Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Reload Thread: HELP ME PLEASE!? Kicker L7 making "Rattling sound"

Trancer is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Re: HELP ME PLEASE!? Kicker L7 making "Rattling sound"

I just read this thread from start to finish and I gotta say it cracked me up each page. LOL

Now, please DONT take what I say below the wrong way. Its probably the best advice you will receive and the guys here will agree.

Just some advice bro, it seems like everything of Car Audio Knowledge 101 is completely missing, and you will accomplish more of getting to know car audio from reading all over the message board than asking a bunch of guys who have 10+ years of experience. Your audiophiles only know how to talk one language and throw around car audio terms that are only confusing you. So in order to ask questions and get answers you will understand, brush up on your car audio language. Thats what I did 10 years ago, before I created a thread on this board. I learned probably 3x's faster by reading this board than asking questions. I think I read for a good solid 3 weeks before I even created a screen name. Its all I did in two different high school classes. I didnt even have a car, let alone a drivers license. I still remember 10 years ago when I asked a friend, "Which is louder? A 2 Ohm subwoofer or a 4 Ohm subwoofer?"

So like I said, jump around on the board from the Subwoofer section around to the Amplifier section, read up on the Sticky threads, and soak in as much learning as you can. Once you do, you probably would have saved yourself 5 pages of a thread of clueless questions, maybe even the thread all together, and would have saved yourself much more questions in the future. Just give it a shot. If you really read this board for a good two weeks, your knowledge of Car Audio will be so much more. Reading is knowledge my friend. Good luck

07 black Yamaha V-Star FI 1300. 08 GMC Sierra QC SLE2 Texas Edition
    Rockford Fosgate 3Sixty.1, Focal Utopia Components, Focal K2P Components with Digital Designs T1 Tweeters, Audiopipe AQX-360.4, Audiopipe 3001D
    References: 21: DesertHeat, Ravens9322, Netherland24, Insomniac119, killahbean, Charlieee, Dustin19, djman37, dirthog, JayRich, JimJ, RassyMX, Slayerx, smgreen20, lyttleviet, RAM_Designs, Gingerbreadman, DarkHart, cwill5, Imtjnotu, Bettr n' Revrse

Quote Originally Posted by GeekSquad View Post
    Make the port as large and as round as possible. For example, a square port is more round than a rectangular one; an octogonal port is more round than a square port. Also, keep the number of ports down to one, if possible.

Trancer is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by akheathen View Post
    the big cone shaped thing that moves and makes the boom
    Or in his case with the Kicker, "Thud, Thud"

07 black Yamaha V-Star FI 1300. 08 GMC Sierra QC SLE2 Texas Edition
    Rockford Fosgate 3Sixty.1, Focal Utopia Components, Focal K2P Components with Digital Designs T1 Tweeters, Audiopipe AQX-360.4, Audiopipe 3001D
    References: 21: DesertHeat, Ravens9322, Netherland24, Insomniac119, killahbean, Charlieee, Dustin19, djman37, dirthog, JayRich, JimJ, RassyMX, Slayerx, smgreen20, lyttleviet, RAM_Designs, Gingerbreadman, DarkHart, cwill5, Imtjnotu, Bettr n' Revrse

Quote Originally Posted by GeekSquad View Post
    Make the port as large and as round as possible. For example, a square port is more round than a rectangular one; an octogonal port is more round than a square port. Also, keep the number of ports down to one, if possible.

akheathen is offline trianoacitol contraceptiv akheathen is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Trancer View Post
    Or in his case with the Kicker, "Thud, Thud"
    'eh...more like the square thing that makes the rumble-shake.... rockford makes the thud

ktwagner is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

yes true i have done lots of reading by now i know a lot more then i did about a couple weeks ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trancer View Post
    I just read this thread from start to finish and I gotta say it cracked me up each page. LOL

Now, please DONT take what I say below the wrong way. Its probably the best advice you will receive and the guys here will agree.

Just some advice bro, it seems like everything of Car Audio Knowledge 101 is completely missing, and you will accomplish more of getting to know car audio from reading all over the message board than asking a bunch of guys who have 10+ years of experience. Your audiophiles only know how to talk one language and throw around car audio terms that are only confusing you. So in order to ask questions and get answers you will understand, brush up on your car audio language. Thats what I did 10 years ago, before I created a thread on this board. I learned probably 3x's faster by reading this board than asking questions. I think I read for a good solid 3 weeks before I even created a screen name. Its all I did in two different high school classes. I didnt even have a car, let alone a drivers license. I still remember 10 years ago when I asked a friend, "Which is louder? A 2 Ohm subwoofer or a 4 Ohm subwoofer?"

So like I said, jump around on the board from the Subwoofer section around to the Amplifier section, read up on the Sticky threads, and soak in as much learning as you can. Once you do, you probably would have saved yourself 5 pages of a thread of clueless questions, maybe even the thread all together, and would have saved yourself much more questions in the future. Just give it a shot. If you really read this board for a good two weeks, your knowledge of Car Audio will be so much more. Reading is knowledge my friend. Good luck

AMPHEAD is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ktwagner View Post
    Hi there, i was wondering if any one knew what might be wrong with my sub when it hits the higher notes it makes a rattling sound and i was thinging its a blown voice coil? any info on how to go about repairing it? ive been looking high and low and just cant find a diagram or pics or any info on how to go about this. please anything will help. Thanks, -Kev
    I know its been a while since this was originally posted, but I came across a similar issue recently. The noise only occured when the bass got really kicking. Try this.....Take the speaker out of your box, and physically shake it. If you can hear something rattling around, then on to the next step. The rattling that occured in mine was an inner cardboard support inside the voice coil that had come loose. It was plastic/cardboard, 1/4 inch wide, and 1 inch long. This is not an ideal fix, but it does fix your problem. I took a drill bit about the same size as the vent on the back side of the speaker, (the hole in the center of the magnet) and I drilled a hole in the metal screen. I was then able to shake the cardboard piece through the hole. Be patient, because it has to hit the hole perfectly. I was lucky and it bounced out the first time I shook it.

slvrado28z is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

kickers just sound like that

Closed Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11