Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Newb to car audio... Need help with set up

PushinAvvy12 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Newb to car audio... Need help with set up

I am a complete novice when it comes to car audio so please bear with me... I drive an '07 Chevy Avalanche and am looking to put a system in... I have been told that 1 10" should do the trick but I am completely lost when it comes to what I need to look for equipment wise.. Also, when I decide to go with it, would I have to sacrifice the back seat to put the sub in? Or would I still be able to put the seats back with the sub in? Thanks for any help guys!!

bgowdy31 is offline I GOT LOUD FOR $648

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Re: Newb to car audio... Need help with set up

well it really depends on the how you want it set up

MY NEW RIDE- 2001 HYUNDAI SANTA FE (BEST SCORE 147+DB 30-SEC MUSIC-BB2400 & 1 HDC3-18 W/STOCK ELEC)
    2 SOUNDQUBED SDC2.5-15'S ~ 7.06 CUBE @ 37HZ ~ SHARK 2500(FOR NOW,2 STRAPPED LATER)@ 1OHM
    STOCK ALT ~ 1 STOCK DEKA & 2 AGM'S ~ 4 RUNS OF 1/0(2+/2-)

WIFEYS 03 FOCUS SE TRUNK SYSTEM ~ 143+DB 30 SEC MUSIC AVG
    1 KICKER L7 15 ~ 5.6 CUBE @ 38HZ ~ KICKER ZX1000.1 @ 2 OHM
    STOCK ALT ~ 1 STOCK BATTERY ~ ONLY 6GA POWER WIRE

2010 FCBC 450SD 3RD OVERALL~2011 FCBC 450SD CHAMPION~YOUTUBE->bgowdy31 & bgowdy3131

IonRL205 is offline DJ h4z4rdes IonRL205 is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

What do you want out of your system, like as in getting loud, sounding good...etc and how much are you willing to spend?

Also do you have the factory deck or an aftermarket one?

Headunit - Pioneer DEH-P8300UB
    Subs - None
    Sub Amp - 2x Crescendo 3kwp
    Front Stage - Polk Audio db651 Coaxial
    Front Amp - None

Quote Originally Posted by zako View Post
    Most properly done 15 inch subwoofers are not suited for car audio use simply due to box size requirements.

audioholic is offline Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PushinAvvy12 View Post
    I am a complete novice when it comes to car audio so please bear with me... I drive an '07 Chevy Avalanche and am looking to put a system in... I have been told that 1 10" should do the trick but I am completely lost when it comes to what I need to look for equipment wise.. Also, when I decide to go with it, would I have to sacrifice the back seat to put the sub in? Or would I still be able to put the seats back with the sub in? Thanks for any help guys!!
    Im not very familiar with Avalanches, but most trucks with a rear seat have enough space to accommodate at least a modest enclosure built under the seat. This is not my favorite method of incorporating a sub, as the sub(s) usually ends up firing directly into seat foam, which alters perceived frequency response and intensity (negatively), but its certainly better than nothing. In other words, replacing the rear seat with a sub enclosure would definitely provide more ideal results (obviously), but it is not a must. You simply need to decide what is more important to you, a back seat, or bigger/better sound.

1 10" sub would be ample for some people, and hopelessly inadequate for others. If you are not sure which of those types of people you are, I suggest demo'ing as many systems as you can before deciding how to build your own. Good luck, we'll be here to help when you need it.

No speaker, in the history of speakers, has ever been blown by too little power. Ever. I don't care what your friend told you, he's a dirty liar.

PushinAvvy12 is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for all the help guys... as far as the system sound goes I am not really looking for something too loud... id rather have a clean sound with a decent bump than a system that just bumps to bump.... and as far as the deck goes I have the factory one...

Closed Thread