Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Sub advice needed for SQL install

Quote Originally Posted by platty13
    I found out about it in a thread on another forum and became very intrigued, so I called Rockford Fosgate and they confirmed that the HU was in fact made by Denon for them, but with their label on it. You might want to check into one. I haven't heard mine yet, but from what I 've read and heard elswhere they really are a straightforward, no frills, audiophile deck.
    Oh ok, don't get me wrong man I did believe you I was just wondering how that all came about. From 95 to 97 I owned a Denon DCT 950R. It also sported the 20bit D/A converter. The sound was phenominal, unfortunately the deck had nothing but problems. :blow_up: The RDS clock was never right, it skipped and all in all nothing but a headache. It broke my heart because I really loved the sound and Denon would not stand behind it at all. I had to fight with them :readytogo and eventually the waranty ran out and I was SOL. I know I would probably love the sound of this Rockford/Denon unit but to be totally honest with you a remote is important to me. For a deck that pretty I wouldn't want to touch it with my hands. Anyway I have some waranty left on my 930, then I will be on the market again. Well enjoy your new head unit, you'll love the sound. :veryhappy

Source Unit: Pioneer P9 combo
    Tweeters: CDT DRT-25 Silk
    Mids: CDT ES-5 (5.25")
    Midbass: CDT M6 (6.5")
    Subs: Pioneer TS-W12PRS
    Mid & Tweet amp: Pioneer PRS-X340
    Midbass Amp: Pioneer PRS-X720
    Sub Amp: Pioneer PRS-X720

iceteebone is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh really, the SAME thing for the "ten thousandth time"?! I didn't know there were 10,000 others with the same equipment looking to do the same type of install in the same type of vehicle with the same questions. I guess I was wrong. Maybe you could point me to the thread where the other 10,000 have previously replied? Thanks for the reply wise a**. If you dont' want to help a guy out, why reply at all?!
    couldn't have said it better myself. people get there balls in a vice saying these type of questions clog up the forums and yet the people who post these smart *** comments about searching doesn't. it's been mentioned a couple times about the idmax and i think it's a greatt all around sub. i have mine single 12 in a ported box tuned to 29hz with about 2.7 ft^3 after all displacement and it's being run off a rf 1001bd which puts out 1096 watts rms x 1 and to me it has a perfect blend of sq and spl.

platty13 is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by adam71
    For a deck that pretty I wouldn't want to touch it with my hands. Anyway I have some waranty left on my 930, then I will be on the market again. Well enjoy your new head unit, you'll love the sound. :veryhappy
    Just received the RF8250 Ti today. I have to admit, it is a gorgeous piece of equipment! The aluminum face and thick volume knob remind me of my home audio gear. I hope it has the same phenomenal sound as your Denon HU....without the same problems, hopefully (knock on wood). I am looking at having everything installed at the end of next week. I am only waiting on the speakers and the Audiocontrol DQX. I will post a thread to let you know how the RF8250 performs with the entire system.

adam71 is offline P9 = Ultimate SQ

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just received the RF8250 Ti today. I have to admit, it is a gorgeous piece of equipment! The aluminum face and thick volume knob remind me of my home audio gear. I hope it has the same phenomenal sound as your Denon HU....without the same problems, hopefully (knock on wood). I am looking at having everything installed at the end of next week. I am only waiting on the speakers and the Audiocontrol DQX. I will post a thread to let you know how the RF8250 performs with the entire system.
    DQX ?? I didn't know you were running one of those too. Well, the DQX paired with that deck, sound quality is one problem you will NOT have. Just one thing about the DQX though. I don't how good you are at installation but if you aren't familiar with the installation of such a unit then make sure you get help. That is a unit that when installed right can make your system sound like heaven but when installed NOT so right it can sound like . Just thought I'd point that out since I've had previous experience with AudioControl and other eq's and x-overs. Enjoy.

Adam

crhye250r is offline Installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes...High end EQs like that are a perverbial two-edged sword. Make sure you are careful, and methodical w/ your adjustments, and i (and adam71 i guess) cant stress enough to get help if you need it. You should be completely and utterly thrilled w/ that system.

MECP Certified Installer

outbacksport is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice setup dude.....seems like you got the dough why not get JL Audio's W7's? two 12w7's.

iceteebone is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by outbacksport
    Nice setup dude.....seems like you got the dough why not get JL Audio's W7's? two 12w7's.
    because they are expensive and have jl written on them doesn't meen they are the best. for the price on one w7 you can get almost 2 idmax 12's which are comparable to the w7.

ngsm13 is offline BSEE

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, for SQL...i'd look into 1 12 or 15 XXX....two magnum d2's...orthe HC's sice they are such a great deal. Since u want a good mix...give whatever you get enough room but not too much and port it low, like 28hz to maintain great SQ. My vote goes to either 2 magnums, or 15XXX...good luck. peace

NG

http://crunktimes.com/ct/
    nG - BSEE

Bavarian3 is offline Ownz joo

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

u should find out where RE is loacated and go visit them and see if u can hear some of their subs. Ull be amazed (theyr in Las Vegas) www.respl.com

Upcoming SQ competition ready install...
    -Eclipse cd8053
    -Image Dynamics Cd1Pro MH
    -Image Dynamics 6.5" mids with CX motors and poly cone in custom fiberglass kick panels
    -12" Stereo Integrity Magnum in large sealed fiberglass wheel well enclosure.
    -Viper d1200.1 (sub), Viper 400.2 (mids), David Navone Amp-100 (horns)

adam71 is offline P9 = Ultimate SQ

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crhye250r
    Yes...High end EQs like that are a perverbial two-edged sword. Make sure you are careful, and methodical w/ your adjustments, and i (and adam71 i guess) cant stress enough to get help if you need it. You should be completely and utterly thrilled w/ that system.
    Just Adam is fine thanx.

Adam

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2