Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Reload Thread: SSA DCON vs Dayton HO vs DC lvl 3

JoshC is offline The Taco MASTA

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

SSA DCON vs Dayton HO vs DC lvl 3

Ive got a local considering buying my sub and box, and so if they jbl is going ive narrowed what i want next down to these.

All subs with be sealed, 12in, and powered by a RF p6002 300x2 @ 2ohms, 600 x 1 @ 4ohms. Will be getting my memphis pr1000.1 repaired next month or so hopfully, could switch to that if sub wants more power later

Ive got about 1.5cu of space to work with, box will be built for sub after purchase. buget is 100-200max

Looking for a sub that does well with SQ, while still gettin decently loud. My jbl ported didnt have a very large freq band it picked up(anything kinda high sounded bad). Like to hear a larger range of notes hit hard.

SSA DCON- 125, wont have to push my amp hard
    Dayton HO- 150 at partexpress, have had ppl recommend them to me for SQ W/ some decimals
    DC lvl 3- These do well sealed correct? i think a dc sales quoted me 200shipped
    Also, is the AQ SDC2.5 anything special sealed?

Pioneer DEH-P9400BH-CDT HD61s-Kenwood&AQ-Obsidian 12
    Doors covered inside and out in AT 60mill

Sold to: akheathen, audiobaun----Traded with: Mylows10-------Bought from: fasfocus00, Ram_Designs, Mylows10, power-fanatic07, Argento

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Re: SSA DCON vs Dayton HO vs DC lvl 3

No one has anything to say?

Sold to: akheathen, audiobaun----Traded with: Mylows10-------Bought from: fasfocus00, Ram_Designs, Mylows10, power-fanatic07, Argento

NoLoud4U is offline High Output SQ

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

DC lvl 3 does great sealed and only needs 1 cube on that power. The 4 is a whole nother animal

2014 Ford Fusion
    All stock everything.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Have u actually owned/heard a lvl 3 sealed at 1cu? I was hoping not to spend that much but i know it would sound great

Im really wondering if the DCON would be enough to fill my cab, if it was as loud as my JBL now just more musical with a wider range of Fq's that hit ide be very happy

Port noise is starting to drive me crazy! Its not even very loud, some people dont hear it really. But i can, and its driving me up the wall hahahaha Not all songs do it, but it ruins any song that has the Fq's that are making the noise lol

murph is offline Low for Life

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)

the level 3 is probably the most musical on that list next to the dayton. If you really want to have some balls and get loud also just go with the level 3.

Hu: kenwood kdc-x995
    Sub: Boston acoustics G5 12 in a quasi 6th order
    Amp: Phoenix gold zx600.2 ti
    Front Speakers: Eclipse sc6500
    HIT UP FOR BASS ---> http://www.youtube.com/user/BassWithMurph?feature=mhee

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Im not even worried about getting "loud" lol i could care less about if other people here it. I just wanna be able to feel the bass inside my chest while driving lol

Maybe i could get a deal on a lvl 3, im just thinking if the DCON isnt loud enough for me ima be pissed i didnt go DC haha

zako is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

I haven't heard them, but there is mixed evidence on the HOs. Some say they sound fine sealed if you throw lots of power at them. Others say, they sound best in ported box. The sub reportedly sounds very well. This has been measured by ear and test equipment. Just remember that they're relatively low sensitivity drivers, but you can put them into ridiculously small sealed or ported boxes because of it. I was looking into these as well as Infinity Kappa, ID IDQv3 12, Dayton HF (dual 10, sealed), and Peerless XXLS 12. Eventually, I jumped the gun on Infinity Kappa 120.9w because it seemed to be some kind middle ground in terms of power requirements, box size requirement, excursion capability, and not to mention its low price and the sub cone looks very pretty. It's rated for 350watts RMS, but sounds good being driven by 250watt amplifier. It's well built. I have little doubt it can easily take 600watts RMS because at 350watts, it should be like 6 mm below its xmax capability playing in 20-30Hz region. I don't really know how it compares to the above, but I am quite satisfied with SQ: very clean bass with fairly detailed texture of sound, good integration with midbass. This was apparent right after I switched to it from a RE SRX sub. It can get louder than I need. Enough to rattle things on my trunk, which was supposedly sound proofed.

dontbeaprix is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

If you don't want to run that much power the dayton hf is a good lower power option. If you want sq the dayton is the best on the list and they will get loud. That hsu sub in the classified is also a very good sq sub. The older mb quart rwe and pwe subs are also good for sq and get very loud, the rwe plays low, down to 18hz wich is almost unheard of now. Dc subs are more geared towards spl than sq. The dcon from what i read prefers a ported enclosure .

