Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Help with 6th order Pleaseee.

jf2oo6 is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Help with 6th order Pleaseee.

So I have a 2008 altima, and getting bass into the cabin is kinda challenging. So I have been thinking of maybe using a series tuned 6th order, with the port firing through the ski pass. I want to go with series tuned as it will be much easier if there is only one port for me to run to the ski pass. A 4th order would be even easier yet, but I have been hearing my sub of choice, DD 3512, is not good for a 4th order.

So I am wondering if you guys can give me some info about 6th orders. I have never heard one before. Does a properly built one sound good for regular music? This will be used for daily music, so SQ is of concern, but I do want it to get louddd.

Also I am wondering how I can go about designing this. Someone on here said bass box pro is not good for designing 6th orders. Any truth to that? If so I have no idea where to start. Please help guys.

Thank You

audioholic is offline Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    320 Post(s)

Re: Help with 6th order Pleaseee.

Any well designed/built bandpass can sound amazing with the right system to back it up. The actual filtering 'bandpass' effect limiting freq response so much actually diminishes perceived distortion. The problem is even 6th order BP's tend to have a narrower usable bandwidth of output than more traditional designs. This coupled with the high efficiency/output means you need a significant midbass setup to blend well with your also significant midrange and upper freq drivers. 6th orders also have a double peak in response, which may or may not mean more EQ'ing is required.

Both my downsides are based on looking for a reasonably flat response from your system (all speakers' output blended well).

PM 80inches, he's the resident guru on bandpass designs.

No speaker, in the history of speakers, has ever been blown by too little power. Ever. I don't care what your friend told you, he's a dirty liar.

jf2oo6 is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well I have HAT 6.5's up front, and I will either be getting another set of those for the back, or a set of HAT 6x9's. So I should have the other frequencies covered. Now I just need some bass that will pound my chest in. lol Btw I forgot to mention I would like this thing to play down to 30, and at least up to 70. I have been reading 80 is the guy for this so hopefully he chimes in here.

jf2oo6 is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Soo anyone else have some info on this??

Closed Thread

User Tag List