Reload Thread: RD audio vs. DC audio

outsideshot23 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: RD audio vs. DC audio

Quote Originally Posted by Whattha View Post
    Joel Cox is the owner of RD Audio and I know him personally. I dont know what your talking bout poor customer service because every time I have called the phone has been answered and they are always more than accomodating on helping me out even if its not there products. As far as being better than DC I have no dout that any RD sub would smash any comparable DC sub. Joel has made every effort to make right what Steve Miller has done to RD Audio. Give em a call and speak to Joel or Ty super good guys.
    ty is working there now? lol..

First hair trick... more to come -----> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbfADio5CjQ

158.1@44hz usaci
    155.5 @44hz Usaci Streatbeat
    154.7@44hz MECA
    130.4@44hz MECA Driveby

Team XS power
    Team SecondSkin

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denim View Post
    Because there a high quantity of a certain brand in competition means they are superior?

There is sarcasm in that question as it is a tired and ultimately worthless argument to the masses. It is a tired tactic a company can flood the scene by giving away a ton of free or uber cheap product, then suddenly their product is so much better then everyone else's.
    thats exactly what im saying.. i know guys that have been doing it for 20 years and test 4-5 hours a night after work and 12+ hours every weekend.. believe me.. its no coincidence the big boys in the sport run rd/atomic .. more of a sign you should be looking at...

First hair trick... more to come -----> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbfADio5CjQ

158.1@44hz usaci
    154.7@44hz MECA
    130.4@44hz MECA Driveby

Team XS power
    Team SecondSkin

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pro-rabbit View Post

lool.. please show a pic comparing a DD coil and a rd hw coil.. the gap on the DDs is super tight and they have a paper this cone.. i will bet HW coils are twice as thick

DD/AQ this is all

lool.. please show a pic comparing a DD coil and a rd hw coil.. the gap on the DDs is super tight and they have a paper this cone.. i will bet HW coils are twice as thick
    theres a reason DD only rates their subs for a couple k

---------- Post added at 02:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 PM ----------

no need to make arguments everyone has thioer brands they like... but if you like DC bring it to the lanes and i promise you an RD setup will walk that as s

158.1@44hz usaci
    154.7@44hz MECA
    130.4@44hz MECA Driveby

Team XS power
    Team SecondSkin

pro-rabbit is offline Moderator pro-rabbit is a Supporting Member of the forum!

pro-rabbit is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Why would you think thicker is better? That is a flawed since of logic.

denim is offline SSAudio.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by outsideshot23 View Post
    thats exactly what im saying.. i know guys that have been doing it for 20 years and test 4-5 hours a night after work and 12+ hours every weekend.. believe me.. its no coincidence the big boys in the sport run rd/atomic .. more of a sign you should be looking at...
    What about all the 'big boy's' that run DD, IA, Sundown, etc. etc. etc. It should mean nothing to the masses, they are not doing loads of testing to find out what is best for their install. An increase of .3 in a certain SPL competition application holds zero water (in common sense) to the countless "ground pounder" types that just care about loud to the ear and bouncing their cell phone on their roof. Meaning that just because a certain driver that is a little louder, in a certain competition association in very specific SPL application, it does not make it a better driver for the every day average customer.

It is like Bentley touting their race car program, it means nothing in actual application in the real world as none of their customers are driving any where near close to those limitations.

CarAudio.com mod(original)

Liquid Bass is offline Midwest Militia

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I think of all the subs I own my Rd alpha is noticeably better made. Iv beat the heck out of it on 2k and it takes it like a champ. However when I had my audiopipe it got hot just like any other sub would. I think that amp was **** lol Theres a major problem when it heats up an hcca @ a 4 ohm load

system 1:
    Car:04 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
    Sub: Tc Sounds 3000 quad 15
    Amp: Audio Pipe Ap1500.1
    Head unit: Eclipse AVN7000
    Big 3: 1/0
    System 2:
    Car: Gf's Pontiac G6 GT
    Sub: Orion HCCA 12.4
    Amp: Audio Pipe Ap3000d

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denim View Post
    What about all the 'big boy's' that run DD, IA, Sundown, etc. etc. etc. It should mean nothing to the masses, they are not doing loads of testing to find out what is best for their install. An increase of .3 in a certain SPL competition application holds zero water (in common sense) to the countless "ground pounder" types that just care about loud to the ear and bouncing their cell phone on their roof. Meaning that just because a certain driver that is a little louder, in a certain competition association in very specific SPL application, it does not make it a better driver for the every day average customer.

It is like Bentley touting their race car program, it means nothing in actual application in the real world as none of their customers are driving any where near close to those limitations.
    i would put sundown right up ther with RD especially amps.. but DD/aq or DC.. your dreaming.. and throw all the specific setup out of it.. run a dc or dd sub ion a spec box and an rd sub in spec box to spec power and see what comes out on top.. and if a guy knows one is louder by .3 .. whether hes going to competition or not hes going to buy it sop he can say well mines better then this brand and this brand by .3 blah blah.. just the way it is.. Like i have said if hes looking for sq or some good sounding sub i doubt he would be looking at a lvl 4.. so obviously he just wants to be loud and i told him the loudest line of subs... anyone who competes on a regular basis knows this.. ask pro rabbit.. i know he likes the DD but whats winning in the lanes right now on a very consistent basis??? RD

158.1@44hz usaci
    154.7@44hz MECA
    130.4@44hz MECA Driveby

Team XS power
    Team SecondSkin

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pro-rabbit View Post
    Why would you think thicker is better? That is a flawed since of logic.
    my 20k+ rms im running cares.. DD does not make a sub other then probly the Z that i would not smoke... and what do they cost??? and i can get an 18" HW and take it all day and cost me 400 bucks... simple as that

158.1@44hz usaci
    154.7@44hz MECA
    130.4@44hz MECA Driveby

Team XS power
    Team SecondSkin

whitedragon551 is offline Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)

cmon man really.. lol.. same logo.. and anyone who picks their company based on logo anyways is an idiot
    If they were the same they would be identical. They are not. They are similar.

CA.com FAQ's
    CA.com TOS Agreement
    Forum Rules

HU: ///Alpine 9887, KCE-400BT, KCE-433IV, KTX-100EQ Imprint, 8Gb iPod Touch
    Front Mids: Eclipse SC6500
    Front Tweeters: Morel made Xtant 28MM Silks
    Subs: Audiomobile Evo 10" TC2+
    Enclosure: 1.1 Cubes sealed with 10 Ounces Poly Fill
    Amp: Audio Systems Twister F6 380 III

whitedragon551 is offline Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)

i would put sundown right up ther with RD especially amps.. but DD/aq or DC.. your dreaming.. and throw all the specific setup out of it.. run a dc or dd sub ion a spec box and an rd sub in spec box to spec power and see what comes out on top.. and if a guy knows one is louder by .3 .. whether hes going to competition or not hes going to buy it sop he can say well mines better then this brand and this brand by .3 blah blah.. just the way it is.. Like i have said if hes looking for sq or some good sounding sub i doubt he would be looking at a lvl 4.. so obviously he just wants to be loud and i told him the loudest line of subs... anyone who competes on a regular basis knows this.. ask pro rabbit.. i know he likes the DD but whats winning in the lanes right now on a very consistent basis??? RD
    Sometimes you talk out of your ass. The Level 4 is a great SQ woofer if done properly. They were on par with the Image Dynamics ID series. Im sure you dont know SQ if it hits you in the face though.

CA.com FAQ's
    CA.com TOS Agreement
    Forum Rules

HU: ///Alpine 9887, KCE-400BT, KCE-433IV, KTX-100EQ Imprint, 8Gb iPod Touch
    Front Mids: Eclipse SC6500
    Front Tweeters: Morel made Xtant 28MM Silks
    Subs: Audiomobile Evo 10" TC2+
    Enclosure: 1.1 Cubes sealed with 10 Ounces Poly Fill
    Amp: Audio Systems Twister F6 380 III

JL Audio is offline ThugStep

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

I used to be a rep/graphic design artist for RD... when evan from havok audio was also a rep, he and steve are/were both idiots.

They still used a ton of my site design/graphics on most of their stuff and all the sigs I made as well.
    Hell as far as I know they still use the logo on the boxes if they are truly still around.

Needless to say, I wouldn't touch RD with an infinity foot pole.
    Shits' wrecked thanks to steve... sorry to whomever bought that pos from a pos.

IM GONNA FIRE MY LAZER AND SUCH.

pro-rabbit is offline Moderator pro-rabbit is a Supporting Member of the forum!

pro-rabbit is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

my 20k+ rms im running cares.. DD does not make a sub other then probly the Z that i would not smoke... and what do they cost??? and i can get an 18" HW and take it all day and cost me 400 bucks... simple as that

The DD coil will take more power and for longer periods then the RD...

I have been around long enough to see this situation many times.

DD has been the sub of choice for way to long. There are always "other" products that show up from time to time. One thing has stayed the same though. DD always sticks around others do not.

denim is offline SSAudio.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)

And that is the stupidity of it all, it is not better as it is not their application. Side note, I have been a spectator at 3 shows in my area this year, did not see a single RD. Saw plenty of DD, Fi, and T3.

CarAudio.com mod(original)

marcin93 is offline Senior VIP Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

wow...i created one hell of a discussion here haha. But for those who were asking, at the time I wanted to know which one of those two specific subs are better over all( SPL wise and somewhat SQ, whatever little amount of SQ they have...). But now out of curiosity..... Im tryin to find the real winner between these two companies, product wise and customer service. Also, how does RD compare to other "top dog" company's???

JL Audio is offline ThugStep

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by marcin93 View Post
    wow...i created one hell of a discussion here haha. But for those who were asking, at the time I wanted to know which one of those two specific subs are better over all( SPL wise and somewhat SQ, whatever little amount of SQ they have...). But now out of curiosity..... Im tryin to find the real winner between these two companies, product wise and customer service. Also, how does RD compare to other "top dog" company's???
    you've already gotten this answer... read people's posts and base an opinion off of it from that. I was a sales rep for RD and I wouldn't touch their products as I said. my 2 cents.

go from there.

IM GONNA FIRE MY LAZER AND SUCH.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast