Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Reload Thread: Alpine Type x 10 keeps blowing.... Need Help Please!! PICS INCLUDED...!!!

Akrobatiks is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Alpine Type x 10 keeps blowing.... Need Help Please!! PICS INCLUDED...!!!

Ok so I have an 01 jeep grand cherokee limited and had my system installed at a very reputable place here in Chicago about 2 months ago. Here are the specs
    All Alpine:

INA-w900 navigation unit
    2 9-inch headrest LCD's
    PDX-F4
    Type R Comps
    PDX-M12
    Type X 10 in a small custom built box

Alpine Type x 10 keeps blowing.... Need Help Please!! PICS INCLUDED...!!!-myjeep.jpg
    Alpine Type x 10 keeps blowing.... Need Help Please!! PICS INCLUDED...!!!-jeeplcds.jpg
    Alpine Type x 10 keeps blowing.... Need Help Please!! PICS INCLUDED...!!!-myamps.jpg
    Alpine Type x 10 keeps blowing.... Need Help Please!! PICS INCLUDED...!!!-mysub.jpg
    Alpine Type x 10 keeps blowing.... Need Help Please!! PICS INCLUDED...!!!-myheadunit.jpg

The problem I am having is that I keep blowing up subs! I have gone through 3 already and its only been 2 months!! Each time I bring it in they make adjustment and it sounds fine for a bit... one lasted like 3 weeks one lasted a month... I went back again today and they gave me another one, I watched them adjust and it sounded amazing for about 3 hours' and then out of nowhere it started buzzing again... It sounds like a fog horn every time it hits... Does anyone have any Idea on what could be causing these woofers to blow... I checked the gains and they are set to about 50%, which should be about 700 watts since the amp birth certificated rated it @ 1400, Crossover is set to just under 120hz, and my subwoofer level on my INA-w900 set at 10(scale from 0-15). Could this box be too small for that bad boy and causing the sub to fry soo easily? Im really frustrated having to keep taking my car back to the shop... Even though they keep giving me new subs for free, its getting redundant. Thanks in advance for any help you may be able to offer!!!
    Last edited by Akrobatiks; 09-04-2010 at 01:31 PM.

audioholic is offline Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Re: Alpine Type x 10 keeps blowing.... Need Help Please!! PICS INCLUDED...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Akrobatiks View Post
    I checked the gains and they are set to about 50%, which should be about 700 watts since the amp birth certificated rated it @ 1400
    Gains dont work that way. A gain setting of "50%" could make your amplifier clip quite easily, depending on the signal strength from your h/u.

Hopefully the shop understands how to set gains better. Otherwise, that's is most likely your problem.

No speaker, in the history of speakers, has ever been blown by too little power. Ever. I don't care what your friend told you, he's a dirty liar.

3. Thanks nateberrier, benzmansl65amg thanked for this post
    RAM_Designs is offline SketchUp Master

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)

^^^yep

1,400+ designs since March 2011...
    I have my PM's turned off, please email at [email protected]

snoopdan is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

box looks a little small for me. But that wouldn't kill the sub anyways.

kraudio12 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
    Gains dont work that way. A gain setting of "50%" could make your amplifier clip quite easily, depending on the signal strength from your h/u.

Hopefully the shop understands how to set gains better. Otherwise, that's is most likely your problem.
    yah i was thinking this was the problem clipping the amp

Refs
    Sold-Worstenemy453

Bought-wccoug21,undadog,absoluteaudio,slim2fatty,finkster ,thelow,basscourt,truckcap22

traded-Njstang,justadork2u,its450racer,basscourt,oxsign,t ruckcap22,

BillJOnes42=Scammer
    http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php/460333-kraudio12-seller-buyer-thread?p=6920116

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Honestly Im not pretending to be an expert.. That's why I spent a ton of money to have a professional install done but obviously there seems to be a problem here since they keep blowing. Im heading into the shop this morning to seriously sit down with them. I mean isnt this kinda ridiculous that this keeps happening over and over at high end shop? I dont touch any of the settings once they set it. I listen to my music and use the volume and thats it and they keep blowing...

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

If it was a high end shop, they'd of sold you a better sub

9. Thanks nateberrier thanked for this post

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ok so what sub should I be using then...?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

um, there are a ton of killer subs out there.

I'll run some down for ya here

FI Car Audio SSD or BL - https://ssl.perfora.net/www.ficaraud...iew.shopscript

Audioque SDC - Audioque: Street Duty: SDC2.5

Mach 5 Audio IXL - IXL-10 v2 SL [IXL-10 v2 SL] - $149.00 : Mach 5 Audio

that will give you some reading material.

thehardknoxlife is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by snoopdan View Post
    um, there are a ton of killer subs out there.

I'll run some down for ya here

FI Car Audio SSD or BL - https://ssl.perfora.net/www.ficaraud...iew.shopscript

Audioque SDC - Audioque: Street Duty: SDC2.5

Mach 5 Audio IXL - IXL-10 v2 SL [IXL-10 v2 SL] - $149.00 : Mach 5 Audio

that will give you some reading material.
    I'd take the type X over the SSD, BL, or the SDC. Never heard the IXL. You acting like the Type X is a crap woofer, which it is not. I understand people around here like the so called underground brands, and for good reason, but that doesn't mean that all mainstream is crap when compared to them. The Type X is a really good woofer.

Why not just stick to the topic instead of telling him to upgrade, which really wouldn't be an upgrade.

13. Thanks jstbass, benzmansl65amg, TMali thanked for this post
    jco1385 is offline expert jcologist

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

i love my type x btw

1994 Thunderbird
    JVC KD-AV7010
    Alpine 6x9 3-ways
    Pioneer 6x8 3-ways (rear)
    JVC CH-X1500 12-disc MP3 Changer
    Alpine Type X 12" 2 cubes @ 30hz
    MTX 404 runs the inside
    MTX 1501d runs the X
    Optima G75/25 RT up front
    2x Optima G31 YT in the trunk
    200a EA HO Alt (1/0 Big 3)
    ALL MY WIRE IS WELDING CABLE
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Drama View Post
    I always knew I was a feggot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rashaddd View Post
    We're all feggots on the inside
    Quote Originally Posted by ToledoTom View Post
    I am sure the administration will be having a few words with you when they catch wind of your language.
    DO NOT SEND ME ANYTHING USING UPS. I WILL NOT DEAL WITH THEM EVER AGAIN
    OFFICIAL FEEDBACK THREAD

audioholic is offline Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Akrobatiks View Post
    Honestly Im not pretending to be an expert.
    I wasn't implying I thought you were acting like an expert. I was just trying to shed some light on the most likely cause of your problems.

No speaker, in the history of speakers, has ever been blown by too little power. Ever. I don't care what your friend told you, he's a dirty liar.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehardknoxlife View Post
    I'd take the type X over the SSD, BL, or the SDC. Never heard the IXL. You acting like the Type X is a crap woofer, which it is not. I understand people around here like the so called underground brands, and for good reason, but that doesn't mean that all mainstream is crap when compared to them. The Type X is a really good woofer.

Why not just stick to the topic instead of telling him to upgrade, which really wouldn't be an upgrade.
    where did you say I said the X was crap? Don't twist my words brochacho. I personally don't think they're all that great due to it's price and performance.

As for sticking to the topic, I was trying to avoid saying that this is another case of a shop taking a customer for an expensive ride. Welp, too late now.

benzmansl65amg is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It is probably a gain problem and 1400 watts seems like a little much for a single 10" type x that sub cant be more than 1kw rms

Head Unit: Kenwood KDC-X996
    Components: Image Dynamics CXS62 V.2
    Amplifier: Rockford Fosgate T600-4
    Subwoofers: Image Dynamics IDQ10v3
    Electrical Upgrades: HO Alt and Big 3
    refs: trunks9_us, calikid, bassjunky, pickup1, bumpin buick, wgsj_fortvalley, holla105, Louisianacrx, pioneerspl1990, N2caraudio.com, terra, canyouhearmatt and many others

TMali is offline I Can Dance If I Want To

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by snoopdan View Post
    where did you say I said the X was crap? Don't twist my words brochacho. I personally don't think they're all that great due to it's price and performance.

As for sticking to the topic, I was trying to avoid saying that this is another case of a shop taking a customer for an expensive ride. Welp, too late now.
    But see the thing has nothing to do with money here, he already has purchased the sub and im sure the shop has been replacing it for free. And the type X isnt all that badly priced

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

Quote Originally Posted by dirtysouth31 View Post
    TMali new king of lulz
    Quote Originally Posted by N1ggaWeed View Post
    tmali can s#ck my girlfriends t1tties

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast