Reload Thread: What subs to go with?

silveradokid is offline The Hope that lies WITHIN

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Icon10 What subs to go with?

To make things a little more simple. I'm buying two 12" subs and an amp to put under the back seat of my truck, an extended cab Silverado. I'm building the box myself and each chamber will be about 1.25cu.ft. I was planning on putting CVR's in but did some research and now am leaning toward the type r's or the JL w3's. What are the differences between these subs? In general, which ones will hit harder and last longer in the enclosure I'll have? I like SQ but also like a little SPL as well.

Onto the amp, If i was to go with type r's what kind of amp should I get? If I was going with CVR's what amp should I get? And If I went with JL's what amp should I get?
    I will be running 4 gauge wire to the amp.
    Last edited by silveradokid; 04-02-2011 at 12:48 AM.

09civic is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: What subs to go with?

well how much power do you want to be running? whats your budget for all of the other stuff?

their is more to systems other than subs and amps you have your electrical to deal with also.

what are you looking for out of your subs? Sound quality or just to be heard down the block.

lionfamlee is offline Premium Member lionfamlee is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

x2

I am from the Old School Audio era. I collect vintage car audio; I have roughly about 40 plus amps, 20 plus subs, dozens of sets of mids, highs and components, 14 eqs/processors, and numerous other old school equipment. I have several old school jewels amongst my collection. I have also collected some nice Japanese and German made audio while I lived in Japan and Germany. I do bring the new school as well with my six Memphis Mojo's, two AudioQue 3500.1D, RF Power 30001BD, Sundownsubs, etc...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lionfamlee View Post
    x2
    you contributed well lol

lionfamlee is offline Premium Member lionfamlee is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, did you have an alarm on your truck? If not, I would get one before I invest in another system. Once you answer some of the questions from the post above we can better help you. Keep in mind that a good electrical system is key. Also, enclosure quality is a make or break.

I am from the Old School Audio era. I collect vintage car audio; I have roughly about 40 plus amps, 20 plus subs, dozens of sets of mids, highs and components, 14 eqs/processors, and numerous other old school equipment. I have several old school jewels amongst my collection. I have also collected some nice Japanese and German made audio while I lived in Japan and Germany. I do bring the new school as well with my six Memphis Mojo's, two AudioQue 3500.1D, RF Power 30001BD, Sundownsubs, etc...

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I'm going to be building the box myself, so the cost of that doesn't matter as much. And as far as the amps I'm not looking to spend more that $200, I'm pretty sure I can find a used amp that works good for under $200. I'm just not sure what type of amp to get as far as RMS, WATTS, and channels go. As far as power goes, I'm not sure what you mean, I have 4-guage wires running to the amps for power, I will have to rewire a lot of things as well being that whoever stole my stuff cut everything so a lot of it is too short now. I realize that there is more to the bass than just the subs, but with a box underneath the backseat in my truck which I think can fit about 1.25cuft per chamber, what sub and amp combo would be good. I'm asking for the brand of amp, just what type(twochannel, mono, wattts, etc.) I'm looking for more SQ but it would be nice to have some SPL in there too.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lionfamlee View Post
    Oh, did you have an alarm on your truck? If not, I would get one before I invest in another system. Once you answer some of the questions from the post above we can better help you. Keep in mind that a good electrical system is key. Also, enclosure quality is a make or break.
    Yes I have a viper 5900 security system, had it before they stole my stuff. The police officer I talked to said that nobody cares about alarms anymore.

dragnix is online now LXIX

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd go with FI, SSA, Sundown, or Skar. I don't have any experiences with them but everyone raves about them so they have to be good.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dragnix View Post
    I'd go with FI, SSA, Sundown, or Skar. I don't have any experiences with them but everyone raves about them so they have to be good.
    Sundown's are too expensive for me, I'm looking under the $150 price range, and I'm not looking for the loudest subs

xtully is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not so grasshopper, logical fallacy, bandwagon or hasty/sweeping generalization, I forget.. but most on here are newbs, like me, who just repeat what they have heard haha so those companies could ultimately ****, whether or not everyone 'raves' about them.. but I doubt it

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

then what do you have expierence with?

Closed Thread