Closed Thread

Reload Thread: What should i buy

tl
    tl is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What should i buy

Hey..........not sure what to buy<br />I dont want to spend alot of money....amp, subs, everything for under 500<br />anyone have any suggestions....i want to put them in a 2000 honda accord<br />thanks

<jaylee> Guest

A nice sounding bass setup for your needs.<br />MTX 4250D amp ~ $209<br />2 JL 12W0s ~ $180<br />Sealed box for 2 12s ~ $50<br />8 Ga wiring kit ~ $30<br />Everything you need for excellent bass and reliability at under $500.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    JL WO's ****<br />get W3's which aer a wh ole lot better<br />thezeb.com has w3's for 139 and they retail around 200. 179 for WO's is as crap tacular as you can get. You will have to email Jay at the zeb for all the prices (Because they cant give prices on their site for JL equipment)

And build a 2 12 box...its not to hard<br />Just try<br />Its freaking easy<br />Use MDF 3/4" board and seal each chamber

GO to JL.com to get volumes and other dimentions

<jaylee> Guest

Sorry man, JL doesn't make a product that *****.<br />W0s may not meet a competitors standards but thats why they don't claim to be a competition sub or cost as much as one either. They are excellent value (sound for money). They play bass notes with accuracy and are plenty loud.<br />Sure, the W3s are better than the W0s, that's why they cost $50-$60 more per sub.<br />The W6s are a more capable sub but with the wattage available are not needed. W0s, regaurdless of their low power rating, can handle 200W apiece and are more efficient than W6s.

jaminlogic is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hello,<br /> If you're strict on a $500 budget, it may be wiser to go with good quality components one at a time rather than settling for an entire system. I would go with a 4 channel amp and good interior speakers first before the sub and sub amp. If you're just into how hard your car can pound, then go with MTX Thunder 7000 (last year model) which can be bought for dirt cheap, and either a rockford amp or MTX amp. They discontinued last years models which can be found at clearance prices.

-Jaminlogic<br />Eclipse 8303r<br />Infinity Kappa Components & 3-way<br />MTX Thunder Amps (2)<br />Carver Pre-Amp Processors<br />12" Aura Force<br />Lightning Cap by Rockford Fosgate<br />Wiring by Phoenix Gold<br />Paid $1200.00 for total system.

Closed Thread