Closed Thread

Reload Thread: OK- narrowed down to 3- what u think?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

OK- narrowed down to 3- what u think?

OK I have finally narrowed down to three options for my system for my 96' Grand Prix, now I need some serious input..

What I'm looking for--- About 55% sounds great 45% crazy loud. I listen to lots of rock, quite a bit of rap, not a whole lot of country or anything like that. My trunk is 4ft. deep, 3.5 feet across, and 1.5ft. tall. My budget is under $1,000, aiming at $600-$800.

One SI Magnum D2. Ported, unknown amp (suggestions welcome)

Two RE HC 12's, ported, unkown amp(s)- (suggestions?)

Two RE HC 15's, ported, amp ideas?

I just really need some ideas on what will sound the best for my needs... I hear 15's dont hit the higher tones all that great, but my friends could just be dumb kansas people like me.
    Thanks for the help.- Andrew

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: OK- narrowed down to 3- what u think?

out of those 3 you have got to go with the 2 15HC's, esp. with the hot deal on them right now

me talking to a sales rep at tweeter after he told me he hit 160+db with a single 10L5 in his truck, saying the reason it was so loud was because it was aimed straight up and in a sealed box: "this whole place is worthless, do you even know what SPL means?"

store manager: "i think you need to go, oh and by the way, SPL means Sub Poundage Level, thank you very much"

only time i've ever left a car audio store with a smile on my face

blackgeltabs is offline Knowledge is Power

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brothaknowles
    OK I have finally narrowed down to three options for my system for my 96' Grand Prix, now I need some serious input..

What I'm looking for--- About 55% sounds great 45% crazy loud. I listen to lots of rock, quite a bit of rap, not a whole lot of country or anything like that. My trunk is 4ft. deep, 3.5 feet across, and 1.5ft. tall. My budget is under $1,000, aiming at $600-$800.

One SI Magnum D2. Ported, unknown amp (suggestions welcome)

Two RE HC 12's, ported, unkown amp(s)- (suggestions?)

Two RE HC 15's, ported, amp ideas?

I just really need some ideas on what will sound the best for my needs... I hear 15's dont hit the higher tones all that great, but my friends could just be dumb kansas people like me.
    Thanks for the help.- Andrew
    You have the space so I would go with either the 12's pr 15's ported. Then I would pick up a HiFonics Brutus for the pair. 375+275=650 perfect for your budget. Then with the spare 200 or so laying around buy a new alternator.

cobra65427289 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

first you must consider your electrical system in the car before making this choice. one mag D2 on 900 watts would be very happy. 2 HC's however on 650 watts (considering you went with the brutus) would be starving them subs. how much power do you think you car can handle? if it were me i would go with 2 HC's and a tsunami 1800 watt amp for them. it would still be starving them some but they would be better.

al

Fact 1: 79,000,000 people are engaged in intercourse right now.
    Fact 2: 58,000,000 are kissing.
    Fact 3: 37,000,000 are relaxing after having *** .
    Fact 4: 1 lonely bugger is reading forums...- You hang in there sunshine!

Closed Thread