Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

treo ss, treo ssx, magnun d2

according to win ISD (i know..it doesn't consider the varibles such as vehicle, amp efficency, quality of install..yada,yada,yada)

but anyway....here's the story..i should be picking up two memphis 1500d's, at which time my treo ss's will have to go, they probably won't hold that much power. so far, i've narrowed my choices to these two...treo ssx, about $900 retail, i can probably get them for $750 a piece..or the new magnum 15" d2...$350 shipped

round one goes to the magnum...^^^^^^

round two(this is where win isd comes in) in identical boxes...2.5 ft^3, 25 in^2 of port tuned to 34.6 hz.....the magnum has the flattest response(green line in graph), the ss is the loudest, but the peakest(red line, boxes built for them,,according to treo specs)and the ssx falls inbetween the two....not quite as loud as the ss..but not quite as flat as the magnum, nor as loud(yellow line)...so apparently rd is the magnum's based on sql

here's the kicker...i will be feeding each sub 1500+wrms...the magnum is rated for 650 wrms while the ssx is rated for 2400wrms...the ss rated for 500 wrms...so rd 3 goes to the ssx

what would u get? (i already have the ss's) i don't want to destroy any sub and they will be put into their manufactoriers recommended enclosure(i used the one above to keep the comparo a little more realistic..same box..same power..net result thing)

any other sub recommended? i don't want kicker, jl, alpine, rf, eclipse....too many of those around here..not dogging any one of them, but i want to go different..hell even treo,at least around here is getting kinda popular.

i will throw the mtx 9500 in there as i can get them for about $450..they are rated 750wrms i believe

let me know what ya think....

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails treo ss, treo ssx, magnun d2-new-1.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by lilmaniac2
    Your circles look like something a HMO doctor would do to a **** job ....
    ^^^ speaking about cbfryman's jigsaw ability

owner of Thread posts 11111 & 12345

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

kickerlivinloud is offline Banning survivor

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: treo ss, treo ssx, magnun d2

You can get the MTX 9500 for $369 off onlinecarstereo.com

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAu...roductID=13321

Hope this helps a little

Jon

Shugarra is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have never heard the treos so I wont comment on them. I do love my Magnum, I really doubt I'll ever get a different brand. The 12 incher is also rated very conservatively so I would assume the 15 incher is also. I would suspect you'd have no problem running that much power to the 15. You also have to consider the 15 is supposed to go in a 4 cubic foot ported box, so maybe the treos will respond better with the room you have. Either way, good luck.

Mike

Mark_ab is offline The Alpha Male

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

The Magnum should hold it's own with that kind of power. I'm going to abuse mine to a far greater extent than that. The price alone would sway me greatly to that direction.

Is this not a reasonable place to park?

k-mart is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mrray13

round two(this is where win isd comes in) in identical boxes...2.5 ft^3, 25 in^2 of port tuned to 34.6 hz.....the magnum has the flattest response(green line in graph), the ss is the loudest, but the peakest(red line, boxes built for them,,according to treo specs)and the ssx falls inbetween the two....not quite as loud as the ss..but not quite as flat as the magnum, nor as loud(yellow line)...so apparently rd is the magnum's based on sql

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    A few problems with this............

1) At 15", none of these subs will work very well in boxes that small.

2) Winisd should never, ever be used in any way, shape, or form to compare the output of speakers. It should only be used to get a general impression of frequency response and for port calculations.

3) I have no experience with Treo subs, but I'd be fairly confident that they won't be able to provide you with the same SQ as a Magnum will.

Originally posted by rthompson
    They seem to be a whole lot more timely on the estimated releases than some other companies, thats for sure.... Image Dynamics comes to mind...

BDIDDY is offline Sittin' Slick

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If memory serves me correctly the SSX will take anything you can throw at it. It would be good to compete with because of single sub class, but you would need a hella bigger box.

Personally I'd go with the D2's, just because of the cleaner sound. Now if you were gonna compete try the SSX. Also it was said a while back that the 12" held 1000 rms with no sweat.

Hope this helps..

"Just have to remember to take everything in stride, and don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today because there might not be a tomorrow. " <---- RAMOS

Profliepower is the funniest guy ever...

mrray13 is offline uz some fegbags

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by k-mart
    A few problems with this............

1) At 15", none of these subs will work very well in boxes that small.

2) Winisd should never, ever be used in any way, shape, or form to compare the output of speakers. It should only be used to get a general impression of frequency response and for port calculations.

3) I have no experience with Treo subs, but I'd be fairly confident that they won't be able to provide you with the same SQ as a Magnum will.

real quick...(i'm not picking on ya..just using u for my responses)

!) the boxes i am running my 15" treo ss's in are 2.5ft^3,with 25in^2 of port tuned to 34hz..just like treo recommends...and they wang, and sound pretty good doing it

2) i use winISD to do just what u said at the bottom...compare frq response and port calculations..the spl response is just a guesstimate and for comparision only. like i said in the original post, i know winISD doesn't take everything into consideration

3) if winISD is right...ur absolutely correct here. even changing the box size from 4ft^3 to the 2.5ft^3 didn't change the freq response of the d2..it stayed almost dead flat...very impressive

and with everyone saying that their magnum has handled the kind of power(or close to it) that i'm wanting to throw at them..the magnum may just be the sub i'm looking for

thanks for all the replies...keep em coming

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

k-mart is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mrray13
    real quick...(i'm not picking on ya..just using u for my responses)

!) the boxes i am running my 15" treo ss's in are 2.5ft^3,with 25in^2 of port tuned to 34hz..just like treo recommends...and they wang, and sound pretty good doing it

2) i use winISD to do just what u said at the bottom...compare frq response and port calculations..the spl response is just a guesstimate and for comparision only. like i said in the original post, i know winISD doesn't take everything into consideration

thanks for all the replies...keep em coming

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Don't feel like you're picking on me.

1)That's a surprisingly small box for them to recommend, but I'm pretty sure that the SSX will definately be more at home in a larger box. Same goes for the Magnum 15...<---- this i know for a fact. Go about 4 cubes tuned to 32hz and you'll love it.

2)Even for comparison's sake, I wouldn't use winisd for different subs. Different boxes for the same woofer, yes........different subs......nah.

If you're really interested in the Magnums, hit me up on AIM at EarTub and I'll be glad to help you out.

Originally posted by rthompson
    They seem to be a whole lot more timely on the estimated releases than some other companies, thats for sure.... Image Dynamics comes to mind...

Shaunly is offline --= Team Toxic Bass =--

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Have you ever condsider the Adire Brahma? I have a 12in. 2cu.ft ported box tune @ 27hz. Best sq i've heard so far. I had a ED15a in a 3.5fu.ft ported tune @ 35hz and my brahma get's lower and a lot better sq.

mrray13 is offline uz some fegbags

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

kmart..i'll probably hit ya up sometime tonite...

adire brahma...hmmmmm.....i have heard alot of ppl talking about how they aren't all that reliable..but it has crossed my mind.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Closed Thread