Closed Thread

Reload Thread: 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 Install, HELP!!

Logik287 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Icon32 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 Install, HELP!!

Hey everyone, my first post on the site. I'm putting a subwoofer into my 2004 dodge ram 1500 quad cab, and I'm having a hard time putting together whats gonna work/sound good.

Currently running a Kenwood head unit with Alpine type-s speakers in front and rear. Time to add a subwoofer to the setup.

My original plan was to use a ALPINE SWR-1042D 10" with a Alpine MRP-M500 amp. Into a prebuilt enclosure from ebay, pushin 500 Watts RMS i think it would be plenty for what i want. I only want 1 subwoofer as i need a little storage space under the other seat. Im having a few worries:

1. Will the box sound good at all, heard mixed reviews on those boxes (the airspace meets reqs for the sub)

2. Will i even be able to fit the subwoofer into the box? Mounting depth in the box claims 7' and my sub is 5 7/8' but i'm a little skeptical

Has anyone done a similar setup in a dodge ram? Or have any reccomendations for other possible setups? I could really use some outside input on the situation. Thanks!

Robert 2001 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 Install, HELP!!

U could prob get a 10 or 12 to fit I would stay away from the prefabs alot of them use 1/2 or 5/8 mdf wyh

2001 dodge ram ext cab
    Kenwood kdc series hu
    Infinity 6x9s and 6s
    2 Kicker L7 12s
    US Amps Xterminater XTD 2000d

Robert 2001 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 Install, HELP!!

Use 3/4 mdf or birch plywood using 1x1 for corner bracing some of the guys on here are good with box design they may have ideas for a box that would fit what kind of dimensions do you have to work with under the seats

2001 dodge ram ext cab
    Kenwood kdc series hu
    Infinity 6x9s and 6s
    2 Kicker L7 12s
    US Amps Xterminater XTD 2000d

Closed Thread