Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Rockford Fosgate 1 T1 10" vs 2 P3 10"s...Your thoughts appreciated.

xKBx24 is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Rockford Fosgate 1 T1 10" vs 2 P3 10"s...Your thoughts appreciated.

Hey whats up guys. Newbie here. I have a little bit of experience in car audio, but I'm currently very displeased with my setup. A couple years ago I put together my first system on a shoestring budget. 2 Kenwood KFC 12's in a sealed box with a Sony Xplode 1000 watt 2 channel amp.....piece of junk but it was free....I wasnt about to argue.

Anyways, this setup is obviously garbage, and now that I have a larger budget I'm looking to upgrade.

My question is.....which will give me more bang for my buck? I know I like P3's...I've heard them in a few different cars, and no matter what was driving them, they had good sound quality with a lot of volume.

I've never heard a T1, but I've read plenty of reviews that vouch for their quality.

With the T1 I will be able to give it the RMS wattage of 500 that it needs with no problem. But the 2 P3's Will probaby not be able to get the full 800 because I think it will fry my alternator, and I'm trying to keep this under 500 dollars altogether with Amp, Sub(s) and custom tuned box.

Any insight would be appreciated.....oh also, I'm not worried about blowing the neighbors away but I would like a good combination of volume and quality of sound.

T.I.K. is offline F*ck it, we'll do it live

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Re: Rockford Fosgate 1 T1 10" vs 2 P3 10"s...Your thoughts appreciated.

Something you'll learn quickly around here is that RF makes great amps, but their subs are NOT the best, they're not bad, they're just not the best, especially around that price range..

You'll do better looking at companies like Fi Audio, RE Audio, Audioque, DC audio, and maybe Memphis audio.

Btw, take your budget, divide it by two, and add that to your original budget, and that's more likely what you're going to spend.

Kangaroux is offline I put on

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Any reason you're looking at 10's? Is space an issue?

elancohen92 is offline F**k yeah I drive a Soul! elancohen92 is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Klash View Post
    You'll do better looking at companies like Fi Audio, RE Audio, Audioque, DC audio, and maybe Memphis audio.
    Noob said something right! i know you could get two DC audio level 2 10"s for cheap, and they will blow the rockfords away. together that is a 600 rms which i know for a fact your car will support. i dont know the exact price of the level 2's but o dnt think any more than $250 shipped from DC. an amp you can find on here or craigslist for about 100-150 maybe more. and you can build a box yourself. just ask some one like RAM or pro rabbit. I soon will be getting software to design too

2010 Kia Soul Sport
    Pioneer FH-P8000BT
    3 Sundown SA-12"s
    Soundstream Rubicon 1600d

refs? I have refs
    Quote Originally Posted by BayAreaBimmer View Post
    And the big three are subs, an amp, and head unit?

T.I.K. is offline F*ck it, we'll do it live

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by elancohen92 View Post
    Noob said something right! i know you could get two DC audio level 2 10"s for cheap, and they will blow the rockfords away. together that is a 600 rms which i know for a fact your car will support. i dont know the exact price of the level 2's but o dnt think any more than $250 shipped from DC. an amp you can find on here or craigslist for about 100-150 maybe more. and you can build a box yourself. just ask some one like RAM or pro rabbit. I soon will be getting software to design too
    You know, you could conceivably construct a 'blow-thru' box for a car.

in summary, get off my cack

elancohen92 is offline F**k yeah I drive a Soul! elancohen92 is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Klash View Post
    You know, you could conceivably construct a 'blow-thru' box for a car.

in summary, get off my cack
    i love you

2010 Kia Soul Sport
    Pioneer FH-P8000BT
    3 Sundown SA-12"s
    Soundstream Rubicon 1600d

refs? I have refs
    Quote Originally Posted by BayAreaBimmer View Post
    And the big three are subs, an amp, and head unit?

xKBx24 is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Haha, thanks for the responses guys...I'll start looking into the other brands mentioned.

As far as 10's...I mainly listen to rock based music....not so much rap and I found that 12's can sound a bit sloppy on faster bass drum parts....although I've never really heard anything above lower-mid range subs. I was told that 10's having less surface area and overall material would move faster, but I dont know this as fact. Would I be more wise to go with 12"s?

As far as amps go...I see Profile's california model amps quite a bit and I know theyre dirt cheap and get mostly positive reviews...would that be a wise choice or is there something better out there

Closed Thread