Disclaimer: I would like to say Thank You to any artist/dj whose music I've altered in any way... the songs below are from mixtapes via DatPiff, MixtapeEvolution, HotNewHipHop and Tjsdjs all availabe for free, so join their sites and support our sub's favorite music
1) I don't chop anything, I don't know why, but I can't stand it at all... The only things I do is: Change Tempo, Pitch, Equalize, Fade In/Fade Out, High Pass Filter (this is cool for those without a bass knob or button, bass comes in at a good point, usually when the verse begins) along with a few other effects that I'll keep to myself
2) Most songs are geared to peak around 25db (on a scale of 0-30) and I try my best to keep it Clean and Loud... more than anyone else I know. I wouldn't post anything I wouldn't play in my car
3) You wont find peaks below 25hz... no point... very few can play lower (but kudos to those who can) so I keep it reasonably slow without sounding stupid like typical Chopped & Screwed music
4) Don't mind the DJ drops... I can't get rid of them... and some of the tunes aren't available without them / PM me if links arent working)
5) Gain Setting Test Tone... I've gone through alot of my songs and have decided this to be the best level for the average user without being too low/quiet. Some say use -3db @50hz, RF says to use -10db/-5db @40hz... so my average sits right between there, it was chosen for a reason. If you are going to play test tones to burp don't use a 0db tone, use -3db to match up better with your preout voltage.
-4.6db @45hz 30s Test Tone with Fade In/FadeOut
My previous thread that led to this thread became a giant mess in no time because I cant easily edit the first post, but since Im no longer doing individual downloads for each song I can update the first post each time I add a Zip via a Mod, roughly every month.
Enjoy, Ive spent years doing this and Im happy to be a source for reliably Loud music that is Clean and full of Variety, no matter what kind of bass-head you are, there's a song for you