Closed Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Reload Thread: Calling BS on "breaking in" subwoofers, prove me wrong.

outsideshot23 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Calling BS on "breaking in" subwoofers, prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Chriszle View Post
    We recommend to allow at least several weeks of playing time to break in DD Woofers, full break in may take many months. DO NOT play subwoofers at max amplifier power in the first couple of days, give the suspensions a chance to loosen up. As the suspension breaks in, the subs will play lower and louder.

Directly from DD website regarding the 9500 series woofers. People may question the build quality of AQ, but I hardly think people can judge the quality of DD (the price is a whole other story).
    DD blows.. For one.. i recones my woofers with glue strait from their "vat" that they use.. glue did not set up with accelerator.. ****** glue.. ended up needing more recones.. number 2 the gap is tiny, the coils are thin, and made out of carboard.. **** man.. RD/atomic there is not a piece of paper or cardboard on the entire coil.. all aluminum.. and bulky.. DDZs are big subs.. but other then that they are behind in terms of competition.. daily beaters.. they are ok

First hair trick... more to come -----> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbfADio5CjQ

158.1@44hz usaci
    155.5 @44hz Usaci Streatbeat
    154.7@44hz MECA
    130.4@44hz MECA Driveby

Team XS power
    Team SecondSkin

Chriszle is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Ah, my 9512s have been on 2 2500 sundowns strapped at 1 ohm for a year with no issues. Maybe its user error and not the sub. The afore mentioned shop that is nearby did a end of year blow out on their 9515s, because they were upgrading to the Z4s this year. I can post the video, although it does not show the initial abuse they went through.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/video/vi...50301643325085

After all the abuse, they were able to destroy 1. Also, this was after 2 full seasons of competing (including top 3 finishes at Midwest SPL nationals in several classes).

https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.ph...type=1&theater

Pics of the amp rack (running on 16 volt setup)^

https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.ph...type=1&theater

There is a pic of the 159.5(thought it was 159.6) I was talking about at 42 hz.^

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I streetbeat 4 atomic subs on 4 d9s @.25 .. so what.. i didnt say they wouldnt play.. parts just arent as good..

First hair trick... more to come -----> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbfADio5CjQ

158.1@44hz usaci
    154.7@44hz MECA
    130.4@44hz MECA Driveby

Team XS power
    Team SecondSkin

CHEMMINS is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

90% of failures is due to bad/incorrect installs.

References:
    kmarei, ge_off_me, AudioPipe, slim2fattycake, Louisiana_CRX, ARMed&Bangin, EXTREMECHEVYMAN, Dpc69ss, Psychoacoustics, Shinju, jonny101abc, snoopdan

BUYING SILVER TOP TRF MOTORS

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

not to mention i know several people who work at DD.. i mean i live right next door.. one of them has helped me on my build some.. i know a little about DD.. not impressed.. but im speaking from a competition lets do 160 DB standpoint.. not daily do 140s

---------- Post added at 04:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by CHEMMINS View Post
    90% of failures is due to bad/incorrect installs.
    i would say more like 95% but your right.. there is a 5% and ive seen it happen alot.. started buying my glue from fix my speaker.. no problems.. hard as a rock playing like a champ

158.1@44hz usaci
    154.7@44hz MECA
    130.4@44hz MECA Driveby

Team XS power
    Team SecondSkin

Buck is online now always low Buck is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by outsideshot23 View Post
    not to mention i know several people who work at DD.. i mean i live right next door.. one of them has helped me on my build some.. i know a little about DD.. not impressed.. but im speaking from a competition lets do 160 DB standpoint.. not daily do 140s

---------- Post added at 04:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:11 PM ----------

i would say more like 95% but your right.. there is a 5% and ive seen it happen alot.. started buying my glue from fix my speaker.. no problems.. hard as a rock playing like a champ

Alpine - ASE (local) - Batcap - C&D Tech - CT Sounds - DC - eD - Excessive Amperage - Rainbow

CHEMMINS is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Doesn't DD have more WR's than any other sub manufacturer?

References:
    kmarei, ge_off_me, AudioPipe, slim2fattycake, Louisiana_CRX, ARMed&Bangin, EXTREMECHEVYMAN, Dpc69ss, Psychoacoustics, Shinju, jonny101abc, snoopdan

BUYING SILVER TOP TRF MOTORS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

I can't believe anyone is trying to knock the quality of DD subs. Shows me lack of experience. They are expensive as **** though, one can talk about that all they want, and I will not argue.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CHEMMINS View Post
    Doesn't DD have more WR's than any other sub manufacturer?
    Their Z motor does.. liek i said the Z is a beast.. after that.. it goes wayy down.. i see alot of 9500 series do well.. but at finals its all RD, Atomic, DDZ, some solo X, just an assortment of decent brands.. ill take RD all day tho..

158.1@44hz usaci
    154.7@44hz MECA
    130.4@44hz MECA Driveby

Team XS power
    Team SecondSkin

Buck is online now always low Buck is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)

DD owns most any other company as far as quality and record holdings. I'm pretty sure they lead the way on new and innovative woofer designs that are actually usable, not something just given a fancy name.

Alpine - ASE (local) - Batcap - C&D Tech - CT Sounds - DC - eD - Excessive Amperage - Rainbow

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

heres 26,000 watts to an atomic apxx... which is actually less then they are rated for.. do to atomics site and they will tell you 30k for burps and 25k for the apxs.. show me another site where the dealer says ya.. put 25k to it and its still under warranty... lol

YouTube - Atomic APXX 18" vs 220 V Wallsocket

---------- Post added at 04:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Buck View Post
    DD owns most any other company as far as quality and record holdings. I'm pretty sure they lead the way on new and innovative woofer designs that are actually usable, not something just given a fancy name.
    ya they do own MOST

158.1@44hz usaci
    154.7@44hz MECA
    130.4@44hz MECA Driveby

Team XS power
    Team SecondSkin

the727kid is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

A lot of unnecessary bitching and moaning in here. The OP wants facts, point blank. Opinions don't count at all. A lot of unnecessary chatter from people who may or may not know what they are talking about, but your "break in" could be simply a result of other variables that your complete clueless to because you believe the subwoofer is "broken in".

Honestly though to debunk this myth, would take lots and lots of testing with many different woofers, multiples of the same woofers, different temperatures, different atmospheric pressures, ect.

Alarm: Viper 5902
    HU: Stock
    Front Stage:
    Tweeters: Image Dynamics CD1-Pro Mini Horns
    Mids: Sundown Neo Pro 8"
    Subs: (2) 15" Dayton HF ran IB
    Amps: (2) Kicker IX 500.4 (1) Kicker IX 1000.1
    Processor: JBL MS-8

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by outsideshot23 View Post
    Their Z motor does.. liek i said the Z is a beast.. after that.. it goes wayy down.. i see alot of 9500 series do well.. but at finals its all RD, Atomic, DDZ, some solo X, just an assortment of decent brands.. ill take RD all day tho..
    Just out of curiousity because I have not attended finals personally? Where they the top of the line RD and atomic OR were they lesser models? I mean the 9500 may not hold up to the best RD or atomic offers, but what about their comparable lesser models?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

the DDZ and the APXX have to be up at the top for baddest most durable subs.. if theres another i would liek to see it

---------- Post added at 04:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by the727kid View Post
    A lot of unnecessary bitching and moaning in here. The OP wants facts, point blank. Opinions don't count at all. A lot of unnecessary chatter from people who may or may not know what they are talking about, but your "break in" could be simply a result of other variables that your complete clueless to because you believe the subwoofer is "broken in".

Honestly though to debunk this myth, would take lots and lots of testing with many different woofers, multiples of the same woofers, different temperatures, different atmospheric pressures, ect.
    after all that you chime in with no facts or numbers.. lol

158.1@44hz usaci
    154.7@44hz MECA
    130.4@44hz MECA Driveby

Team XS power
    Team SecondSkin

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chriszle View Post
    Just out of curiousity because I have not attended finals personally? Where they the top of the line RD and atomic OR were they lesser models? I mean the 9500 may not hold up to the best RD or atomic offers, but what about their comparable lesser models?
    i would put the DDZ and APXX necka nd neck.. the APX then blows out the 9500 and the atomic ele blows out the 3500.. im sure some dd nuthuggers willl say otherwise... but just froms eeing some of the setups, power they take, and numbers they do.. my .02

---------- Post added at 04:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 PM ----------

but the DDZ and apxx are in their own class.. just ridiculous amount of power it takes to even warm those things up.. gotta have a deep wallet

158.1@44hz usaci
    154.7@44hz MECA
    130.4@44hz MECA Driveby

Team XS power
    Team SecondSkin

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast