Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Help with sub choice

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Icon32 My little grand prix

Hey I'm a newbie to subs, so please try and help. I have a 96' grand prix, 2 door.
    I want to have a nice system, but have no idea what to get.. I would like to spend around $800 if not less.
    I have seen so many things like kicker L7 solo barics, and the kicker 1200watt class d amp looked cool, and I could get both of those about half of retail. (sub-$188, amp- $450) but I am so lost..
    And I am deciding between like two 10"s, two 12"s, or one 10" or one 12" with just a big box. I like rap alot, but I also really like rock. Please help I need
    Brand of subs
    Size
    kind of box
    possibly where to get them
    recommended amp
    and just yeah, please help.. andrew
    Last edited by brothaknowles; 01-15-2004 at 11:47 PM.

PopcornPlaya is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Help with sub choice

adire audio shivas, would fit nicely into your budget. they're 125 apiece (250 for both subs). www.adireaudio.com

you might also want to check out elemental designs e12. its like 135 apiece. www.edesignaudio.com

the resonant engineering also offer some good woofers at a decent price. www.respl.com

a lot of people are also fans of treo engineering woofers. i have never personally heard one of them, but from what i have heard, they are well performing woofers, at a decent price. www.treoonline.com

im just trying to think of woofers that aren't terribly expensive yet perform well. i personally am not a fan of mainstream products, with the exception of JL Audio. If i were on a smaller budget, i'd go for something that wasn't a mainstream brand of woofer. as for amps, it'd be harder to suggest without knowing which woofer you are using, being as some of the power ratings differ on them.

"Whattaya lookin' at? You're all a bunch of fvcking assholes. You know why? 'Cause you don't have the guts to be what you wanna be. You need people like me. You need people like me so you can point your fvcking fingers, and say "that's the bad guy." So, what dat make you? Good? You're not good; you just know how to hide. Howda lie. Me, I don't have that problem. Me, I always tell the truth--even when I lie. So say goodnight to the bad guy. Come on; the last time you gonna see a bad guy like this, let me tell ya. Come on, make way for the bad guy. There's a bad guy comin' through; you better get outta his way!"

Ptown is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Help with sub choice

Hi guys, I'm here to completely spam the heck out of this site. You ask what is the best, and I just happen to supply a link to the online car audio site I own that is well overpriced and not authorized for many of the brands. I try and place these links so I don't get caught. Well, you got caught. Nice try, but it won't get by me.

~ Edited by ss3079 on behalf of the CarAudio.com Moderation Staff.
    Last edited by ss3079; 01-16-2004 at 09:47 PM.

Closed Thread