Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 21

Reload Thread: Fi, DD, Sa

  1. #1
    Tbsh's Avatar
    Tbsh is offline Hai.



    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Melbourne, Fl
    Posts
    136
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Icon32 Fi, DD, Sa

    Ok I'm looking to get either 2 Fi Q 12s 2 DD 2512 or 2 Sa 12s which of these 3 setup would get the loudest and cleanest sounding running off 2 powerbass 2000 watt amps. With 1 extra battery and stock alt.( for the moment).also which enclosure would be best for these subs,they would be playing a lot of rap/hip hop music and would be ran hard daily.







  2. #2
    Bettr n' Revrse's Avatar
    Bettr n' Revrse is offline I do what I want



    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Grand Junction, CO
    Posts
    16,839
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

    Re: Fi, DD, Sa

    Id go with the DD's first then the Fi's... Enclosure is gunna depend on which ones you end up with...




    Western Rep.

    99 Honda CRV: (Always Changing) ___________ 79 F-150: Show Truck ________________
    -Head Unit: Eclipse CD7100________________ -Head Unit: Eclipse CD7100
    -Sub Stage: Sundown SD-2 8's sealed________ -Sub Stage: Looking
    -Mids/Highs: Deciding_____________________ -Mids/Highs: Scan Speak & Blaupunkt
    -Sub Amp: MMATS Hifi 6 channel____________ -Sub Amp: American Warrior Set (Zed Built)
    -Mid Amp: ^^^ 5/6 bridged at 1 ohm_________ -Mid Amp: ^^^

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Transient
    Posts
    362
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Fi, DD, Sa

    we don't even know what you are putting these in. give us some info.




  4. #4
    Suicide Bobb's Avatar
    Suicide Bobb is offline SPLC Fails



    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Camas, Washington
    Age
    22
    Posts
    6,348
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

    Re: Fi, DD, Sa

    Quote Originally Posted by Bettr n' Revrse View Post
    Id go with the DD's first then the Fi's... Enclosure is gunna depend on which ones you end up with...
    This ^^^

    The 2500 series is their best sq sub, same with the Q for FI. The SA-series are SQL drivers. This is the wrong question to ask a forum that hugs so dearly on each of said brands, because all you are going to get is a bunch of biased opinions where people say that X sub is the best choice, of which coincidentally is the only sub of the three that they have tried.

    Don't listen to what anyone here says unless they have tried all three. Very few, if anyone here has.



    Quote Originally Posted by benbenondatrack View Post
    when i see small subs i just think of a girl, 12s = teenagers, 15s = man, 18 = King Kong Mandingo Warrior

  5. #5
    Bettr n' Revrse's Avatar
    Bettr n' Revrse is offline I do what I want



    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Grand Junction, CO
    Posts
    16,839
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

    Re: Fi, DD, Sa

    I say DD cuz I run a 2512 (FS BTW) and I love the quality of it...




    Western Rep.

    99 Honda CRV: (Always Changing) ___________ 79 F-150: Show Truck ________________
    -Head Unit: Eclipse CD7100________________ -Head Unit: Eclipse CD7100
    -Sub Stage: Sundown SD-2 8's sealed________ -Sub Stage: Looking
    -Mids/Highs: Deciding_____________________ -Mids/Highs: Scan Speak & Blaupunkt
    -Sub Amp: MMATS Hifi 6 channel____________ -Sub Amp: American Warrior Set (Zed Built)
    -Mid Amp: ^^^ 5/6 bridged at 1 ohm_________ -Mid Amp: ^^^

  6. #6
    09civic's Avatar
    09civic is online now CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Melbourne, FL
    Posts
    6,829
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

    Re: Fi, DD, Sa

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverb View Post
    Ok I'm looking to get either 2 Fi Q 12s 2 DD 2512 or 2 Sa 12s which of these 3 setup would get the loudest and cleanest sounding running off 2 powerbass 2000 watt amps. With 1 extra battery and stock alt.( for the moment).also which enclosure would be best for these subs,they would be playing a lot of rap/hip hop music and would be ran hard daily.
    DD for sound quality. Gonna fry those amps without new alt. 4-4.5 cubes ported.




