RIP Maynard "My heart"
1996 Ford Explorer 4 door XLT
HU - Pioneer 80prs "active"
Front Stage - 4 - Skar pax65- 4 Seas Prestige's
Front Stage amp - Twisted Sounds 150.4
Subwoofer - 1 - "SPLAUDIO" 15" - 1 TC Sounds 5200 15"
Subwoofer Amp - 2 FSD 2600's strapped @ 2ohm
Box - 5cf tuned @ 33.8hz
Wiring/Electrical - Sky High Audio, 450AH of Battery, JS Alternator 240amp
Well -- the box with some of the re-cone parts arrived but the subs got separated. SO here are some photos @ the shop of some of the parts
* Progression of the baskets... to the left the original 12-spoke, then the 8-leg, and now the fully tooled Sundown frame!
* Wider new spider on the left and older spider on the right (we have round lead spiders in stock for re-cones)
* 10mm wider with an entire extra roll on the outside.
* Doubled up / large round lead wires.
* First step -- bottom spider with no leads.
* Second step -- spacer ring in place and center glue joint support ring (there is another behind the rear spider as well)
* Then the top spider on top of the spacer ring -- there will be a steel bolt-on ring on top of all of this in production.
* Logo in the basket base inside, under the spiders
* Visible external logo
* New gasket vs. old gasket -- hard to tell but the new one is slightly bigger so we had to tool it anyway so we put the logo in it too.
2009 Hyundai Elantra - Budget Sound in Progress
HU- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X994
Fronts- Crescendo MP6 mids, Vifa Ring Radiator tweets on Arc KS300.4
Subs- Single SA-10 on Mmats 2000.1 @ 1ohm
Misc- 1/0 CCA from AT, Big 3 in Stinger HPM, and AT 60 mil deadener
Bought from: Inferno333, select127, treesive, Kangaroux, DonH
Sold to: coolest user, Psychodrama, MidgetClown, mr.tigger, av83
Looks sick! Hey, seeing as we are on topic over here, can you at least give an estimate of mounting depth on these? Thanks!
Based on the drawings it should be:
Frame - 80mm depth
Spacer - 10mm depth
Motor - 75mm depth
Gained about 1" total
I'd prefer to measure it all in person before making an official depth statement just to make sure.
It looks like I have been out of touch to long Jacob. These make me want to get back into car audio
hmm I actually like these and I don't like the current sa8's
maybe I need to grab 4 or so
I am protesting Skar by giving them added exposure in my signature.
I am super excited... just unboxed the first one and took pictures as fast as I could... will have a free-air video up soon... more testing ASAP :
* Newest @ left to the oldest @ right.
I haven't been this excited since I got my first amp prototypes in 2006...
SA-8 v.2 (Final v.2) Free-Air Testing ! - YouTube
For reference it was CRANKED -- I'm not sure what it would take to get that kind of throw in a box but it would be ALOT of power. At levels that the original SA-8 would be making bad mechanical noise this one is dead silent -- I was excited so I pushed it as far as I could right away in the video *laughs*
bro thats sick!
Wow I'm def preordering one!
Refs- DiabolicBass, nismos14,IonSQL,massiveaudiocw,sxpimpin,sundownz,8 7gr, nissan,Louie68,Tips,Trell,integra88,Ellsworthz,bas ebalz13,lil98cabrio,woofercooker,pro-rabbit,Louisiana_CRX,MANTI5,eL_wEEnIe,bubbagumper6 ,jco1385,95saturn,ace_800,micah_jones,assassin1840 ,beat-down69,RAM_Designs,whitedragon551,KTMrida4life