area which is more, compared to a standard 15. A good high excursion sub like an orion will yeild simular results as to 2 standard entry level 15's. Where you actually tune will play a factor in this, but same tuning I beleive the orion will work inplace of 2 standard 15's and those orions love low hz, but do like power aswell. So as mentioned previously the 2 you have may be louder due to lower power.

adjetta is offline Senior VIP Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

if it helps its going into a trunk with fold downs, and its a small car, low I had that 8.6 cubes kicked into the trunk of a 98 jetta, anything i run is crazy do to how much pressure builds in my car, but will the orion hit deep bass compared to the l7s, i want to suffocate if you know what I mean

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manyhobbies View Post
    Excursion does play a big factor, however if the L7's are the square subs "idk" then you may be loosing cone area, but the orion hcca sub does have 149" of cone area which is more, compared to a standard 15. A good high excursion sub like an orion will yeild simular results as to 2 standard entry level 15's. Where you actually tune will play a factor in this, but same tuning I beleive the orion will work inplace of 2 standard 15's and those orions love low hz, but do like power aswell. So as mentioned previously the 2 you have may be louder due to lower power.
    Umm a single 15 is 176 square inches of cone area. Please know your info before you attempt to post...plus an L7 is a square and would have more cone area, ~225 square inches

And the L7s aren't exactly kickers entry level subs, they are the 2nd highest line next to the Solo x

Subs - None
    Front Amp - None

Most properly done 15 inch subwoofers are not suited for car audio use simply due to box size requirements.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    374 Post(s)

Refer to my earlier post. No one on this earth can tell you with 100% certainty what will be 'louder".

Phoenix Risen is offline OG.... Original Ginger

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

it sounds like most of your gauges of how loud things are are very subjective, which means that we cant really tell you which will be louder in your terms. only thing you can really do is try it.

R.I.P. 2008 Hyundai Tiburon GS
    2005 Subaru Baja turbo, build in planing stages.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    374 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Risen View Post
    it sounds like most of your gauges of how loud things are are very subjective, which means that we cant really tell you which will be louder in your terms. only thing you can really do is try it.
    Even if it was based on the meter we still could not.

We can say what we "think" will be better or "louder" but that is it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

At least I got a new quote for my sig out of this topic

Funny how both of them have to do with 15" subs o_O

Subs - None
    Front Amp - None

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by IonRL205 View Post

well played. and that is pretty comical.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Seriously????? You my freind need to learn how to read a post fully. I did say if his L7's were square that he would prolly loose cone area, and I did not call his L7's entry level, even though I have no idea what an L7 is because I do not care for kicker and never have, I'm a round sub guy because I think the squares look stupid no matter who makes them. I would not be scared to put a big 15 up against 2 entry level 15's for 30hz burps any day.
    Since you know more than I do about subwoofers, tell me then what is the sd of an orion hcca 152 because according to you my 15's are huge lol. Quote me anytime man because your cool like that. Btw, I was merly stating my opinion, Pro Rabbit had the smarter answere.
    Russ
    Quote Originally Posted by IonRL205 View Post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Come to one of our comps in lima ohio, sit in my truck to see something comical lol. Russ
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Risen View Post
    well played. and that is pretty comical.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Come to one of our comps in lima ohio, sit in my truck to see something comical lol. Russ
    i may have to do that, shoot me a pm with more details.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Seriously????? You my freind need to learn how to read a post fully. I did say if his L7's were square that he would prolly loose cone area, and I did not call his L7's entry level, even though I have no idea what an L7 is because I do not care for kicker and never have, I'm a round sub guy because I think the squares look stupid no matter who makes them. I would not be scared to put a big 15 up against 2 entry level 15's for 30hz burps any day.
    Since you know more than I do about subwoofers, tell me then what is the sd of an orion hcca 152 because according to you my 15's are huge lol. Quote me anytime man because your cool like that. Btw, I was merly stating my opinion, Pro Rabbit had the smarter answere.
    Russ
    I did read your post, but before I get to that, I'll address this one first.

If it's a 15" diameter woofer, just do the **** math yourself. The formula for surface area of a circle is Pi * r. How about we plug in some numbers? 3.14 * 7.5. 7.5= 56.25. Now take 56.25 and multiply it by 3.14. You get 176.6 which equals the surface area of a 15" subwoofer. Use a calculator if you don't believe me. Anyway, before you said

Excursion does play a big factor, however if the L7's are the square subs "idk" then you may be loosing cone area, but the orion hcca sub does have 149" of cone area which is more, compared to a standard 15.
    Which is completely wrong. A standard 15" subwoofer has 176 square inches of cone area. I don't know where the hell you got the idea of a 15" sub having 149 sq inches of cone area, and then even saying that is bigger than a regular 15" sub.

You also said

A good high excursion sub like an orion will yeild simular results as to 2 standard entry level 15's.
    Implying that the Kicker L7s are entry level subs. Also this statement is completely dependent on many factors, install, box, tuning, power...etc

As your stupidity continues

Where you actually tune will play a factor in this, but same tuning I beleive the orion will work inplace of 2 standard 15's and those orions love low hz, but do like power aswell. So as mentioned previously the 2 you have may be louder due to lower power.
    This makes no sense whatsoever. How low your sub will play has nothing to do with how much power you are running to it. My sub could play 26 hz whether I had 1500 watts or 500 watts going to it. And the last part makes no sense either. The L7s will be louder due to running less power? Please elaborate on this.

I think it is you that needs to do some reading, cause apparently, you have no idea what you are talking about.

Subs - None
    Front Amp - None

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast