Closed Thread

Reload Thread: help with old setup . .. . MTX thunder 2150x amp and 10" old school solobaric

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

help with old setup . .. . MTX thunder 2150x amp and 10" old school solobaric

so out of boredom and just plain havin all the parts and wiring to install i dropped this sub and amp into my lil daily driver toyota echo sunday..

here is the issue..

sub sounds GREAT til about 1/2 power, then phases out..

i messed with gains, freq setting, xover point, etc.. cant get much thump out of it (im not expecting to be LOUD, but it shouldnt die out like this) ..

my factory head unit gets about 1/2 way up, and its still there, then anything above that fades out almost.. my dumb *** buddy was like "drill a 2" hole in the box LOL" .. not doin that hahaha..

box is about 1cft ... its one of those slightly angled ones they used to sell the sub with back in the day

any ideas? just ****** sub? this amp should be pushin decent sound through this thing.. im lost?

bridged amp, 4ohm sub

touchdowntodd is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: help with old setup . .. . MTX thunder 2150x amp and 10" old school solobaric

ps - was tryin to do this with all free stuff, so if there is no answer using what i have already idk if ill bother to do anything..

unless i can just buy a sub and change it out in the box, or maybe find a decent deal on a better sub/box setup for this amp

touchdowntodd is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: help with old setup . .. . MTX thunder 2150x amp and 10" old school solobaric

no one?

Closed Thread