User Tag List

Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Sub I should be getting on Monday!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sub I should be getting on Monday!

Quote Originally Posted by globalminds_ent View Post
    people think that companies are so much better than each other when it comes to amps, but this is all a game people..all of this **** is the same, now some are better than others but in the end all of this **** is the same. These companies want u to fight over who is the best. When honestly there is probably 2 or 3 huge companies that make every single amp on the planet. Wake up people.u don't no who owns this stuff and u don't know who owns these build houses.
    Quote Originally Posted by benbenondatrack View Post
    you dont even got no swag anyway

Fiendstolemyamp is offline Call of the Wintermoon

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Sub I should be getting on Monday!

Sub will rip your car to shreds, lols

I use gain as a volume control.

MisterDeadeye is offline Bannned

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know! The audio shop sold me a quadruple 270amp alternator setup, and I've got ten batteries in the trunk. I'm thinking about getting this amp to power this beast. Audio Savings | POWER ACOUSTIK TS620-2 620w PLASMA CAR AMPLIFIER AMP

Disregard the fact that the sub is dual 4, and I'm going to run this amp mono wired at 2 ohms so it blows up.

In all seriousness, this was my exact first setup. It was a birthday present when I turned 16(I think... Can't remember), and I have no idea if it was actually bridged because I didn't know anything about audio, but I do know that the amp/sub eventually stopped working. I didn't use a bass remote or have the volume extremely loud. The person who installed it, obviously did something wrong even though he was "professional for 10+ years". It was a friend of my dad's.

I'm going to my dad's house on Monday, and I'm going to check if the fuses are blown or anything. I'm going to hook it up and see if it works. I'll also see how the sub's wired. If I can get the amp working again, I'm probably going to use it for my front stage, and hopefully sell the sub on Craigslist for like $50.

people think that companies are so much better than each other when it comes to amps, but this is all a game people..all of this **** is the same, now some are better than others but in the end all of this **** is the same. These companies want u to fight over who is the best. When honestly there is probably 2 or 3 huge companies that make every single amp on the planet. Wake up people.u don't no who owns this stuff and u don't know who owns these build houses.

Kangaroux is offline I put on

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"No Bootleg Power Ratings, These Amps are the real deal!
    Power Acoustik is one of the most trusted brands for car audio and video products!"

pieper88 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have that sub. Its on the shelf with a Dr Crankenstein and funky pup among other ridiculous cheap subs I've collected over the years

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I recall thinking it sounded great at 16. It was in a '94 Taurus that was this color:

pieper88 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MisterDeadeye View Post
    I recall thinking it sounded great at 16. It was in a '94 Taurus that was this color:
    I had that exact same car in white at 15. I was rockin a discman run throught the tape deck lol. Got a new car at 16.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pieper88 View Post
    I had that exact same car in white at 15. I was rockin a discman run throught the tape deck lol. Got a new car at 16.
    Haha! Nice! I bought a pair of Kenwood coaxials for up front, with some Pioneers in the back. They were what sounded the best at Best Buy in their respective sizes. Oh how ignorant I was. I also paid well over what I could have got them on the internet for. I think the Pioneers were around $110, and I could get them from even Crutchfield for $60.

Closed Thread