Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reload Thread: Finally, the TC LMS 15 has arrived...now what?

rc10mike is offline I b sippin on sizzurp

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Icon32 Finally, the TC LMS 15 has arrived...now what?

Finally got my LMS 15 today. It has the AP blue basket, with the TC Ti cone, its pretty nice and I always wanted to see what the big deal with these was....

I never really had any specific plans for this sub. I basically just wanted to hear one for myself. That being said I have an 04 Impala SS. Not really ideal for a huge ported box. One thing that concerns me is the Audiopulse recommended power as 5000w RMS....I often wonder how realistic this rating is, what have you guys run these with good results?

Then to the box. As I said I dont really want to go ported since I want some trunk space. What size (in the real world) sealed box would be good for this sub?

I guess I really didnt plan too well before buying, but its here now and I need some tips, I dont find too much info on these...

Thanks

EDIT: I could probably get away with 4.5 cuft...

Bought From:bad @SS chevy, kmanian, bpres9991, TurdFergueson2, donpisto
    Sold To:pcoff61, JoeSmith502, hemi4me?, weddlz, wp7456, cloudwalka, cx-7heaven
    Ebay: rc10zmoney: 100% +
    HU: P99RS
    HAT L1 Pro R2
    HAT L6SE
    SS HRU.4 and HRU.2
    x2 IDQ 12 Sealed

*SlappinAzz* is offline Shoot em

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Finally, the TC LMS 15 has arrived...now what?

put 8000 watts on it and it will laugh. Put 20,000 on it and hear it scream in pain, its funny.

reaudioxxx is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

pics?

2002 mustang
    pioneer AVH-P5000DVD
    orion comps
    amp coming soon
    DC lvl 5 18 ....being built
    Quote Originally Posted by ramos View Post
    How so? If his town has noise ordinance laws prohibiting it, it's still against the law. Why not just go spark a J on his front porch, while banging his wife and fingering his daughter while your at it. Don't be a *****, if your gonna break the law. Break a real law, not some half *** noise ordinance.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SlappinBass View Post
    put 8000 watts on it and it will laugh. Put 20,000 on it and hear it scream in pain, its funny.
    Thanks, Ill keep that in mind..

HAT L1 Pro R2
    HAT L6SE
    SS HRU.4 and HRU.2
    x2 IDQ 12 Sealed

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

HAT L1 Pro R2
    HAT L6SE
    SS HRU.4 and HRU.2
    x2 IDQ 12 Sealed

reaudioxxx is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

**** sub

2002 mustang
    pioneer AVH-P5000DVD
    orion comps
    amp coming soon
    DC lvl 5 18 ....being built
    Quote Originally Posted by ramos View Post
    How so? If his town has noise ordinance laws prohibiting it, it's still against the law. Why not just go spark a J on his front porch, while banging his wife and fingering his daughter while your at it. Don't be a *****, if your gonna break the law. Break a real law, not some half *** noise ordinance.

misfit138 is offline a whole new type of aids

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

You have an SE 4000, bro. Do 4.5 cubes sealed and see what happens. I'd imagine it'll be quite nice.

I shot out muh mom's vag with bossing papers in hand.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by misfit138 View Post
    You have an SE 4000, bro. Do 4.5 cubes sealed and see what happens. I'd imagine it'll be quite nice.
    I dont really have the electrical to use all 4k+ watts. Thats why I asked if this rating of 5k RMS was realistic. If not Im hoping I could get away with using my JBL BPX, which is about 2400w @ 4 ohms...

Eventually I will throw the SE at it, Im just wondering what others have tried with these...

HAT L1 Pro R2
    HAT L6SE
    SS HRU.4 and HRU.2
    x2 IDQ 12 Sealed

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Funny story:

The sub arrived while I was at work, my wife signed for it, she then called me saying its going to have to stay on the porch since she couldn't lift it!

Yes, I will tell it at parties.

HAT L1 Pro R2
    HAT L6SE
    SS HRU.4 and HRU.2
    x2 IDQ 12 Sealed

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rc10mike View Post
    I dont really have the electrical to use all 4k+ watts. Thats why I asked if this rating of 5k RMS was realistic. If not Im hoping I could get away with using my JBL BPX, which is about 2400w @ 4 ohms...

Eventually I will throw the SE at it, Im just wondering what others have tried with these...
    I have zero experience with TC subs, man. I wish I could offer concrete advice on the sub's rating, but I'd just be talking out my ass if I tried. Even with that being said, I don't see 5,000 watts rms being totally unbelieveable or out of the question. It's also a damn dirty shame that you don't have the electrical for the SE 4000. It's an even bigger shame that noone will buy my Arctic Cat so I can take it off your hands.

I did do some reading about enclosure recommendations and 2.0 - 4.5 cubes sealed seems to be what was recommended for the Audiopulse version of the sub. I don't even know how many, if any, differences there are between the TC and AP LMS Ultras.

Maybe you should run it on your AX2000 until you can afford the electrical upgrades for that beautiful SE 4000 of yours...

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have zero experience with TC subs, man. I wish I could offer concrete advice on the sub's rating, but I'd just be talking out my ass if I tried. Even with that being said, I don't see 5,000 watts rms being totally unbelieveable or out of the question. It's also a damn dirty shame that you don't have the electrical for the SE 4000. It's an even bigger shame that noone will buy my Arctic Cat so I can take it off your hands.

I did do some reading about enclosure recommendations and 2.0 - 4.5 cubes sealed seems to be what was recommended for the Audiopulse version of the sub. I don't even know how many, if any, differences there are between the TC and AP LMS Ultras.

Maybe you should run it on your AX2000 until you can afford the electrical upgrades for that beautiful SE 4000 of yours...
    Same here, I have little experience with TC subs. Ive been reading about the LMS for a while now and always wanted one. I have a full T/S spec sheet on this sub and it seems almost identical to the AP version.

Its not that I cant upgrade my electrical, I just dont want 4 extra batteries in my trunk! If I had an SUV I would have no problem with adding the extra weight.

HAT L1 Pro R2
    HAT L6SE
    SS HRU.4 and HRU.2
    x2 IDQ 12 Sealed

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Totally understandable. At least you have all this **** ass equipment lying around. I'd give my left nut for an LMS Ultra & SE 4000.

The best car audio equipment I have lying around right now is a pair of 15" Earthquake Magmas. That's hardly anything to brag about.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Totally understandable. At least you have all this **** ass equipment lying around. I'd give my left nut for an LMS Ultra & SE 4000.

The best car audio equipment I have lying around right now is a pair of 15" Earthquake Magmas. That's hardly anything to brag about.
    Its no longer fun when you get a bunch of lowball offers on the stuff you try to sell for less than you paid! I wish I could sell some of this stuff

Ive got offers for about 30% of what I paid on the AX...but in reality it seems to be the going price....and it hurts!

HAT L1 Pro R2
    HAT L6SE
    SS HRU.4 and HRU.2
    x2 IDQ 12 Sealed

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Dude, I put my atv up for sale for the sole purpose of buying your SE 4000. That was what, 2 friggin' months ago? Hell, I'd offer to send you like $200 per week for the amp, but I honestly don't think I could afford the payments half the time. Maybe I should kick my gf and her daughter out of my house. I could probably swing it then.

I've gotta get my priorities situated, man. Girlfriend or amplifier? It's a tough decision.

*SlappinAzz* is offline Shoot em

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Dude, I put my atv up for sale for the sole purpose of buying your SE 4000. That was what, 2 friggin' months ago? Hell, I'd offer to send you like $200 per week for the amp, but I honestly don't think I could afford the payments half the time. Maybe I should kick my gf and her daughter out of my house. I could probably swing it then.

I've gotta get my priorities situated, man. Girlfriend or amplifier? It's a tough decision.

Ditch the girlfriend, and get yourself a ho, they are cheaper. That way, you can treat yourself to a nice amplifier, and a case of bad herpes in the morning. =)

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast