Closed Thread

Reload Thread: new system in the works, need advice

the fat kid is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Icon6 new system in the works, need advice

may i first off say that i hate that guy that does what im doing but well i really dont wanna buy another setup after this one unless its because of component failure....

that being said, i have 4 diamond d1 10s now, downfire sealed with 1000 watts pushing them. it sounds fine and all but i know after hearing a few other systems that i want ported now. i heard two w7 8's ported that hit all the notes i wanted out of mine just not quite enough output if im going to spend money again so, im stuck now.

i will have between 4000-5000 rms available for subs, i will have 6 cubes that i can squeeze in there but 5 would be better if i can, but im ok with doing six if the performance dictates that i do it. the problem is that i dont know if more is better or just do more massive subs. the fi q 10 only requires 1.2 cuft. ported which means i can comfortably do 4 of those and feed them the 4500 or so watts they need but is that better than say a pair of DD 9512g's?

i really dont know enough about audio to know which way to jump here.(im still reading up on it btw)

any help is appreciated, thanks.

whysoloud is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: new system in the works, need advice

It all really depends on what you are using them for and the structure and wattage going to them. Size of the subs can mean nothing or it can mean everything. I personally would like the DD 9512g's for all DD subs are amazing in my eyes, but, if you were just looking for a loud a** daily driver system, id defiantly go with 4-6 Diamond d1's. On that wattage and in the right box, it would sound incredible. Like I said, what sub would fit your system better depends on what your system is used for. Daily/spl/sq/ overall loudness.

GVP
    GVP is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

You could use one 15" rd superheavyweight and put all that power on it..I happen to have one for sale..

mylows10 is offline Cali DC PHD & Tantric rep

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    463 Post(s)

really depends on what you want from your bass .do you want really low bass? or nice tight sq bass?or maybe even a little of both?as far as power your running ,the dd's will do nicely ,but so would aa mayhems ,nightshades , the rd's ,wardens .i could go on and on .

pioneer avhx 5500 dvd, gzpa 1.4000 x 2
    ab vfl 350.4 ,7 pc 2150 and a 150 ah power ware agm ,275 amp singer alt , 2nd one coming soon
    cdt 6.5 es 6 im mids,cdt es 010 tweets,es 02 mids ,mx1000 3 way x overs , sky high and stinger hpm o gauge wires ,also 2 tantric hdd 15's in a 9.5. ^3 ported no wall box 11.5 octo port.
    NOR CAL DB DRAG JUDGE
    http://www.dcsoundlab.com

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Basically a beast daily driver setup I would tune it to 32-33hz so I do want pretty loud lows but also listen to rock and country music, so response needs to be there as well. I'm thinkin the 4 fi q 10s will be my best bet here.

Phoenix Risen is offline OG.... Original Ginger

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

the 10s would be nice but but personally i would go with the pair of 12's, the nightshades would be my choice, but i do like my sundown.

you could always look into getting a pair of custom monsters built as well. which is always cooler than running off the shelf subs.

R.I.P. 2008 Hyundai Tiburon GS
    2005 Subaru Baja turbo, build in planing stages.

kramer_212 is offline Music-Expression

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

are you using stock alt, and stock battery?

IonRL205 is offline DJ h4z4rdes IonRL205 is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

If you plan on running 4k to 5k watts, you'd better be ready to put some $$$ into your electrical, as in a HO alternator and a few batteries and runs of 0 gauge wire.

Headunit - Pioneer DEH-P8300UB
    Subs - None
    Sub Amp - 2x Crescendo 3kwp
    Front Stage - Polk Audio db651 Coaxial
    Front Amp - None

Quote Originally Posted by zako View Post
    Most properly done 15 inch subwoofers are not suited for car audio use simply due to box size requirements.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i was planning on running two slave batteries, the problem with my truck is that my can-bus system wont allow a ho alternator to be effective, so batteries are really the only way, i FIGURE i should be fine with the big 3 upgraded and two extra batteries but i am indeed no expert so we shall see. also buying a spool of 0 ga. from the flea market for 30 bucks so i should be good to go.

that was a joke.

ill be buying a spool of 0ga though so i can do a big 3 and feed my amps properly.

thanks fellers.

this is what im stuffing it all in....

IonRL205 is offline DJ h4z4rdes IonRL205 is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Nice truck, but you'll definitely want a HO alternator for 4000 to 5000 watts. A couple batteries isn't going to cut it. You could probably pull off 3k though.

Headunit - Pioneer DEH-P8300UB
    Subs - None
    Sub Amp - 2x Crescendo 3kwp
    Front Stage - Polk Audio db651 Coaxial
    Front Amp - None

Quote Originally Posted by zako View Post
    Most properly done 15 inch subwoofers are not suited for car audio use simply due to box size requirements.

Phoenix Risen is offline OG.... Original Ginger

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

your not going to get away with 4k and stock alt, especially if you want to play it daily.

there is most likely a bypass for that system if you look hard enough. one of the alt companies may already know what that would be and can help you with it there.

you could also look into doing a second alt and just make it a big case 1 wire and run your amps and batts off that...

R.I.P. 2008 Hyundai Tiburon GS
    2005 Subaru Baja turbo, build in planing stages.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i have considered running a ho alt. and just making a seperate electrial system for the audio part. idk if there are any drawbacks to that but thats probably the easiest way.

btw, didnt really get a defenitive answer, maybe there isint one, but would yall say that for a very loud street beater that the 4 10s would be the better route than say two 15s? lets say if it were fi q 10s vs two fi btl 15s

mylows10 is offline Cali DC PHD & Tantric rep

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    463 Post(s)

my daily street beater is 2 mayhem 12's and a dc 12k and they slam HARD!!! you can beat on these woofers all day and they still want more.

pioneer avhx 5500 dvd, gzpa 1.4000 x 2
    ab vfl 350.4 ,7 pc 2150 and a 150 ah power ware agm ,275 amp singer alt , 2nd one coming soon
    cdt 6.5 es 6 im mids,cdt es 010 tweets,es 02 mids ,mx1000 3 way x overs , sky high and stinger hpm o gauge wires ,also 2 tantric hdd 15's in a 9.5. ^3 ported no wall box 11.5 octo port.
    NOR CAL DB DRAG JUDGE
    http://www.dcsoundlab.com

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

what kind of numbers are you getting with yours? i know its not super loud but i hit 139.7 on a term lab playing some dubstep tunes. id like it to be a fair bit louder than that.

wickedwitt is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by IonRL205 View Post
    Nice truck, but you'll definitely want a HO alternator for 4000 to 5000 watts. A couple batteries isn't going to cut it. You could probably pull off 3k though.
    No. I was smoking batteries often doing 3k without an HO alt.

Stupid Loud.

Closed Thread