Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reload Thread: help me pick some nice sub(s)

woody2193 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

help me pick some nice sub(s)

i drive a 1999 eclipse and currently have 2 10 inch xplods in there (Lol). Im looking for something a little better sounding and lot better hitting.

The amp i have is a vibe 268 2000/1000w rms claimed power (2x30a fuses). Im lookin to get 1 or 2 12s but space is somewhat limited as the trunk in a eclipse isnt huge. i could fit a 3 cube box in there probably. Im trying to keep my budget for the new subs under $250. The problem is i dont know what sub setup to run.

I have been looking into getting 1 solobaric l7 ported, or possibly 2 re srx ported, but im sure there are better options. What kind of sub should i get? 1? 2? enclosure recommendation ?

Kangaroux is online now I put on

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Re: help me pick some nice sub(s)

some quick estimation math says that an amp with 60a worth of fuses should be able to pull ~850w safely on a 14v system. Assuming the gain isn't all the way up that gives you about ~750w to work with which would match a SA-12 quite well.

If your amp is 1 ohm stable, get this:

NEW SUNDOWN AUDIO SA-12 D2 12" DVC 2 OHM SUBWOOFER | eBay

otherwise get this:

NEW SUNDOWN AUDIO SA-12 D4 12" DVC 4 OHM SUBWOOFER | eBay

09civic is online now CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

i thought eclipse's had a fairly big trunk...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Don't waste your money. Do you have someone around there that can build a box VERY WELL?

akheathen is offline trianoacitol contraceptiv akheathen is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FtheNutHuggers View Post
    Don't waste your money. Do you have someone around there that can build a box VERY WELL?
    are you suggesting that explode 10's just need a better box? the cones just warp under pressure. i've heard the best they can do, without building a large enclosure in the labyrinth family.... single 12, or dual 10's with 300wrms/ea in vented should do well. dd, and sundown, have these for good price. think about how you are going to wire the coils for the highest output from your amp, before ordering. i.e. if your amp is 1ohm, or 2x2ohm stable, look at d2 for the 12, or d4 for a pair of 10's.

*IF I have forgotten to exchange feedback, please let me know*
    i buy broken amps....
    No, i will not "gift" paypal. please do not even make it awkward by asking. if the fees are an issue, I am usually inclined to add them. unless you have discount elsewhere, shipping is through usps flat rate, through usps parcel post, or through the roof..... i am in alaska. thanks
    -Heath H-

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

$60 box design. $200 (roughly) box cost. no change in subs, no change in amps. and when people flag you down and pack their Geldans with ***** after they find out what you've got making that noise.....it'll make the small expense worth it. Everyone knows Xplod subs, most know them to be dookie and would make fun if you said that's what you had before you showed them.....priceless look on their face man. wait for the smell though and put it on YouTube; folks sh!tting their socks is good stuff.

Cruzer is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

this fits perfect imo. sounds great, will hit pretty good, cost $127 free shipping($254 plus tax shipped to ur door), they only need .6-7 cubic foot ported(can go larger if want more spl)

Dayton Audio RSS265HO-4 10" Reference HO Subwoofer 4 Ohm

1.5 cubes ported is easily under the 3 cube limit after port displacement

or if u want sealed, dayton hf 12s would work

Head Unit: Pioneer 800PRS | Tweets: Vifa BC25SC06-04 1" Textile Dome | Mids: Dayton RS180 | Speaker Amp: Infinity Kappa Four | Sub: Dayton HO 15" | Sub Amp: AQ1200D
    refs:http://www.caraudio.com/forum/buyer-seller-feedback/485413-cruzer-feedback.html
    Legal disclaimer... this is my own personal opinion that I have made from my own personal experience and based on my own personal tastes. At no time have I implied that anyone is wrong in their own opinions and you need to make a decision based on your own opinions.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Im pretty good myself and i already have mdf board.

PhishHead is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have a 12'' Ia lethal Injection I could let go for 130 shipped. It's a d4. It's a wicked stout sub. I also have a box for it if you are interested. I could do box and sub for 200 plus shipping. The box is double baffle and flush mount so three front baffles. All made of 3/4'' mdf tuned to 33hz. Box is 2.5 cubic feet by the way. If you are interested let me know and we can work something out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

then take whatcha got, go to pwkdesigns.com, fill in all the info with help from the audio assist.......then see what he says. it's free to get his opinion and you won't be able to get a better physics-backed recommendation.

bhsdriller is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Pwk....lol

Team Flex Issues
    4 18" Mayhems
    2 bc5500's

Bought from: ameduce(x2), Hatchet_Warrior, jeeper07,DB_DRAG_SPL,ssackett, lyttleviet,MillzThaYungin, blackbonnie, ryan1126, Goindef154(x2), Lonnie, dave_damage

Sold to: Ilovebass, nismos14, chednompton, teen, jonesy

slim2fattycake is offline rolling right along

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

then take whatcha got, go to pwkdesigns.com, fill in all the info with help from the audio assist.......then see what he says. it's free to get his opinion and you won't be able to get a better physics-backed recommendation.
    Right... lol.

SPL-Lab REP

Want an SPL meter for a lot less than the cost of a Termlab, but just as accurate and has more features and support? PM me.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kangaroux View Post
    some quick estimation math says that an amp with 60a worth of fuses should be able to pull ~850w safely on a 14v system. Assuming the gain isn't all the way up that gives you about ~750w to work with which would match a SA-12 quite well.

If your amp is 1 ohm stable, get this:

NEW SUNDOWN AUDIO SA-12 D2 12" DVC 2 OHM SUBWOOFER | eBay

otherwise get this:

NEW SUNDOWN AUDIO SA-12 D4 12" DVC 4 OHM SUBWOOFER | eBay
    I looked into your suggestion of the SA 12 and liked what i saw. My amp is only stable down to 2 ohms. but if i ran my amp in bridged mode to a 2 ohm sub wouldnt the amp be under a 4 ohm load? so shouldnt i get the dual 2 ohm sub?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

No you want a dual 4 which is just so happens what my sub is. That way you can wire it down to 2 ohms. I've got a youtube video if you would like to see.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast