Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 16 to 26 of 26

Reload Thread: 12" Fi Q Questions

  1. #16
    xshlomox's Avatar
    xshlomox is offline Junior Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Long Grove, IL
    Posts
    11
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 12" Fi Q Questions

    What is your definition of sound quality?







  2. #17
    Kangaroux's Avatar
    Kangaroux is offline I put on



    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    9,604
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1488 Post(s)

    Re: 12" Fi Q Questions

    Quote Originally Posted by slim2fattycake View Post
    So is the SSD and the BL.
    Then i don't see what the problem is with picking the Q. SSD's are out of stock until neos are in and the BL is meant to be a higher power handling sub whereas the Q is more SQ oriented




  3. #18
    slim2fattycake's Avatar
    slim2fattycake is offline rolling right along



    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    In the Stars
    Posts
    2,181
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    155 Post(s)

    Re: 12" Fi Q Questions

    Quote Originally Posted by xshlomox View Post
    I was looking at the SSD's earlier then I noticed the "Up to 30 business day build time."
    It is just a precaution. Check out their section on SSA. Nick talked about the 30 day build time. The new SSDs look awesome and can handle more power too.



    SPL-Lab REP

    Want an SPL meter for a lot less than the cost of a Termlab, but just as accurate and has more features and support? PM me.

  4. #19
    xshlomox's Avatar
    xshlomox is offline Junior Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Long Grove, IL
    Posts
    11
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 12" Fi Q Questions

    And cost less . I might reconsider, I've gotta do more research.




  5. #20
    slim2fattycake's Avatar
    slim2fattycake is offline rolling right along



    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    In the Stars
    Posts
    2,181
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    155 Post(s)

    Re: 12" Fi Q Questions

    Quote Originally Posted by Kangaroux View Post
    Then i don't see what the problem is with picking the Q. SSD's are out of stock until neos are in and the BL is meant to be a higher power handling sub whereas the Q is more SQ oriented
    The SSDs are in and the BL has the same power handling spec as the Q and yes, the Q is more SQ oriented but it doesn't mean the OP is going hate the SQ of the BL or the SSD.



    SPL-Lab REP

    Want an SPL meter for a lot less than the cost of a Termlab, but just as accurate and has more features and support? PM me.

  6. #21
    Fi Car Audio's Avatar
    Fi Car Audio is offline Senior VIP Member



    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Hades, NV
    Posts
    269
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 12" Fi Q Questions

    Welll, Qs and BLs are popping up a little more in power handling as well with some slight changes to things internally. We have been tweaking things for all of the drivers and making gains in thermal capacity. Just havent made them all known on the site.

    SSD now has a solid pole and ability to have heli-cool as well. This bumps up thermal capacity on them even in standard form. 30 day is to try and cover our butts a little incase of delays with production on the new drivers using US steel. We have had so many snags with things time wise that we simply would rather over estimate and come in on time or under with customers knowing what it could be, than to have to make a 100 phone calls explaining why we are later than posted for the series.

    As mentioned above... I am not a fan of the Q with the extra spider for SQ applications. Sealed with the high Qts and standard suspension works great for SQ. The extra spider is for those that are a little more brutal on things but want the extra linearity of the Q vs the BL.

    Thanks,
    Scott



    Ive got a bone to pick.... and a few to break. - Refused

  7. #22
    Kangaroux's Avatar
    Kangaroux is offline I put on



    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    9,604
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1488 Post(s)

    Re: 12" Fi Q Questions

    Quote Originally Posted by Fi Car Audio View Post
    Welll, Qs and BLs are popping up a little more in power handling as well with some slight changes to things internally. We have been tweaking things for all of the drivers and making gains in thermal capacity. Just havent made them all known on the site.

    SSD now has a solid pole and ability to have heli-cool as well. This bumps up thermal capacity on them even in standard form. 30 day is to try and cover our butts a little incase of delays with production on the new drivers using US steel. We have had so many snags with things time wise that we simply would rather over estimate and come in on time or under with customers knowing what it could be, than to have to make a 100 phone calls explaining why we are later than posted for the series.

    As mentioned above... I am not a fan of the Q with the extra spider for SQ applications. Sealed with the high Qts and standard suspension works great for SQ. The extra spider is for those that are a little more brutal on things but want the extra linearity of the Q vs the BL.

    Thanks,
    Scott
    of the new SSD vs. Q, which would have the most potential to get lower? in 7 cubes tuned to 28, pushing roughly 1200w.




  8. #23
    Fi Car Audio's Avatar
    Fi Car Audio is offline Senior VIP Member



    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Hades, NV
    Posts
    269
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 12" Fi Q Questions

    Q. Quite a bit more linear of a driver.
    What size or quantity of drivers in 7 cuft?



    Ive got a bone to pick.... and a few to break. - Refused

  9. #24
    Kangaroux's Avatar
    Kangaroux is offline I put on



    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    9,604
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1488 Post(s)

    Re: 12" Fi Q Questions

    Quote Originally Posted by Fi Car Audio View Post
    Q. Quite a bit more linear of a driver.
    What size or quantity of drivers in 7 cuft?
    14 cubes net, dual 18s




  10. #25
    Kangaroux's Avatar
    Kangaroux is offline I put on



    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    9,604
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1488 Post(s)

    Re: 12" Fi Q Questions

    was just looking at the Fs on the SSD is 27 whereas the Q is 33..is that only relevant in an IB setup?




  11. #26
    Fi Car Audio's Avatar
    Fi Car Audio is offline Senior VIP Member



    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Hades, NV
    Posts
    269
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 12" Fi Q Questions

    Q18s would be louder and lower Watt per Watt.



    Ive got a bone to pick.... and a few to break. - Refused

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

User Tag List

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
1e2 Forum