Closed Thread
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Reload Thread: What do you know about a 100% DD setup?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    42 Post(s)

Re: What do you know about a 100% DD setup?

Quote Originally Posted by hispls View Post
    Can't we just get back to raining on OP's "I love DD" parade? I'm still waiting to hear where DD puts all their extra heatsinks and what precisely their amps do that every other Korean mid-fi doesn't? Also waiting to find out when they invented the large motor (can't be eary 90's since in 96, CV stroker and RF Power were the first scratching at the 160 mark and as I recall both were really way bigger than anything else at the time).
    I'm with you on that. I think it's like the inevitable buyers' pride which causes varying degrees of elitist defense of the big tickets paid. Kinda like W7 owners. Sure, it's an awesome, awesome sub, but is it nearly $1K awesome?

Simple SQ System:

Head Unit: Alpine CDA-117
    Active Crossover: Cache' CEX
    Front Stage Amp: Boston Acoustics GTA-704
    Components: Polk Audio DB 6501
    Sub Amp: Boston Acoustics GTA-1000m
    Sub: JBL P1224, 2.5 ft^3 @ 25 hz enclosure
    Rear Fill: Sony Xplod 5.25s on HU power lolz

wickedwitt is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1015 Post(s)

Can't we all just get along? Besides, I've been away from the computer too long to get my .02 in to anything from page 13. Holic, nuke page 13 and let's pick up where we left off (I'm kidding).

Nice setup, albeit not my first choice in brands. I think you and the general forum populous' idea of a '100% DD setup' differs from each other. If I said (which I will when it's done) I had a 100% Kicker install; I would be referring to the speakers (all), amps, rcas, wire, fuses, and connectors. The deadener, batteries, alternators and head unit will of course be of another brand.

Stupid Loud.

audioholic is offline Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    320 Post(s)

[QUOTE=Danometal;7787512]
    Quote Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
    Not sure why you want to keep debating this, when Ive already quoted where you were discussing fuse ratings. Here, I'll quote it again...
    QUOTE]

Wow. Really? I'll provide anecdotal emphasis on my own statement:

///So, 2 ohms (further from a dead short than any lower impedance) is obviously further from being a (dead short, thus giant fuse (my chosen hyperbole), much like a dead amp is like a giant paperweight) than 1 ohm (closer to a dead short than any higher impedance), no matter the topology (I'm not focusing on efficiency, noise, how low of an impedance harms an A/B vs. D, etc., JUST the electrical resistance implications), IMO.///

And, I have always recognized that YOU were discussing different amp topologies, and I made no point in any regard to that (other than the fact that such things are irrelevant to my point), so it was just YOU discussing that, thus it not being THE discussion at hand. I was only trying to make the simplest of statements; any impedance greater than zero ohms is less of a dead short than zero ohms, thus it not being the best of ideas to run an amp at extremely low impedances, and you take each of my mentions of that as somehow being related to fuse ratings.

So, I give up. You win. Peace.
    Dude, really? Yes, obviously 1 ohm is closer to zero ohms than is 2ohms. My previous statement was misleading in that regard, and I thought I covered that already. But again, when you factor in that different topologies react differently for a given impedance, we cant make generalized statements about how a system will sound when all we know is the speaker impedance. You say you give up, but I think we've already sufficiently understood each other, yet you keep acting like you need to 'give up'. Get over it, move on, and have a nice day. Thanks bro.

No speaker, in the history of speakers, has ever been blown by too little power. Ever. I don't care what your friend told you, he's a dirty liar.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    320 Post(s)

IMO if you want to make absurd assertations about "higher standards", "more heatsinks", "only stuff with American made parts" etc. and claims of one battery supplying power for 3 minute 12KW demos prepare to back up your claims. I suspect if the thread were titled "My new build DD subs and amps" and it started off a little different it wouldn't have degenerated nearly as badly nor as quickly.
    I think you make some valid points. But honestly, we are all proud of our systems when we build one. Cant we just let the guy like what he owns, even if we dont agree with his choices, or the reasoning behind them? We are all enthusiasts in the same hobby, so I have a hard time understanding why we get so defensive or aggressive when someone in the same hobby makes a slightly different choice than we do (including brand choice or the reasoning behind that choice). And yes, I include myself in that, because Im guilty of it sometimes too. Im just saying, I think the point has been made sufficiently that he does not own a DD headunit or RCA cables, that many of us would chose different equipment, and we dont all agree with DD's approach to several things car audio. Now lets try to just enjoy this hobby together. If we want to bash someone, lets go bash those freaky home-audio people!

No speaker, in the history of speakers, has ever been blown by too little power. Ever. I don't care what your friend told you, he's a dirty liar.

dumple is online now What's in your trunk?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    118 Post(s)

the op asked what people thought of his "100%" dd system in a rather arrogant fashion thats why i was hatting, but infact it could be any brand pyle-audison and i would hate similarly, just because how the title was worded.

Pioneer Appradio 3
    JBL ms8, JBL MS-A5001
    PHD Studio neo 6.5s, PHD fb 1.1b
    Cdt m6+
    TC Sounds Epic 10
    cream jean of sound 8======D~
    refs: Lil_KB, jesusbasscadill, Crzy, Wkbdkid, bigwheel15, groggy23, kenbei, Belunt (awesomebox), Nissan, shallowfu, jonnybusa, alxmlr789, pioneerpimp, peas247, ravens9322, sundownz, audiobahnuser18, [email][email protected], jared530, brenTgrillzem, Revrider1

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    320 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dumple View Post
    the op asked what people thought of his "100%" dd system in a rather arrogant fashion thats why i was hatting, but infact it could be any brand pyle-audison and i would hate similarly, just because how the title was worded.
    Well DD doesn't make a h/u, RCA's, wire, or batteries... so you probably should have expected that coming into this thread, after only reading the title.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1015 Post(s)

Dude, really? ...
    ... You say you give up, but I think we've already sufficiently understood each other, yet you keep acting like you need to 'give up'. Get over it, move on, and have a nice day. Thanks bro.
    did you miss the part where I said we need to get along? Do I need to give you a time out?

I think you make some valid points. But honestly, we are all proud of our systems when we build one. Cant we just let the guy like what he owns, even if we dont agree with his choices, or the reasoning behind them? We are all enthusiasts in the same hobby, so I have a hard time understanding why we get so defensive or aggressive when someone in the same hobby makes a slightly different choice than we do (including brand choice or the reasoning behind that choice). And yes, I include myself in that, because Im guilty of it sometimes too. Im just saying, I think the point has been made sufficiently that he does not own a DD headunit or RCA cables, that many of us would chose different equipment, and we dont all agree with DD's approach to several things car audio. Now lets try to just enjoy this hobby together. If we want to bash someone, lets go bash those freaky gingers!
    I agree with this so much. We are on the same team here in the war of car audio. Stop hating on people that do things a bit differently, and join hands in the fact that they like bass too.

oh ftfy...

Stupid Loud.

CL1CKCLACK is offline CarAudio.com Boss

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    118 Post(s)

audioholic, why do you even bother arguing with them?

1996 Mitsu Clipse GSX 450whp
    1997 Eagle Talon TSI

refs:
    wes007parks, ridinswangaz, madmat, treylittlefield, mendezm9
    MHD2000, RetroAudioInc, power-fanatic07, Carnivorous18, Spltuscon
    Ridinhi, Wingsfreak9, Pro-Rabbit, 2000LaDe, nom nom
    DBBOOM, hrtbrk1, dgaf_, dirtbikkerrob, Nik592, SkylineTT

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    42 Post(s)

Cool story.

Simple SQ System:

Head Unit: Alpine CDA-117
    Active Crossover: Cache' CEX
    Front Stage Amp: Boston Acoustics GTA-704
    Components: Polk Audio DB 6501
    Sub Amp: Boston Acoustics GTA-1000m
    Sub: JBL P1224, 2.5 ft^3 @ 25 hz enclosure
    Rear Fill: Sony Xplod 5.25s on HU power lolz

wenn_du_weinst is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1275 Post(s)

Can't we just get back to raining on OP's "I love DD" parade? I'm still waiting to hear where DD puts all their extra heatsinks and what precisely their amps do that every other Korean mid-fi doesn't? Also waiting to find out when they invented the large motor (can't be eary 90's since in 96, CV stroker and RF Power were the first scratching at the 160 mark and as I recall both were really way bigger than anything else at the time).
    DD amps are nicer on 12v systems then others they do more power at lower voltage, especially compared to sundown and cactus.
    You go to termpro and see how many SPL guys say t/s specs played no role in their choice of subs or design of their system. You keep implying that Im saying t/s and the end-all answer to building an SPL setup, when Ive said something very different.

I dont know what me being 'oldschool' has to do with anything here.
    I already know how many relied on t/s to pick their subs, the answer is none.

I am protesting Skar by giving them added exposure in my signature.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1015 Post(s)

Stupid Loud.

12. Thanks The_Grimy_One thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1275 Post(s)

then don't enter thread....

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1015 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wenn_du_weinst View Post
    then don't enter thread....
    I had been in the discussion, but Holic has stated like 3x now to just congratulate the man on his install or not to post at all. Yet you are still here, defending DD.
    Talk about the OPs ride, congratulate him for spending big money on car audio and not some gay crotch rockets or something, and move on.

Stupid Loud.

Why So Cereal? is offline Invisible Cereal

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1555 Post(s)

I think you make some valid points. But honestly, we are all proud of our systems when we build one. Cant we just let the guy like what he owns, even if we dont agree with his choices, or the reasoning behind them? We are all enthusiasts in the same hobby, so I have a hard time understanding why we get so defensive or aggressive when someone in the same hobby makes a slightly different choice than we do (including brand choice or the reasoning behind that choice). And yes, I include myself in that, because Im guilty of it sometimes too. Im just saying, I think the point has been made sufficiently that he does not own a DD headunit or RCA cables, that many of us would chose different equipment, and we dont all agree with DD's approach to several things car audio. Now lets try to just enjoy this hobby together. If we want to bash someone, lets go bash those freaky home-audio people!
    i honestly think it was just his attitude about the whole thing. I even told him he had a nice system and he told me to GTFO course I dont give 2 shits either way. But I can understand why people started bashing him.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1275 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wickedwitt View Post
    I had been in the discussion, but Holic has stated like 3x now to just congratulate the man on his install or not to post at all. Yet you are still here, defending DD.
    Talk about the OPs ride, congratulate him for spending big money on car audio and not some gay crotch rockets or something, and move on.
    not defending, just answering hispl's question why dd's amps are ''better''
    I have already stated I plan on ditching my DD anyway so no point defending it. If you must know all I nut hug is mcintosh

Closed Thread
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

User Tag List