Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Different Subwoofer Frequencies simultaneously

Newbie to the spot. I did a search for acoustics and subs operating in different frequencies and did not find what i was looking for.

So here is a question for you audio professionals out there.
    Background:
    I have a 99 galant four door. Seats dont fold down but i do have a little escape hatch (from trunk) on the passenger side of the back seat

Used to have 3 JLW6 in sealed enclosure. Pioneer 6x9 on rear deck (need to be replaced)
    Looking at going to a pair of e12a.22 [ported enclosure]. thinking of getting the audiobahn a18001DT (still researching other amps)

Up front: Pioneer 940mp and deq9200

Desire:
    I would like to have my bass dropping very low while maintaining nice clean bass for everything lower than 100hz

Question:
    I was thinking of putting two seperate custom enclosures to go in the corners of the trunk closest to the tail light assemblies. Each ported enclosure would be tuned to a different frequency (for example: 1st sub @ 28hz and the other @ 50hz). Would this be a good idea????

Please provide explanations and links about subs operating at different frequencies so that i can learn about this area.

Please provide recommendations too.

Thanks Guys

jemorgan85 is offline SPL Tactician

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Different Subwoofer Frequencies simultaneously

Quote Originally Posted by onlyphases
    Newbie to the spot. I did a search for acoustics and subs operating in different frequencies and did not find what i was looking for.

So here is a question for you audio professionals out there.
    Background:
    I have a 99 galant four door. Seats dont fold down but i do have a little escape hatch (from trunk) on the passenger side of the back seat

Used to have 3 JLW6 in sealed enclosure. Pioneer 6x9 on rear deck (need to be replaced)
    Looking at going to a pair of e12a.22 [ported enclosure]. thinking of getting the audiobahn a18001DT (still researching other amps)

Up front: Pioneer 940mp and deq9200

Desire:
    I would like to have my bass dropping very low while maintaining nice clean bass for everything lower than 100hz

Question:
    I was thinking of putting two seperate custom enclosures to go in the corners of the trunk closest to the tail light assemblies. Each ported enclosure would be tuned to a different frequency (for example: 1st sub @ 28hz and the other @ 50hz). Would this be a good idea????

Please provide explanations and links about subs operating at different frequencies so that i can learn about this area.

Please provide recommendations too.

Thanks Guys
    In theory you could do that, but believe me it would not sound right. You need to tune both enclosures to the same frequency. The Ed A is a very versatile driver, and will play clean at every sub-bass frequency. If you are concerned with more of a high-end bass range, get one 12A and one 8A, put the 12 A in the trunk tuned around 28 hz, and the 8A sealed or tuned around 40-45 hz.

Team Gates

Audio Answers Writer: www.mycarjams.com

2002 SVT Focus
    Head Unit: Pioneer 8600
    Front stage: nothin
    Front Stage Amplification: nothin
    Low End: preparing for next season...

AIM: jemorgan85

onlyphases is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned