Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Reload Thread: 2 12" beginner setup?

Why So Cereal? is offline Invisible Cereal

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Re: 2 12" beginner setup?

Quote Originally Posted by i2ain2thunder View Post
    I think the focus in in the wrong place here. If the budget is 1k I would say you could make a really nice 1k-1.5k system. This will actually probally get louder and tighter than a 2k system because his vehicle won't handle 2k easily without an upgraded alternator. I would say first before you get all that speakers/subs/amps spend time planning electrical and dampening for a 1.5k system. Buy sound deadner at least, and if you want some MLV tiles or CCF. Spend hours deadening spot speakers are going, dampen trunk/reardeck/doors/sidewalls and cover holes well. Next layer MLV or CCF on top for more insulation/road noise reduction. Then lets get the electrical going, get 1/0 do the big 3 first Approx 5-7ft. Then get 1/0 and a nice second battery for the trunk. Run the 2 batteries together in parallel approx 30-40ft. Now that you've got your electrical and dampening needs fulfilled come back with a budget for patch cords/amps/head unit/speakers/subs.
    perfect approach!

2. Thanks i2ain2thunder thanked for this post

bassin'96 is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

K well guys i had him read this and he got some nice little sa-12's ordered and a 1.5k amp and some CDT coaxs and a pioneer headunit. we went to bestbuy for the head unit and coaxs and put on bass blockers and they sound great for $75 a pair and he can't wait for the subs to get here. Thank you to everyone with this. Especially the people who showed him the light about the electrical dealio. He just wouldn't believe me on that 2k thinger. i'm thinking they'll be neat.

mylows10 is online now Dc,tantric,singer,phd rep mylows10 is a Supporting Member of the forum!

mylows10 is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    482 Post(s)

cool glad he got it done.i got a dc 2.0and 2 level 4 12's coming next week they may go up for sale ,but we'll see

pioneer avhx 5500 dvd, gzpa 1.4000 x 2
    ab vfl 350.4 ,7 pc 2150 and a 150 ah power ware agm ,275 amp singer alt , 2nd one coming soon
    cdt 6.5 es 6 im mids,cdt es 010 tweets,es 02 mids ,mx1000 3 way x overs , sky high and stinger hpm o gauge wires ,also 2 tantric hdd 15's in a 9.5. ^3 ported no wall box 11.5 octo port.
    NOR CAL DB DRAG JUDGE
    http://www.dcsoundlab.com

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3