Closed Thread

Reload Thread: DD Audio or Orion HCCA

Supersonik_1 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

DD Audio or Orion HCCA

Hi Everyone,
    I'm having trouble deciding on a sub config. I was thinking of going for both SQ and SPL. I am having trouble deciding on two DD Audio 3512's or two Orion HCCA 124's. I've been told that both are excellent subs. They are about the same cost. I have about 8 cu.ft. so space isn't a worry and I have 2 db drive pd2000.1 amps so power isn't a concern either. Do any of you have any experience or knowledge of these subs and which ones perform better for both types of comps? I chose the Orion's because I've been a long time admirer of them. I chose the DD audio because I've heard about them possibly being better all around sub and my buddy keeps emailing me pix of his trophies that he keeps winning with them.

mylows10 is offline Cali DC PHD & Tantric rep

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    464 Post(s)

Re: DD Audio or Orion HCCA

ive had both,the dd subs are pricey and they do very good in competition,but in that big of a box you may not like the outcome,the orions ,i felt just could not take the power,meaning not much over rated.i would look at other subs like dc ,sundown , ascendant,ssa ,ia .i think you will get better results from any of these at a cheaper price too

pioneer avhx 5500 dvd, gzpa 1.4000 x 2
    ab vfl 350.4 ,7 pc 2150 and a 150 ah power ware agm ,275 amp singer alt , 2nd one coming soon
    cdt 6.5 es 6 im mids,cdt es 010 tweets,es 02 mids ,mx1000 3 way x overs , sky high and stinger hpm o gauge wires ,also 2 tantric hdd 15's in a 9.5. ^3 ported no wall box 11.5 octo port.
    NOR CAL DB DRAG JUDGE
    http://www.dcsoundlab.com

Bettr n' Revrse is offline I do what I want

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

DD's for daily IMO... But with that much space you can probably get some 15's in there...

Western Rep.

99 Honda CRV: (Always Changing) ___________ 79 F-150: Show Truck ________________
    -Head Unit: Eclipse CD7100________________ -Head Unit: Eclipse CD7100
    -Sub Stage: Sundown SD-2 8's sealed________ -Sub Stage: Looking
    -Mids/Highs: Deciding_____________________ -Mids/Highs: Scan Speak & Blaupunkt
    -Sub Amp: MMATS Hifi 6 channel____________ -Sub Amp: American Warrior Set (Zed Built)
    -Mid Amp: ^^^ 5/6 bridged at 1 ohm_________ -Mid Amp: ^^^

Matt A is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ive seen them both in competition and daily installs.... Hccas have the absolute best recone system ive ever seen.... dds will be better overall tho... both will handle the power just fine as long as you monitor clipping and voltage... and I have seen 6 hccas bassrace 159.5 on 24k so they can handle the power but they stink sometimes

2005 GMC Envoy
    4 12 Audioque HDC3s (6 cubes tuned to 35 Hz)
    2 Audioque 3500D.1s
    Rockford p1 4x6's in the dash
    Rockford p1 tweeters in the columns
    Rockford p1 components in the front doors
    Rockford p1 3 way coaxials in the rear doors
    Rockford p400.4
    Kenwood DDX 5514
    1 Ohio Generator 250 Amp Alternator, 8 runs of 0 gauge, and 2 XS Power D3100s

Closed Thread