  7. #7
    galacticmonkey's Avatar
    galacticmonkey is offline Wants a button like that.



    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    7,675
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Fi, DD, Sa

    Ive heard or played with all 3 subs multiple times.

    Id take the Q, the SA, then the DD. And keep in mine, youre going to need to upgrade the battery, or maybe even get another, to run 4k.




  8. #8
    Bettr n' Revrse's Avatar
    Bettr n' Revrse is offline I do what I want



    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Grand Junction, CO
    Posts
    16,839
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

    Re: Fi, DD, Sa

    Quote Originally Posted by galacticmonkey View Post
    Ive heard or played with all 3 subs multiple times.

    Id take the Q, the SA, then the DD. And keep in mine, youre going to need to upgrade the battery, or maybe even get another, to run 4k.
    If he is only looking at 2 idk why he would even need the other amp...




    Western Rep.

    99 Honda CRV: (Always Changing) ___________ 79 F-150: Show Truck ________________
    -Head Unit: Eclipse CD7100________________ -Head Unit: Eclipse CD7100
    -Sub Stage: Sundown SD-2 8's sealed________ -Sub Stage: Looking
    -Mids/Highs: Deciding_____________________ -Mids/Highs: Scan Speak & Blaupunkt
    -Sub Amp: MMATS Hifi 6 channel____________ -Sub Amp: American Warrior Set (Zed Built)
    -Mid Amp: ^^^ 5/6 bridged at 1 ohm_________ -Mid Amp: ^^^

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Transient
    Posts
    362
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Fi, DD, Sa

    i want your keyboard.




  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Transient
    Posts
    362
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Fi, DD, Sa

    he still has not said what he's piloting. it's a waveguide for sure (but of infinite taper and loss values until we know what the vehicle is) which means it is impossible to give valid recommendation for subwoofers.

    Guy calls in to Footlocker 30 minutes before the olympic marathon and says "I need the best running shoe." Salesperson says "*****, I got the perfect one for you it's the Nike blah blah blah 2000." So the Peruvian barefoot running world champion puts the shoes on and sprains his ankle 15 steps into the race.




  11. #11
    09civic's Avatar
    09civic is online now CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Melbourne, FL
    Posts
    6,829
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

    Re: Fi, DD, Sa

    Quote Originally Posted by FtheNutHuggers View Post
    he still has not said what he's piloting. it's a waveguide for sure (but of infinite taper and loss values until we know what the vehicle is) which means it is impossible to give valid recommendation for subwoofers.

    Guy calls in to Footlocker 30 minutes before the olympic marathon and says "I need the best running shoe." Salesperson says "*****, I got the perfect one for you it's the Nike blah blah blah 2000." So the Peruvian barefoot running world champion puts the shoes on and sprains his ankle 15 steps into the race.
    he drives a 2000 pontiac grand prix iirc




  12. #12
    Tbsh's Avatar
    Tbsh is offline Hai.

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Melbourne, Fl
    Posts
    136
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Fi, DD, Sa

    Oh sorry, the vehicle It's going in is a grand prix in the trunk but it can go in the back seat if necessary or wherever.




  13. #13
    09civic's Avatar
    09civic is online now CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Melbourne, FL
    Posts
    6,829
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

    Re: Fi, DD, Sa

    Quote Originally Posted by FtheNutHuggers View Post
    i want your keyboard.
    Why have the button when your girlfriend says it to you every night?




  14. #14
    wickedwitt's Avatar
    wickedwitt is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Abilene, TX
    Posts
    2,984
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    5
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

    Re: Fi, DD, Sa

    Quote Originally Posted by sex4ears View Post
    Why have the button when your girlfriend says it to you every night?
    I wish my wife did it to me every night...



    Stupid Loud.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Transient
    Posts
    362
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Fi, DD, Sa

    question: if it "can" go in the back seat....."can" we recommend a full wall or is that out of the question....wait.....in the question....no, wait.....out.....uh......yeah.




Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
1e2 Forum