Reload Thread: 10" sub with a 5.1" coil

Wingman0121 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

10" sub with a 5.1" coil

Dammmmmmmn for realz!?

Morel Ultimate UW 1058 10" Subwoofer | Parts-Express.com

There's a 12" version too. I bet these sounds awesome.

Sold to: Mills561, Kross6622, sleazebagger, shpatb, esmokah
    Traded: Kross6622
    Bought from: DJ Nitrous 427, 97maxima

CL1CKCLACK is offline CarAudio.com Boss

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: 10" sub with a 5.1" coil

wtf. the spider is like 2 inches wide....

1996 Mitsu Clipse GSX 450whp
    1997 Eagle Talon TSI

refs:
    wes007parks, ridinswangaz, madmat, treylittlefield, mendezm9
    MHD2000, RetroAudioInc, power-fanatic07, Carnivorous18, Spltuscon
    Ridinhi, Wingsfreak9, Pro-Rabbit, 2000LaDe, nom nom
    DBBOOM, hrtbrk1, dgaf_, dirtbikkerrob, Nik592, SkylineTT

revrider1 is offline Hmmm...

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Interesting...

SPLaudio is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)

its a sq woofer.

Suicide Bobb is offline SPLC Fails

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

A little late to the party bruh

Quote Originally Posted by benbenondatrack View Post
    when i see small subs i just think of a girl, 12s = teenagers, 15s = man, 18 = King Kong Mandingo Warrior

T3mpest is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SPLaudio View Post
    its a sq woofer.
    That debatable lol. Morel has never impressed me with any of their drivers especially subs. What little tech specs that have been done on them support it too, they are very overpriced selling to guys who want "SQ" but don't really know what it means. A luxury brand with very little substance. Sorta like the higher end snake oil style home audio stuff. I dont' see this think doing much of anything a $150 dollar dayton wouldn't do except handle a bit more power, but the xmax is so limited it's waste anyway. Low power compression is great, but the coil is heavy so effeceincy is down.... it's all tradeoffs, but yeah, it at least looks pretty.

For anyone who will come at me with" have you ever heard it" Subs at low frequencies are literally in every sense of the word just air pumps. Low bass really isn't that hard to get right as phase and basic frequency response is all you need. No power response, lobing, etc to deal with. Just how much air can you move without inductance modulation or BL modulation kicking you in the ***. Beyond that you build a box ot give you flat response and use T/A to set phase at the X-over point and level match.

Quote Originally Posted by sdmtnbiker420 View Post
    JL is for ballers. Theres a reason all the biggest rappers sing about JL, Zapco, Alpine..... and not Lightning audio or Pyle. It's all about the BALLER FACTOR.

power-fanatic07 is offline Knockin Doors Down

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T3mpest View Post
    That debatable lol. Morel has never impressed me with any of their drivers especially subs. What little tech specs that have been done on them support it too, they are very overpriced selling to guys who want "SQ" but don't really know what it means. A luxury brand with very little substance. Sorta like the higher end snake oil style home audio stuff. I dont' see this think doing much of anything a $150 dollar dayton wouldn't do except handle a bit more power, but the xmax is so limited it's waste anyway. Low power compression is great, but the coil is heavy so effeceincy is down.... it's all tradeoffs, but yeah, it at least looks pretty.

For anyone who will come at me with" have you ever heard it" Subs at low frequencies are literally in every sense of the word just air pumps. Low bass really isn't that hard to get right as phase and basic frequency response is all you need. No power response, lobing, etc to deal with. Just how much air can you move without inductance modulation or BL modulation kicking you in the ***. Beyond that you build a box ot give you flat response and use T/A to set phase at the X-over point and level match.
    I just got mind fucked

Got Refs? http://www.caraudio.com/forum/itrader.php?u=47119

8. Thanks DerekSmith07, R34P3R thanked for this post
    w00tah is offline Captain Keffa

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T3mpest View Post

Morel and Substance are two words that go together. You've obviously never heard their Hybrid's or Ultimos.

Kef

1999 Exploder Sport 2 Door- Build coming soon

OH MECA S2 competitor- New numbers this season

Refs: thegreatestpenn (bought and sold in person) Killa Camry (sold to) TaylorFade (sold to)

Closed Thread