Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Need Help/Advice

roseda91 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Need Help/Advice

Hey im a NEWB but ive done some research and i put this setup together in my head and i was looking to see if someone who actually knows alot about audio thinks what im thinking is a good idea or a big huge mistake here are the subs,bow, and amp

Subs 2 CVR124 dual 4 ohm

looked at the ported box specs for those subwoofers(Between 1.75 and 2.25 cubic feet) but i found a box which has 3.7 cubic feet

And this amp Hifonics HFI1000

IM TOTALLY NEW so please help me out i would appreciate it if someone who really knows could guide me in the right way im not looking for competition or anything extravagant i just want some good bass for the music i listen to which is mostly reggea and DUB..like i said this is just for me to drive everyday in my car not for competition so i really dont want to spend alot but dont also want something crappy please guide this newb in the right direction THANKS!!!!!!!!

09civic is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Re: Need Help/Advice

first off what is your budget for everything?

what vehicle do you have?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Budget for everything the highest probably 500-600 all together box amp and 2 12s if this is possible..be patient with me im a newb lol and it would be going into a 2001 maxima which has a pretty big trunk

bumpinjack is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

okay if u have a hatch back a jeep a 4 runner for example, u want a ported enclosure because the air flow is constantly moving between the cab of the car and the trunk.if your working with jettas ford tauruses for example which have sealed trunks from the cab u want to go with sealed enclosures.the sound quality makes a big difference trust me i have had both in my day,but any who then your amp is it 2 channel or mono block then can it put out the power u need for the subs at a 4 ohm load the same reading as your subs.

Kangaroux is offline I put on

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)

the stuff you mentioned is pretty junk tbh..

if you want to go with a hifonics amp get the BRZ 1200. the Hfi1000 is terrible. Hifonics' HFI line doesn't do what it says it does, the BRZ is overall better.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

ok so i choose garbage things i kinda had that thought lol what 12s are good not expensive and not crappy either? this is just for me to listen in the car and sound nice not to let the city listen to my bass

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kangaroux View Post
    the stuff you mentioned is pretty junk tbh..

if you want to go with a hifonics amp get the BRZ 1200. the Hfi1000 is terrible. Hifonics' HFI line doesn't do what it says it does, the BRZ is overall better.

Ok so what 2 12s would be good with this BRZ 1200 in an enclosed box since i think my maxima has a sealed trunk thanks for the help by the way

09civic is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bumpinjack View Post
    okay if u have a hatch back a jeep a 4 runner for example, u want a ported enclosure because the air flow is constantly moving between the cab of the car and the trunk.if your working with jettas ford tauruses for example which have sealed trunks from the cab u want to go with sealed enclosures.the sound quality makes a big difference trust me i have had both in my day,but any who then your amp is it 2 channel or mono block then can it put out the power u need for the subs at a 4 ohm load the same reading as your subs.
    um no sir.

their is nothing wrong with having ported or sealed no matter what vehicle it is

Closed Thread