Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reload Thread: 12" legacy speakers

vrykolakas04 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

12" legacy speakers

im looking for some cheap 12's and i found some legacy's. now i have a 4 channel 1000w amp by legacy and its pretty good for something cheap. but my question is about the subs. are they any good? cause i found a pair for like $40 on ebay. should i go with that deal? their for my 94' Camaro.

thanx for the help

Berry47 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: 12" legacy speakers

Legacy is terrible no matter your looking at. Sorry.

Mine: CDT, Eclipse, Diamond Audio, Dayton, Aura

Wifey: Infinity, Concept, Pioneer, Profile, JBL

Refs: Ruckus, MSSOKC

ngsm13 is offline BSEE

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

yeah, they are pieces of **** to honestly tell you. DO NOT buy them...lousy...sound like ****....don't get loud....will not last. I'd rather have a midget sit in my trunk and fart than listen to those. Also, ur legacy amp doesn't give u ANYWHERE near 1000 watts...it is horrible too...sell it...it won't last much longer. peace

NG

http://crunktimes.com/ct/
    nG - BSEE

dbhittin is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

for $40 on ebay if u look hard enough, u can get some rockford subs that will do better

Bavarian3 is offline Ownz joo

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dbhittin
    for $40 on ebay if u look hard enough, u can get some rockford subs that will do better
    or some kicker comps or pioneers. I seriously would much rather take my chances with some cheap used subs than buying legacy.

Upcoming SQ competition ready install...
    -Eclipse cd8053
    -Image Dynamics Cd1Pro MH
    -Image Dynamics 6.5" mids with CX motors and poly cone in custom fiberglass kick panels
    -12" Stereo Integrity Magnum in large sealed fiberglass wheel well enclosure.
    -Viper d1200.1 (sub), Viper 400.2 (mids), David Navone Amp-100 (horns)

somekook is offline only 15"s

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

the amp isnt nearly as bad as the subs. its not going to give you 1000 watts... but watts arent everything. and what do you mean it wont last much longer? you can predict the future? i used to have a legacy amp and it was pretty good for 120 bucks... never broke.

vrykolakas04 is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

about the amp, well i've had it for about 8 months now and its still doing what i'm needing it to do. lol. but thanx for your opinions on the subs though

ngsm13 is offline BSEE

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

well, just to let you know...it is only giving you about 250 watts RMS. which is the actual, continuous power it gives...that's it. peace

NG

http://crunktimes.com/ct/
    nG - BSEE

DJ B-Stee is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i had a legacy 1400w 2 channel....it put out 35x2 rms but the bass boost compensated a little bit. my memphis still beats the ***** out of it tho. get profile or something instead if you're lookin for somethin cheap

Below 30 is offline Video Games Fo Life

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Does it amaze anyone else, these type of questions every literal day. Notice its always a new person like me, with 1 or 2 post and its the same question that was asked just a thread below.

Basically if the mentallity is to buy subwoofers for $40 dollars, your dedication to the effort is not there. There is only two ways, the quality way and the alley way. Price does not dictate quality, but there is a common sense factor to many things like audio. No matter who wants to explain, there is nobody who would seriously believe that $40 subs would be good.

Usually these people start these question threads like this then never come back. I think its a game they are playing with the big posters, to see how many responses they can get to their threads. It seems to give them a thrill. I respect the people who can seriously reply to these threads, day in-day out. Knowing that tommorow, the same question will be asked about a pyramid or a lanzar. Its not funny to me, its very sad, because you have to filter through these threads to get to the few threads where you can actually learn something.

It's time to stop fueling these same people who join forums, just to ask a generic question and watch everyone give serious answers, while the poster is laughing and joing another forum to do the same thing.

When Skills Ruled

somekook is offline only 15"s

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

take it easy man. he obviously did not just post and never come back because he has replied

bigwheel15 is offline Ooh Yeah!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Posted by somekook - 01-16-2004 at 06:36 PM
    the amp isnt nearly as bad as the subs. its not going to give you 1000 watts... but watts arent everything. and what do you mean it wont last much longer? you can predict the future? i used to have a legacy amp and it was pretty good for 120 bucks... never broke

120 dollars!!! da@#, you overpaid by 119 dollars, j/k seriously though that is tooooo much for such a low quality amp.

DJ FURY is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Man seriously.i know everyone isnt made of money but cmon.Legacy?Why dont u give one of ur friends the money u plan on spending on that legacy garbage and let him kick u in the nads and call it a day.Thats about what ur getting when u buy that crap.if money is an issue save up a few more weeks....for something decent.....

SirSyko is offline Delusional Psychotic

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I think he is serious and just needs some guidence. If I were you Id atleast go for some sony subs. $20 buy it now on ebay.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=50572

Z28
    XXV-01D

CDT

PG Tantrums

OZ ME12

BoominEclipse is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Below 30
    Does it amaze anyone else, these type of questions every literal day. Notice its always a new person like me, with 1 or 2 post and its the same question that was asked just a thread below.

Basically if the mentallity is to buy subwoofers for $40 dollars, your dedication to the effort is not there. There is only two ways, the quality way and the alley way. Price does not dictate quality, but there is a common sense factor to many things like audio. No matter who wants to explain, there is nobody who would seriously believe that $40 subs would be good.

Usually these people start these question threads like this then never come back. I think its a game they are playing with the big posters, to see how many responses they can get to their threads. It seems to give them a thrill. I respect the people who can seriously reply to these threads, day in-day out. Knowing that tommorow, the same question will be asked about a pyramid or a lanzar. Its not funny to me, its very sad, because you have to filter through these threads to get to the few threads where you can actually learn something.

It's time to stop fueling these same people who join forums, just to ask a generic question and watch everyone give serious answers, while the poster is laughing and joing another forum to do the same thing.
    I'm glad you know everything and don't see any point in these types of threads, hey that's you. In my case I'm quite new to car audio, and it threads like these and the other hateful "this vs that" threads that have opened my eyes to alot of companies I wasn't aware of.

That's learning to me.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast