Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Reload Thread: Ultra budget sub build $250

tf3090 is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Re: Ultra budget sub build $250

i will be watching for some responses for that set up too, i'm just looking for a cheap system that I will be able to feel

Euthyphro is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tf3090 View Post
    i will be watching for some responses for that set up too, i'm just looking for a cheap system that I will be able to feel
    I've been reading posts about them and they seem to be bad quality. I'm just going to wait until I have a more reasonable budget.

NoLoud4U is online now High Output SQ

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

I would go with it. If this is your first system which I'm assuming it is, you are going to want to upgrade in a few months anyway. It happens to all of us! Get the MTX kit and see if you enjoy the bass before you go head first into this hobby, I dont think you can find anything better for your budget. Just check if its got a warrenty cause you might end up blowing them

2014 Ford Fusion
    All stock everything.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HazeGrey75 View Post
    I would go with it. If this is your first system which I'm assuming it is, you are going to want to upgrade in a few months anyway. It happens to all of us! Get the MTX kit and see if you enjoy the bass before you go head first into this hobby, I dont think you can find anything better for your budget. Just check if its got a warrenty cause you might end up blowing them
    Oh god I can't decide! I know I love a lot of bass, my friends have subs and I'm envious. I just don't want to drop $200 on something that will totally **** and probably break down. I keep finding mixed reviews on this mtx kit. I'll sleep on it.

tf3090 is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

While we are still talking about the MTX package, I heard it is pretty good, except for the amp. If i were to just get the box + the subs, but a beefier amp for them, what amp would you guys recommend?

Wingman0121 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

The customer's feedback on that MTX package is like 4.5 out of 5 or something. If I was looking for my first system this would be it.

Sold to: Mills561, Kross6622, sleazebagger, shpatb, esmokah
    Traded: Kross6622
    Bought from: DJ Nitrous 427, 97maxima

disturbed471985 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Save more money. That setup is fine if you are just wanting to add a lil bass to ur factory setup but thats it.

RIP Maynard "My heart"

HU - Eclipse CD7000
    Front Stage - 5 Silver flute 6.5's - 6 Seas Prestige tweets Soon to be FS
    Front Stage amp - DB Drive A7 125.4 For Sale In amp section
    Subwoofer - 3 Skar VVX 10's & 2 TRF Blacks For Sale in Sub Section
    Subwoofer Amp - 2 - Skar SK-2500's & Sundown 5k & 2 Nendo bc2000's For Sale in Amp section
    Box - 4.25cf tuned to 30hz using a 6" internal aero 15" long.. Free
    Wiring - Knukonceptz everything, Big 3, Sprinter S12V370F & HC1800 Soon to be all FS

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ok, I bought the MTX terminator package. We'll see how it goes.

I also got this wiring 4 guage wiring kit.

I hope this works out ok. Thanks for all the great input.

I'll post up pics and a review when I get it installed in a couple weeks.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I installed the MTX Terminator package into my 1992 BMW 525i. I must say, for the price, it bangs pretty hard and tight. I'm pleased with the purchase and would recommend it to anyone on my kind of budget.

Here are the main points about the terminators:

The build quality is really solid. The enclosure is well built and substantial. It looks god and the logo embroidery and carpeting is well done. The amp doesn't feel cheap or flimsy. The subs look cool and seem to be OK build quality. I'm a novice so that's all I can say about that. The enclosure and subs is heavy though, so keep that in mind.

Installing is very straightforward. The subs come installed and wired into the enclosure, so it's just a few wires to run in the car and you're done. My car was annoying to run the RCA's and remote turn on wire, but it wasn't complicated, just cramped and finicky. Luckily, my car battery is underneath the backseat, so I didn't have to run the power wire more than two feet.

Tuning the sub was easy, I just set it to LPF and tuned it to around 80 Hz. I have the gain set to max, but I don't think the current amp can output enough watts to really damage the subs. LET ME KNOW IF I'M WRONG PLEASE! The clipping lights don't go on at all so I think i'm good.

The setup sounds good to me. It is by no means wimpy, and it can definitely bang pretty hard for the money. You won't be disappointed there, but don't expect it to shatter windows. Kick drums sound pretty tight and long bass notes sound powerful. I realize that the RMS output of the amp is lower than the RMS rating for the subs, so a more powerful amp would DEFINITELY improve the performance. I might upgrade in several months. I would be content with this amp though as I don't want to bang at the maximum levels very often.

I listened to some WuTang, Skrillex, Arch Enemy, Zed's Dead, and DJ Shadow. All of them sounded great with the big bass. I haven't tried any other genres besides HipHop, Dubstep, and Metal so i'm not sure how great it will be with rock. I've only had the system in for a day.

I'm pleased with this package and would recommend it to anyone on a tight budget. But I do recommend that you get a good quality wiring kit as the cheapo ebay one that I bought was not true to gauge and left me about two feet short on the RCA's and Remote turn on.

Thanks so much to everyone that helped me out here. It's so cool actually having BASS in my car!

supramkivtt2jz is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My entire setup cost me $375 - kappa components up front, kappa 2 ways in back, boston acoustics 5 channel amp, alpine type r 10", kicker zck44 wiring kit, and box.

sub and box cost me $50, wiring $75. the amp is what is going to knock you out of your price range

Fiendstolemyamp is offline Call of the Wintermoon

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Euthyphro View Post
    Tuning the sub was easy, I just set it to LPF and tuned it to around 80 Hz. I have the gain set to max, but I don't think the current amp can output enough watts to really damage the subs. LET ME KNOW IF I'M WRONG PLEASE! The clipping lights don't go on at all so I think i'm good.
    As long as you're not sending a clipped signal you should be golden.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The LPF setting is fine.

I would reconsider turning the gain to max. Even though the clipping light does not come on. May want to back it down 1/4 turn just to be on the safe side.

spljim is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

hit up ebay you can get what I got a ROCKFORD FOSGATE R500-1 and one SUNDOWN AUDIO SA-8 D4 8" sub

porksoda is offline Dakota GOD!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spljim View Post
    hit up ebay you can get what I got a ROCKFORD FOSGATE R500-1 and one SUNDOWN AUDIO SA-8 D4 8" sub
    Is this like a package deal somewhere?

My truck build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/111744-1998-dodge-dakota-build/page__pid__1565536#entry1565536

spljim is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

just look for each on ebay NEW 2011 Rockford Fosgate R500-1 Channel Amplifier | eBay NEW SUNDOWN AUDIO SA-8 D4 8" DVC 4 OHM SUBWOOFER | eBay it is onely $15 over the $250 you wont to spind I have never had a 8" sub befor but this thing hits hard

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast