Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reload Thread: the death of sundown audio NS v1 15inch subs

CrazyKenKid is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

the death of sundown audio NS v1 15inch subs

So today was a fun day! I kill both of my NS v1 15inch subs by plugging them into a wall socket! (good times) and i took some video's!

at any rate it took each sub like 5 minutes plus on a wall socket 120volts at 1ohm (d2 subs) so about 14.4kw of power (via ohms law)

and yes i did this b/c i am getting them reconed to 12inch subs! so with out further a-do here are some short video's! these buts were tanks!!! i am going to miss them and they will be reborn as 12's lol!!

http://s138.photobucket.com/albums/q...t=MVI_1551.mp4

http://s138.photobucket.com/albums/q...t=MVI_1557.mp4

http://s138.photobucket.com/albums/q...t=MVI_1556.mp4

Ref: DUMPED(hc 2400), Civic96Lx (orion 4002), fbi90909
    (Fi Btl 15, RE SE (4) ), juukno(Soleniod), DDbump (orion endcaps), sundownz( Lightning Audio S4.1000.1D), TRADED sikcavy my orion 2500d for his double din, makeshiftaudio Orion 2500d, KyleBechtold Carpet, t3audios_160sdbjeep SAZ2000

Deeper_shades is offline of underground

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: the death of sundown audio NS v1 15inch subs

Your a cruel man kenneth,

did you kill both of your dust caps like that?

btw, why are you down sizing to 12"

Subs : 2 x 12" Sundown Z V.2
    Mids : Focal 165 A3 + 6x9's polk audio db691
    Amps : SAZ 3500 & MB Quart DSC 4125
    HU : JVC El Kameleon KD-AVX44 // EQ : AP EX7
    Batt: 3 x XS power 1400's + 200a Mechman Alt / 50 ft of welding cable / 80sf second skin
    Refs: Sundownz / Mike465 / SicAudio / Rusty_DC / chillin / power-fanatic07 / Silver

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

no i only killed the one cap like that the other one went to a buddy of mine!

i am down grading b/c the 15inch doen't have enough air space in my car to perform at optimum but the 12's will yeild a better result! take a look at my box!

(Fi Btl 15, RE SE (4) ), juukno(Soleniod), DDbump (orion endcaps), sundownz( Lightning Audio S4.1000.1D), TRADED sikcavy my orion 2500d for his double din, makeshiftaudio Orion 2500d, KyleBechtold Carpet, t3audios_160sdbjeep SAZ2000

Twisted_0912 is offline .........................

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

its not 14.4k from a wall socket...

I build Enclosures PM me

Refs:
    Spy(Bought from),Goodie(traded With),Benner410 (enclosure),Timbo12(enclosure),TheMan007(Enclosure ),Upzaw2000(x3)(bought from),Bobby32(Enclosure),Tacovic(Enclosure),KoolWh ipMan(Traded With),lilmaniac2 (bought from),MarkyMark(Enclosure), HypnoticCure(Traded with),AngryOscar(Enclosure), MisterGrubbs(Traded With),LoggedOut(Enclosure x4/Traded With), Andrios(enclosure), bigbangtheory(Enclosure),Retoaudioinc(traded with), blaze383(sold to), Snow90(Enclosure), Serpent710(traded with), MysticStyl3z(sold to),cwill5(Bought from), Kingkongjr(Enclosure/Traded with), BrandonB (traded With), Moo_Awn(Bought From), Slam330(enclosure),18inchjeepin(sold to)

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i am special leave me alone lol!

but that is the number i got from this calc

http://www.ohmite.com/

120volts @ 1ohm

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyKenKid View Post
    i am special leave me alone lol!
    true but if you just did 120v x 20A it would only be 2400 before any resistance but idk that just how i thought of it

I build Enclosures PM me

Refs:
    Spy(Bought from),Goodie(traded With),Benner410 (enclosure),Timbo12(enclosure),TheMan007(Enclosure ),Upzaw2000(x3)(bought from),Bobby32(Enclosure),Tacovic(Enclosure),KoolWh ipMan(Traded With),lilmaniac2 (bought from),MarkyMark(Enclosure), HypnoticCure(Traded with),AngryOscar(Enclosure), MisterGrubbs(Traded With),LoggedOut(Enclosure x4/Traded With), Andrios(enclosure), bigbangtheory(Enclosure),Retoaudioinc(traded with), blaze383(sold to), Snow90(Enclosure), Serpent710(traded with), MysticStyl3z(sold to),cwill5(Bought from), Kingkongjr(Enclosure/Traded with), BrandonB (traded With), Moo_Awn(Bought From), Slam330(enclosure),18inchjeepin(sold to)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

nice ninja haha

I build Enclosures PM me

Refs:

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

lol!! ty!

but ya i don't know i didn't' clamp it so i don't know how much power was getting hammered at it!

and you know i still have to test my **** clam meter out lol!

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

o well all the same i glad someone liked my little videos i will see about getting the other one where we tossed stuff at the sub while it was moving it was awesome!!

FlexnInLa is offline Huggin Them Nuts!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyKenKid View Post
    So today was a fun day! I kill both of my NS v1 15inch subs by plugging them into a wall socket! (good times) and i took some video's!

at any rate it took each sub like 5 minutes plus on a wall socket 120volts at 1ohm (d2 subs) so about 14.4kw of power (via ohms law)

and yes i did this b/c i am getting them reconed to 12inch subs! so with out further a-do here are some short video's! these buts were tanks!!! i am going to miss them and they will be reborn as 12's lol!!

http://s138.photobucket.com/albums/q...t=MVI_1551.mp4

http://s138.photobucket.com/albums/q...t=MVI_1557.mp4

http://s138.photobucket.com/albums/q...t=MVI_1556.mp4
    More money then sense, or did they need a recone already?

New ride... new system...

2012 Jeep Compass Latitude

18" Obsidian Audio Sub in a Reverse Tapered Transmission Line Box
    Box Design by Mobile Enclosures http://mobileenclosures.jimdo.com

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

o i needed to recone as the 15inch's subs didn't have enough space. they were getting about 2.4 after displacement each! so ya they need more space but the 12's!!

so ya i did need a recone and a recone was the cheapest and fastest way to get a pair of 12's for a **** good price!! (recone that is)

plus he asked me to JUST send him the motors! not the entire sub!

ThatChevyGuy is online now i heart Jager

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yeah, You're special alright.

FITANES NUKKA > 12s

REFS:
    Squeak9798, Kumbos310w6, BigBangTheory, Jmanpc, MillzThaYungin, WLDock, -Leister-, ThomasG, J31Rob (and a few more I have forgotten)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spider Monkey View Post
    eat my asshole you insignificant bastard child of a retarded dingleberry cunt wrinkle fuck toy
    Quote Originally Posted by subzero View Post
    her pussy better be that nicest pussy you ever ever ever had. she better suck, swallow, jack off, eat ass and snatch, make sammiwich, do yard work and fix the vehicals while nude. Because a bitch like that is definately gonna cause alot of stress in your life, even thou she keeps your wallet and your balls drained.
    Quote Originally Posted by 05fronty View Post
    bitch you better swallow and not make a mess

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Oh and don't wear the shorts anymore

REFS:
    Squeak9798, Kumbos310w6, BigBangTheory, Jmanpc, MillzThaYungin, WLDock, -Leister-, ThomasG, J31Rob (and a few more I have forgotten)
    eat my asshole you insignificant bastard child of a retarded dingleberry cunt wrinkle fuck toy
    her pussy better be that nicest pussy you ever ever ever had. she better suck, swallow, jack off, eat ass and snatch, make sammiwich, do yard work and fix the vehicals while nude. Because a bitch like that is definately gonna cause alot of stress in your life, even thou she keeps your wallet and your balls drained.

mossberg385t is offline Love Train

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Deeper_shades View Post

btw, why are you down sizing to 12"
    because a chick complemented his d1ck and he doesn't need to compensate as much

Quote Originally Posted by CarAudio.com Admin View Post
    Please send your tithes of 10% to my paypal. Thou shall worship thy goob.
    IA 40.1, Nakamichi PA350, Arc audio 6.5s 2 way active (1986 Alphasonik x-over) Audio Control three.1, Kenwood KDC-X592, TREO SSX based 18: 8 layer flat wound copper coil w/ dual SS former, 3 medium nomex spiders built by SPLaudio and repaired by myself and Harshaw for optimal sexiness and performance.
    team Dbeez MECA as3 db3

☞2218☜ βθπ βν

15. Thanks CrazyKenKid thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

you forgot to mention the "chick" was 12

REFS:

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast