Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Reload Thread: help me pick some nice sub(s)

Cruzer is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: help me pick some nice sub(s)

amp does 800x2@2ohm right so if u get dual 2 ohm, u can put 800 on each coil i believe. get someone else opinion before u buy just to make sure. i might be wrong

Head Unit: Pioneer 800PRS | Tweets: Vifa BC25SC06-04 1" Textile Dome | Mids: Dayton RS180 | Speaker Amp: Infinity Kappa Four | Sub: Dayton HO 15" | Sub Amp: AQ1200D
    refs:http://www.caraudio.com/forum/buyer-seller-feedback/485413-cruzer-feedback.html
    Legal disclaimer... this is my own personal opinion that I have made from my own personal experience and based on my own personal tastes. At no time have I implied that anyone is wrong in their own opinions and you need to make a decision based on your own opinions.

pro-rabbit is offline Moderator pro-rabbit is a Supporting Member of the forum!

pro-rabbit is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    374 Post(s)

what type of budget do you have to work with? Also, there is a good deal of room in the back of that car. I have built many enclosures and you can get a good 4ft3 back there if you want.

I would suggest getting a different amp though, as that Vibe is not going to do to much and will be holding you back.

akheathen is offline trianoacitol contraceptiv akheathen is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

i have not seen anywhere that the vibe is compliant with power rating, and you just don't get 1600wrms out of 60a power, without the voltage being bucked real high, imho. real-world, i would give it somewhere closer to the 600rms total range, maybe 800. just something to keep in mind.

*IF I have forgotten to exchange feedback, please let me know*
    i buy broken amps....
    No, i will not "gift" paypal. please do not even make it awkward by asking. if the fees are an issue, I am usually inclined to add them. unless you have discount elsewhere, shipping is through usps flat rate, through usps parcel post, or through the roof..... i am in alaska. thanks
    -Heath H-

05fronty is offline SALT PETER

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FtheNutHuggers View Post
    $60 box design. $200 (roughly) box cost. no change in subs, no change in amps. and when people flag you down and pack their Geldans with ***** after they find out what you've got making that noise.....it'll make the small expense worth it. Everyone knows Xplod subs, most know them to be dookie and would make fun if you said that's what you had before you showed them.....priceless look on their face man. wait for the smell though and put it on YouTube; folks sh!tting their socks is good stuff.
    got my daily lutz

bought from ridinhi,vitveet,dbr,sicaudio and 99grandprixgt, and more ........... sold to player3,foomasta69, pitbull, brodiesel and dragnix 12887 traded with louisiana crx

"noobs that come in the dome will get gang raped!"
    nothing but a stock fosgate system with gps and back up camera lol
    2012 nissan sentra spec v with some goodies cumming though

woody2193 is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The amp is for sure not going to put out 1600w rms at 2 ohms, but it will put out at least 850 rms... Wouldnt this match one sa 12 in a 1.7 ft^3 ported box tuned to 30hz pretty well? or do you think that i should get a new amp? Im only looking to spend about 200 dollars plus whatever money i can get for my current subs/amp.

akheathen is offline trianoacitol contraceptiv akheathen is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

well, even if it does not get the 850, you will still be better focusing on the sub and enclosure. even 400watts can get you there for now. so, go for that sa12, build the box, then sell your other subs on cl for whatever catches bites. then, you can put that money, and look around for a better amp, if you still want to

*IF I have forgotten to exchange feedback, please let me know*
    i buy broken amps....
    No, i will not "gift" paypal. please do not even make it awkward by asking. if the fees are an issue, I am usually inclined to add them. unless you have discount elsewhere, shipping is through usps flat rate, through usps parcel post, or through the roof..... i am in alaska. thanks
    -Heath H-

7. Thanks woody2193 thanked for this post
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2