Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Upgrading..

ivarandri is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Icon33 Upgrading..

Hello, I'm going to upgrade my sub and amp, i got 600rms sub and 1200w amp now,
    i'm looking to spent not more than 494,38 EURO,
    i'm not sure what to get, Soundstorm, soundstream (my sub has been okay), alphasonik, audiobahn, power acoustik..
    what would you people recommend?, i want like 1000rms or more sub, i found (3000w)1500rms sub for sale and 2200w amp,

i got two speakers 100rms each to run on the amp too cause i don't know how to connect two amps in the car im such a noob

audioholic is offline Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Re: Upgrading..

While your topic was not inappropriate for the general audio board, I felt you'd get more looks if I moved your thread to the subwoofer section.

"i'm looking to spent not more than 494,38 EURO"

Are you saying your budget is about 500 Euros? For anyone reading this, that would be approx $700 US dollars.

"i'm not sure what to get, Soundstorm, soundstream (my sub has been okay), alphasonik, audiobahn, power acoustik.."

Im afraid Im not familiar with the market in Iceland, can you give us a decently comprehensive list of brands available to you? Also, are you willing to buy online and have it shipped to you? Will you consider used, or only new products?

"i got two speakers 100rms each to run on the amp too cause i don't know how to connect two amps in the car im such a noob"

You could look into a multi-channel amp that has smaller output channels for front speakers, and a larger output for the sub. One example is the Memphis Belle, which, iirc, is 75 watts x4 channels and 1100 watts x1. A more flexible option would be to hook up multiple amplifiers, which we can definitely help you accomplish if you so decide.

Welcome to the forum.

No speaker, in the history of speakers, has ever been blown by too little power. Ever. I don't care what your friend told you, he's a dirty liar.

ivarandri is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
    While your topic was not inappropriate for the general audio board, I felt you'd get more looks if I moved your thread to the subwoofer section.

"i'm looking to spent not more than 494,38 EURO"

Are you saying your budget is about 500 Euros? For anyone reading this, that would be approx $700 US dollars.

"i'm not sure what to get, Soundstorm, soundstream (my sub has been okay), alphasonik, audiobahn, power acoustik.."

Im afraid Im not familiar with the market in Iceland, can you give us a decently comprehensive list of brands available to you? Also, are you willing to buy online and have it shipped to you? Will you consider used, or only new products?

"i got two speakers 100rms each to run on the amp too cause i don't know how to connect two amps in the car im such a noob"

You could look into a multi-channel amp that has smaller output channels for front speakers, and a larger output for the sub. One example is the Memphis Belle, which, iirc, is 75 watts x4 channels and 1100 watts x1. A more flexible option would be to hook up multiple amplifiers, which we can definitely help you accomplish if you so decide.

Welcome to the forum.
    Well, i'd prefer new one's , yes i'm willing to buy online if it's worth it i can get most of the speakers in iceland if i can't i'll buy them online and have it shipped

and thanx :

Bettr n' Revrse is offline I do what I want

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Well Ill ship you my DD and the box lol

Western Rep.

99 Honda CRV: (Always Changing) ___________ 79 F-150: Show Truck ________________
    -Head Unit: Eclipse CD7100________________ -Head Unit: Eclipse CD7100
    -Sub Stage: Sundown SD-2 8's sealed________ -Sub Stage: Looking
    -Mids/Highs: Deciding_____________________ -Mids/Highs: Scan Speak & Blaupunkt
    -Sub Amp: MMATS Hifi 6 channel____________ -Sub Amp: American Warrior Set (Zed Built)
    -Mid Amp: ^^^ 5/6 bridged at 1 ohm_________ -Mid Amp: ^^^

Closed Thread