Closed Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Reload Thread: name that motor

  1. #1
    fasfocus00's Avatar
    fasfocus00 is online now doITdaWHITEwayORdoITtwice



    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Posts
    5,385
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

    name that motor

    okay so the larger one is from a AB VFL 1522 (TC9?), what's the other one? both have 2 .75" slugs and 3" gaps.







    Here is my feedback Thread: http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showth...ght=fasfocus00

    "If you ain't cheatin', You ain't trying"




  2. #2
    Kangaroux's Avatar
    Kangaroux is offline I put on



    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    9,604
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

    Re: name that motor

    some more pics?




  3. #3
    SPLaudio's Avatar
    SPLaudio is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    upstate ny
    Posts
    6,602
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    295 Post(s)

    Re: name that motor

    tc7 that twazzz ez




  4. #4
    Bettr n' Revrse's Avatar
    Bettr n' Revrse is offline I do what I want



    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Grand Junction, CO
    Posts
    16,839
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

    Re: name that motor

    Side shots




    Western Rep.

    99 Honda CRV: (Always Changing) ___________ 79 F-150: Show Truck ________________
    -Head Unit: Eclipse CD7100________________ -Head Unit: Eclipse CD7100
    -Sub Stage: Sundown SD-2 8's sealed________ -Sub Stage: Looking
    -Mids/Highs: Deciding_____________________ -Mids/Highs: Scan Speak & Blaupunkt
    -Sub Amp: MMATS Hifi 6 channel____________ -Sub Amp: American Warrior Set (Zed Built)
    -Mid Amp: ^^^ 5/6 bridged at 1 ohm_________ -Mid Amp: ^^^

  5. #5
    ciaonzo's Avatar
    ciaonzo is offline TheContinental



    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    WI
    Age
    39
    Posts
    9,234
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

    Re: name that motor

    Quote Originally Posted by SPLaudio View Post
    tc7 that twazzz ez
    Winna winna, chicken dinna. TC7 next to a TC9. Next question.



    Quote Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
    Saying "clipping doesn't kill speakers" is a half-truth at best. Technically no, clipping itself does not hurt the speaker. But in clipping your amp, you can easily create a situation that WILL kill the speaker. Was the squared waveform the DIRECT cause of the failure? No. In the end, the answer is, always has been, and can only be... heat kills speakers. BUT, clipping increases heat generation, sometimes by a drastic amount. So to start a thread simply to state that clipping does not hurt speakers is, again, a half-truth at best.

  6. #6
    ciaonzo's Avatar
    ciaonzo is offline TheContinental



    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    WI
    Age
    39
    Posts
    9,234
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

    Re: name that motor

    Bishin' red floor tiles, BTW.



    Quote Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
    Saying "clipping doesn't kill speakers" is a half-truth at best. Technically no, clipping itself does not hurt the speaker. But in clipping your amp, you can easily create a situation that WILL kill the speaker. Was the squared waveform the DIRECT cause of the failure? No. In the end, the answer is, always has been, and can only be... heat kills speakers. BUT, clipping increases heat generation, sometimes by a drastic amount. So to start a thread simply to state that clipping does not hurt speakers is, again, a half-truth at best.

  7. #7
    fasfocus00's Avatar
    fasfocus00 is online now doITdaWHITEwayORdoITtwice

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Posts
    5,385
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

    Re: name that motor

    Quote Originally Posted by ciaonzo View Post
    Winna winna, chicken dinna. TC7 next to a TC9. Next question.
    next question, is my only option for a drop in recone kit getting PSI to make one. does Fi or another company have a drop in kit for this motor?

    Quote Originally Posted by ciaonzo View Post
    Bishin' red floor tiles, BTW.
    that's actually my floor tiles in my garage/workout room. I have some extra if you want, lol.



    Here is my feedback Thread: http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showth...ght=fasfocus00

    "If you ain't cheatin', You ain't trying"

  8. #8
    nateberrier's Avatar
    nateberrier is offline ******



    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Douche, Ohio
    Posts
    4,641
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    3
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

    Re: name that motor

    Quote Originally Posted by fasfocus00 View Post
    next question, is my only option for a drop in recone kit getting PSI to make one. does Fi or another company have a drop in kit for this motor?



    that's actually my floor tiles in my garage/workout room. I have some extra if you want, lol.
    I think COREY DEAN might be able to do it, but Ive had a TC7 and TC9 done by Dave and had a TC9 done by SPLAUDIO and they all turned out awesome, I liked coreys price and work best.



    Refs: mrmakinmoves[SCAMMER] AKA ICHASEPAPER2010, skydeaner, fukinmovin, mossberg385t, grimreper912003, LBC99, Dbeez, Michaellane, thegreatestpenn, truckstoy, ge_off_me, btr, cupid6969, johnprdeye, jh8909, tylerj, UMWDawg92, nu2spl, zerosktr111, SPLAUDIO, $LICK CALIFA$, jfroghobo

    http://www.execution-audio.com/

  9. #9
    SPLaudio's Avatar
    SPLaudio is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    upstate ny
    Posts
    6,602
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    295 Post(s)

    Re: name that motor

    i would be more than happy to recone for you. i actually have a few tc9 motors




Closed Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
1e2 Forum