Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Results 46 to 54 of 54

Reload Thread: how much watts are XXX-18 Soundstream Subwoofer really is at rms ???

  1. #46
    elancohen92's Avatar
    elancohen92 is offline F**k yeah I drive a Soul! elancohen92 is a Supporting Member of the forum!



    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Silverthorne, CO
    Posts
    1,265
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: how much watts are XXX-18 Soundstream Subwoofer really is at rms ???

    here is the entire thread wrapped up into maybe 3 lines

    You bought the wrong amp for your system
    You need to sell the amp and with that money you can definitely buy a complete system that will leave you more than happy
    Camaros dont need that much bass anyways



    2010 Kia Soul Sport
    Pioneer FH-P8000BT
    3 Sundown SA-12"s
    Soundstream Rubicon 1600d

    refs? I have refs
    Quote Originally Posted by BayAreaBimmer View Post
    And the big three are subs, an amp, and head unit?




  2. #47
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Binghamton N.Y.
    Posts
    2,334
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

    Re: how much watts are XXX-18 Soundstream Subwoofer really is at rms ???

    Quote Originally Posted by basscort2009 View Post
    ok ok my bad. the answer to the question u are asking is yes. the soundstream xxx18 is good for 10k and up on burps but i dont think it will take 10k for long daily beating. maybe like 5-7k with correct gains and electrical setup.

    hows that for ya pablo?
    here is the truth about the xxx's. they handle crap for power unless you are burpung. had a friend that got 2 xxx 18s. the first was on a rf t2500cp. blew it right up after breaking in for months. then got another on the same amp. same thing happened. then he got a dc lvl 5 18....not one problem yet




  3. #48
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Binghamton N.Y.
    Posts
    2,334
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

    Re: how much watts are XXX-18 Soundstream Subwoofer really is at rms ???

    Quote Originally Posted by elancohen92 View Post
    here is the entire thread wrapped up into maybe 3 lines

    You bought the wrong amp for your system
    You need to sell the amp and with that money you can definitely buy a complete system that will leave you more than happy
    Camaros dont need that much bass anyways
    camaros cant fit that ,much bass. u doubt this kid has a warhorse and if he does.....its still made by kicker id rather go with like 5 aq 2200s for a fraction of the cost and twice the quality.




  4. #49
    SudoGaron's Avatar
    SudoGaron is offline Member



    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Cadiz, Kentucky, United States
    Posts
    68
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: how much watts are XXX-18 Soundstream Subwoofer really is at rms ???

    I've never seen so many post deletions in my life

    I don't know much about the XXX but 10k sustained seems like an exaggeration to me. Ville Audio J and the guy on the first page about burps at 10k seem to be right.

    The amount of power to sustain 10k for daily use seems pretty far up there in complexity compared to a standard setup. Hope you get it figured out and it sounds great!



    2 Door Tahoe - 9" Lift / 35s / 350Vortec / 4.55s / Flowmasters
    Head Unit: Alpine X100
    Highs: Stock
    Mids: 2 prefab 6x9s + Stock door mids
    Sub: 2 SA-15s in a ported box tuned to 32hrz
    Amp: 200W Crap Mid/Highs , MB Quartz 1500.1D

    I'm in the market for replacing my crap with not so crappy crap. If you have suggestions or some deals going on LET ME KNOW!

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Binghamton N.Y.
    Posts
    2,334
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

    Re: how much watts are XXX-18 Soundstream Subwoofer really is at rms ???

    Quote Originally Posted by SudoGaron View Post
    I've never seen so many post deletions in my life

    I don't know much about the XXX but 10k sustained seems like an exaggeration to me. Ville Audio J and the guy on the first page about burps at 10k seem to be right.

    The amount of power to sustain 10k for daily use seems pretty far up there in complexity compared to a standard setup. Hope you get it figured out and it sounds great!
    for sure. it cant handle 3k in a small box. everything was set right. i know someone will say it wasnt but it was.




  6. #51
    wickedwitt's Avatar
    wickedwitt is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Abilene, TX
    Posts
    2,982
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    5
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

    Re: how much watts are XXX-18 Soundstream Subwoofer really is at rms ???

    Quote Originally Posted by pro-rabbit View Post
    I don't agree with that. This amp will take a ton of current regardless of how its installed. He will need a huge electrical to keep up. A cheap alt and a few batteries will only last for so long before the alt/batteries fail and then the amp is next.
    Actually, no. The Warhorse has a current draw knob alongside the gain. It will effectively reduce the maximum concurrent amperes being pulled. A Warhorse can be run to act like a 2000w RMS amp, but that's just a waste of about $1000 worth of amp. It's also a huge waste of space as you could fit 4 2000w amps in the same space. The only thing doing this would have over say a good 2k is it would have absolutely beastly control over the sub(s) on it.



    Stupid Loud.

  7. #52
    pro-rabbit's Avatar
    pro-rabbit is offline Moderator pro-rabbit is a Supporting Member of the forum!

    pro-rabbit is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    OKC, OK
    Age
    32
    Posts
    12,395
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

    Re: how much watts are XXX-18 Soundstream Subwoofer really is at rms ???

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedwitt View Post
    Actually, no. The Warhorse has a current draw knob alongside the gain. It will effectively reduce the maximum concurrent amperes being pulled. A Warhorse can be run to act like a 2000w RMS amp, but that's just a waste of about $1000 worth of amp. It's also a huge waste of space as you could fit 4 2000w amps in the same space. The only thing doing this would have over say a good 2k is it would have absolutely beastly control over the sub(s) on it.
    Ah, I was unaware this amp had such an adjustment. I wonder how functional it is when using it.

    I agree that would be waste.




  8. #53
    wickedwitt's Avatar
    wickedwitt is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Abilene, TX
    Posts
    2,982
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    5
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

    Re: how much watts are XXX-18 Soundstream Subwoofer really is at rms ???

    Quote Originally Posted by Ville Audio J View Post
    its still made by kicker id rather go with like 5 aq 2200s for a fraction of the cost and twice the quality.
    Your blatant bashing of brands just to be cool expands beyond the realm of music and enters that of the car audio world. As much as people on these forums hate Kicker, the Warhorse is still a beast of an amp with an exceptionally high damping factor. Was it WAY over priced when it came out, yes. Is it anymore, no. Would it provide more clean power than 5 AQ2200s? Yes.



    Stupid Loud.

  9. #54
    wickedwitt's Avatar
    wickedwitt is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Abilene, TX
    Posts
    2,982
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    5
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

    Re: how much watts are XXX-18 Soundstream Subwoofer really is at rms ???

    Quote Originally Posted by pro-rabbit View Post
    Ah, I was unaware this amp had such an adjustment. I wonder how functional it is when using it.

    I agree that would be waste.
    It's 100% functional. It essentially lets you run this thing up to the max electrical you have. Again, a huge waste comparatively to just getting smaller amps or getting the electrical needed to run it at full potential. However, with that said, I will be using this as a great way to break my new build in knowing that they'll get broke in on half of what they will run on once broke in.



    Stupid Loud.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts

1e2 Forum