2001 Pontiac Grand Prix
    *stock audio for now*

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

well the reason i want to go sealed is becuase i could fit a 12 vs a 10, and the port noise im gettting drives me insane. Its not present on all songs, but when it is i have to change the song lol. U think i need something different then a slot port or should i go sealed?

Spooney is offline Premium Member Spooney is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)

In my opinion if sealed will get loud enough for your taste then there is no good reason not to go sealed. Much easier to design and a lot more forgiving . If you decide to swap subs down the road you might not necessarily need a new enclosure whereas with ported some subs could be really picky about what the like. Also gets rid of the port noise dilemma completely and I think you would more easily find the wider range of bass you are looking for with a sealed enclosure

11. Thanks i2ain2thunder thanked for this post

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Spooney View Post
    In my opinion if sealed will get loud enough for your taste then there is no good reason not to go sealed. Much easier to design and a lot more forgiving . If you decide to swap subs down the road you might not necessarily need a new enclosure whereas with ported some subs could be really picky about what the like. Also gets rid of the port noise dilemma completely and I think you would more easily find the wider range of bass you are looking for with a sealed enclosure
    Hm well thats what i was thinking Im glad someone confirmed by thoughts. Im really considering the Dayton HO, even though its rated for 700 and i only have 600 to throw at it. I know it likes a VERY small box, anyone ever ran a sealed Dayton HO? Box suggestions? Also gunna see what deals DC can give me.

whitedragon551 is offline Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by murph View Post
    the level 3 is probably the most musical on that list next to the dayton. If you really want to have some balls and get loud also just go with the level 3.
    Actually its not. The Dayton HO or HF would crap on the DC any day as far as musicality goes.

In terms of SQL the DC would take the cake hands down.

To be honest I dont know why the OP doesnt look at this:

TC Sounds Epic 10" DVC Subwoofer 293-656
    TC Sounds Epic 12" DVC Subwoofer 293-650

CA.com FAQ's
    CA.com TOS Agreement
    Forum Rules

HU: ///Alpine 9887, KCE-400BT, KCE-433IV, KTX-100EQ Imprint, 8Gb iPod Touch
    Front Mids: Eclipse SC6500
    Front Tweeters: Morel made Xtant 28MM Silks
    Subs: Audiomobile Evo 10" TC2+
    Enclosure: 1.1 Cubes sealed with 10 Ounces Poly Fill
    Amp: Audio Systems Twister F6 380 III

14. Thanks dontbeaprix, Why So Cereal? thanked for this post

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

No one had suggest them to me as a sealed sub thank u sir I will look into them. Didnt know TC sounded good sealed

Any suggestions on the 12in sealed? It looks bitchin

whitedragon551 is offline Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoshC View Post
    No one had suggest them to me as a sealed sub thank u sir I will look into them. Didnt know TC sounded good sealed
    TC subs are all around good and clean sounding drivers. I run my TC2+ Evo in a 1.1 cube sealed enclosure and its great.

CA.com FAQ's
    CA.com TOS Agreement
    Forum Rules

HU: ///Alpine 9887, KCE-400BT, KCE-433IV, KTX-100EQ Imprint, 8Gb iPod Touch
    Front Mids: Eclipse SC6500
    Front Tweeters: Morel made Xtant 28MM Silks
    Subs: Audiomobile Evo 10" TC2+
    Enclosure: 1.1 Cubes sealed with 10 Ounces Poly Fill
    Amp: Audio Systems Twister F6 380 III

Why So Cereal? is offline Invisible Cereal

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

I run 2 of the daytons ported (see sig) and I love them musically, they get decently loud on my amp. I put em on a friends amp for a few mins the other day (about 750rms per sub) and they got pretty nasty but I dont think I'd give them that much power daily. For SQ purposes, the only sub I've had better SQ wise was my Old School JL12w6. As far as getting loud and sounding good, DC level 3 would be my choice. But if your main goal is SQ, the dayton will be great. Plus they love small sealed boxes! my box is 2cubes before all displacements. Its effin tiny bro and low-lows are no issue suprisingly

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast