Closed Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Reload Thread: Calling BS on "breaking in" subwoofers, prove me wrong.

hispls is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)

Re: Calling BS on "breaking in" subwoofers, prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterDeadeye View Post
    Good find. I'd seen a couple of these before that show less dramatic variance. Most of these at 10% or more certainly proves that this is real, the extent of which apparently depending on the brand (parts used), and IMHO takes a bit more time than many people would attribute.

Quote Originally Posted by Chriszle View Post
    We recommend to allow at least several weeks of playing time to break in DD Woofers, full break in may take many months. DO NOT play subwoofers at max amplifier power in the first couple of days, give the suspensions a chance to loosen up. As the suspension breaks in, the subs will play lower and louder.

Directly from DD website regarding the 9500 series woofers. People may question the build quality of AQ, but I hardly think people can judge the quality of DD (the price is a whole other story).
    How does this jive with the "fresh recones before the big show"? I can't recall ever seeing a thread "my DD sub is making funny noises" that turns out to be a failed tripple joint. Just saying...

Oh, so the OP disregarded my post. You know, the post that ends this discussion.

ITT: OP's an idiot, and everyone tells him he's an idiot, but he keeps on being an idiot.
    ITT: OP was working and had made the other post before your link.

Quote Originally Posted by outsideshot23 View Post
    This site is a ridiculous place to come for good info.. 90% or more on here think they know what they are talking about from having read something on thisforum probably posted by someone who dont need **** either.. for someone to say their setup wiill be soo much better once its broke in is ridiculous ... on another note.. wtf is the purpose for this thread.. judging by soe of the posts you made you are an idiot.,. get off your lazy *** and go look **** up yourself.. you want numbers you got numbers and still bitching about something else.. stop crying for handouts and go find out for yourself
    How about if DD sais subs will get louder after break in, why do people fresh recone before a show? YOU said that new subs are louder. You also claim that amps are more efficient at high frequencies. Of course I'm an idiot right? I had read OBJECTIVE data from non-forum sources in the past that showed much less extreme variance after periods of use. Of course a fella like you has all the answers, but I actually learned something out of this. Thanks to the few who actually posted some objective data and facts.

/thread if you like, I'm still very interested about this topic (moreso than before actually), and would like to start tabulating some data on various subwoofers and their variance after periods of time.

outsideshot23 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hispls View Post
    Good find. I'd seen a couple of these before that show less dramatic variance. Most of these at 10% or more certainly proves that this is real, the extent of which apparently depending on the brand (parts used), and IMHO takes a bit more time than many people would attribute.

How does this jive with the "fresh recones before the big show"? I can't recall ever seeing a thread "my DD sub is making funny noises" that turns out to be a failed tripple joint. Just saying...

ITT: OP was working and had made the other post before your link.

How about if DD sais subs will get louder after break in, why do people fresh recone before a show? YOU said that new subs are louder. You also claim that amps are more efficient at high frequencies. Of course I'm an idiot right? I had read OBJECTIVE data from non-forum sources in the past that showed much less extreme variance after periods of use. Of course a fella like you has all the answers, but I actually learned something out of this. Thanks to the few who actually posted some objective data and facts.

/thread if you like, I'm still very interested about this topic (moreso than before actually), and would like to start tabulating some data on various subwoofers and their variance after periods of time.
    your right.. your reading articles i have real life experiences on more systems then you read articles.. you can read all you like.. and ill keep walking that *** in the lanes...

First hair trick... more to come -----> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbfADio5CjQ

158.1@44hz usaci
    155.5 @44hz Usaci Streatbeat
    154.7@44hz MECA
    130.4@44hz MECA Driveby

Team XS power
    Team SecondSkin

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)

i would put the DDZ and APXX necka nd neck.. the APX then blows out the 9500 and the atomic ele blows out the 3500.. im sure some dd nuthuggers willl say otherwise... but just froms eeing some of the setups, power they take, and numbers they do.. my .02

---------- Post added at 04:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 PM ----------

but the DDZ and apxx are in their own class.. just ridiculous amount of power it takes to even warm those things up.. gotta have a deep wallet
    ^^^ I'd say there's probably 5 or 6 subs that are very close. Seems that the top of the top is the DD neo motor and the Brazilian "Shocker" knockoff of that. There isn't a ceramic motor built yet that can hang with the motor force of the big neo magnets. Atomic (RD) are well known for solid softparts but they need to get a huge *** neo motor to get those world records.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

To OP: My post was 13 minutes before yours. Regardless, you didn't lash out at me. Much respect.

Quote Originally Posted by globalminds_ent View Post
    people think that companies are so much better than each other when it comes to amps, but this is all a game people..all of this **** is the same, now some are better than others but in the end all of this **** is the same. These companies want u to fight over who is the best. When honestly there is probably 2 or 3 huge companies that make every single amp on the planet. Wake up people.u don't no who owns this stuff and u don't know who owns these build houses.
    Quote Originally Posted by benbenondatrack View Post
    you dont even got no swag anyway

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

What precisely is "way louder" in decibels? Actual measurements please.

Definition of Objective and Subjective
    Objective is a statement that is completely unbiased. It is not touched by the speaker’s previous experiences or tastes. It is verifiable by looking up facts or performing mathematical calculations.
    Subjective is a statement that has been colored by the character of the speaker or writer. It often has a basis in reality, but reflects the perspective through with the speaker views reality. It cannot be verified using concrete facts and figures.

Let's stick to OBJECTIVE evidence please.
    Well , louder to the ear. After a week of having them and noticing the difference , I did a 138.3 @ 37hz. But I am noticing since that show where I beat the living **** outta them that they are moving much more air. When I first put them in my head unit was stationary, now on lower notes the steering wheel and head unit bob and weave like a boxer. I will meter them again soon and post up more numbers

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

^^^ I'd say there's probably 5 or 6 subs that are very close. Seems that the top of the top is the DD neo motor and the Brazilian "Shocker" knockoff of that. There isn't a ceramic motor built yet that can hang with the motor force of the big neo magnets. Atomic (RD) are well known for solid softparts but they need to get a huge *** neo motor to get those world records.
    yep.. lthough they did set a handful of worl records this year in usaci.. a couple of my amps are WR holders

First hair trick... more to come -----> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbfADio5CjQ

158.1@44hz usaci
    154.7@44hz MECA
    130.4@44hz MECA Driveby

Team XS power
    Team SecondSkin

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bassin Buick View Post
    Well , louder to the ear. After a week of having them and noticing the difference , I did a 138.3 @ 37hz. But I am noticing since that show where I beat the living **** outta them that they are moving much more air. When I first put them in my head unit was stationary, now on lower notes the steering wheel and head unit bob and weave like a boxer. I will meter them again soon and post up more numbers
    dont bring up numbers to the OP.. he wants facts but before and after TL numbers are no good. Even though when i meter my stuff literally thousands of times and can tell you what it will do within .1 then recone everything and gain .5-.7 on every setup this doesnt mean its louder.. because its not published in an article.. lol

158.1@44hz usaci
    154.7@44hz MECA
    130.4@44hz MECA Driveby

Team XS power
    Team SecondSkin

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)

your right.. your reading articles i have real life experiences on more systems then you read articles.. you can read all you like.. and ill keep walking that *** in the lanes...
    Yeah, I guess I could buy half a dozen speakers and play and test them over the course of 4 or 5 weeks or just read what happened when someone else did it. LOL. I got my answer in half a day and for free. Reading is pretty stupid huh?

Well, I suppose you're just better than me in every way and don't have to provide facts or data to back up anything you say.

Honestly it's stuck up cunts like you why I never competed before last year (out of 20+ years in the hobby). People that know everything, can prove nothing, and won't share all their infinte wisdom are the cancer that has killed car audio competition.

How about showing where you come up with amps are more efficient at high frequencies? I am very interested to know why and by how much? Unless you've done too much work to find out and don't want to give away your secrets.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)

dont bring up numbers to the OP.. he wants facts but before and after TL numbers are no good. Even though when i meter my stuff literally thousands of times and can tell you what it will do within .1 then recone everything and gain .5-.7 on every setup this doesnt mean its louder.. because its not published in an article.. lol
    Why didn't you just offer that info from the get go? That is objective data.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Well my numbers are on video. Does that help to prove anything? Lol

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bassin Buick View Post
    Post new # and freq please.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Don't have direct access to a TL. Next local show I will get on the meter though. The before numbers were from this past weekend though.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)

To OP: My post was 13 minutes before yours. Regardless, you didn't lash out at me. Much respect.
    I typed it, ate my lunch, then hit "post" then ran out the door. LOL. You typed yours while I was eating before I hit "post"

A good find and a good read.

thorshammer1 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Well.....

My lvl 5 10's with 6xtra stiff spiders freshly reconed showed an fs of 62. After a week of hard playing it settled to 42. At that time It burped a 151.2 fresh out the box and 151.6 a week later. Some of the increase in db can could be attributed to changes in temp,barametric pressure etc.. I would have to agree that in most of your average subs stocked on the shelf wont show a major difference fresh out the box.

Team DefJ
    Team DC

2 DC lvl 5 10's 152.4 TNESPL 42hz
    152.6 DBDrag 40hz
    2 DC lvl 5 12's 153.1 DbDrag 45hz
    2 DC lvl 5 15's? To Be Determined
    For all your DC Audio need rob@dcsoundlab.com

09civic is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

how about this....use the sub(s) however YOU want to use them. if they blow, then suffer the consquences.

/thread

16. Thanks outsideshot23 thanked for this post
Closed Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast