Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Component Sets...MB or Polk or Vega's??

Z71456 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Icon32 Component Sets...MB or Polk or Vega's??

I was wondering if some of you goo roo's could help me with a decision. I just recently installed a pair of Cerwin Vega IT-6.02 components and I blew a tweater within a week. Not only that, but I am not happy with the sound. The separation and accuaracy isn't what I thought and I am going to go with either MB RSC-216's or a polk audio set. Can anyone help me or suggest another brand that is equivelent to these? I haven't heard the RSC's yet, but I hear they sound very good as far as accuaracy and clarity go. I am also looking for something that can handle some power. I like to listen to my music VERY LOUD. Thank you in advance for your input.

mr.cableboi is offline Pimp Of The Year

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    MB Quarts or polk either ones are good.

RockFord Fosgate owns

budgetSQ is offline Basshead

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    diamond componets kick some serious ***!

-(1) Clarion 725
    -(2) Diamond M371i
    -(1) Diamond MacDaddy 12" UNIQUE (long throw) in a ported box
    -(1) 400w 4ch Crunch Drive Bridged
    -(1) 600w 2ch Crunch Drive Bridged

jellydime is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    MB Quarts all the way!!!!
    JELLYDIME

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Here's a third vote for MB.

millinivation is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    a lot of mb quarts do not handle tons of power like some but the highs are possibly the crispest and cleanest of any components available. i would choose them i would also look at memphis audio coaxils (which is what i have on a memphis st100) because memphis highs scream . but in components go with mb quart, they are pretty expensive though but you get what you pay for in this product.

mykeys is offline URABUS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That's actually depressing cause the only good thing about the quarts I have are the tweeters. And I was looking to set up my car with the IT line..You are the only person I know of that has had them....BTW did you have them in kicks, door,,where were they? Which HU and amp were you using...How possible is it that the install and set up didnt match the accoustic characteristics of your vehicle? I wanna get as many details as possible.. Maybe I am nutz but I like to do things different from the norm a lot of the time but I also dont want to repeat someones mistakes either..If you'd rather send me an email thats cool to cause then I could keep it stored till I am ready to pick apart the info.

Mike

Your friendly neighborhood subaru freak!

Z71456 is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ok Mike, here's the story on the IT's. A friend of mine owns 3 stereo shops in my area and I had been wanting to change my mid's n' highs for a while. I went to him for advice although I thought I knew what I wanted. He pushed those to me and told me I wouldn't blow tweeters like on the MB's. Well, I did blow a tweeter anyway, but even before that, I played around with the jumper settings and just couldn't get the sound right where I wanted it. As the volume gets higher, the different frequencies in the highs, and mid-highs start to blend together and the separation is no longer there. I put them in the front doors of a 2001 GMC Sierria Extra Cab 4x4 LT. They fit perfect because the truck comes with factory components. I was running them with a kicker 150.2 amplifier. I know that is probably the reason the tweet blew, but that is not my main concern. My goal was to get mid's n' highs that would not only be loud, but also maintain accuracy and good separation as the volume rises. They are not a bad sounding speaker because I have heard worse components, but if you're looking for Suburb sound quality, then these aren't for you. I'm not impressed at all. Vega needs to stick to subs. Hope I helped your decision and for all of you others, I really appreciate the input. I think I will be going with the MB Reference series tomorrow.

audiolife is offline WhAt?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    speaker positioning, crossover points, eq-ing all work hand in hand with staging of any system. some purists say you dont need it...yet i have never seen anyone with an awesome sounding system that has'nt used at least 2 of these 3 to achieve their sound...put a great speaker in a bad spot will sound bad....crossover a great speaker with a bad slope sounds bad....and eq's tend to give nudges in right sound i wouldnt suggest using them to totally try to change the sound.

Sony Mobile ES C-90 Audison Bit-One
    Audison LRx 3.1 MT
    Hertz HSK 130
    Mid Bass ?
    DB Drive K5 15
    Kinetik 1400HC
    avital 2200 alarm
    dynamat extreme

Closed Thread